VFL Elimination Final - Carlton v Collingwood Game Day 1.10PM šŸˆ

Remove this Banner Ad

Have watched this 10 times alreadyā€¦

Unbelievable how he just knows how to hurtā€¦

This is why he MUST be in our starting 18ā€¦

Every quality side has one!
I honestly believe he has what it takes to become a real physical leader and our Luke Hodge when he matures into his mid 20s and gets 50-100 games under his belt. Just hope we hang onto him, would hate to see him develop elsewhere, he is exactly what this team needs

Has to be the most overrated player on big footy. Unfortunately I just donā€™t see it.
He has had an injury interrupted year - but is a class above a couple of the other smalls in terms of athletic ability and kicking ability. Voss doesn't use these developing players as stay there forwards - he likes them all to push back hard in defence - good for the longer term but a harder ask in developing young players with not much game time under their belts.

Has to be the most overrated player on big footy. Unfortunately I just donā€™t see it.
Hope we are horribly wrong, but I tend to lean this way. Honey and Philp are for mine both looking more questionable picks as time goes on. Granted some injury interruptions but in terms of what we have seen to date the jury is well out on both in terms of going "yep we have one here it will just take time". Cant see it to this point.

Hope we are horribly wrong, but I tend to lean this way. Honey and Philp are for mine both looking more questionable picks as time goes on. Granted some injury interruptions but in terms of what we have seen to date the jury is well out on both in terms of going "yep we have one here it will just take time". Cant see it to this point.
I think one thing the club has made a mess of is injury prevention and management.

One thing they have nailed (this year) is player development. If we get Philp and Honey a full preseason I would say itā€™s more likely than not we will see considerable improvement in both next year.

Honey was a rookie selection so expectations need to accord with that

Philp looks a disappointment with a second round pick. Another player we keep trying to play in various positions and leaving unsettled

I'm hopeful Kemp keeps building on recent form of last two weeks. We need a mobile third tall forward so badly, forward balance in seniors is off

Philp looks a disappointment with a second round pick. Another player we keep trying to play in various positions and leaving unsettled

I'm hopeful Kemp keeps building on recent form of last two weeks. We need a mobile third tall forward so badly, forward balance in seniors is off
Granted re Honey, I think Honey actually looks the more likely of the 2. Philp given his selection a big concern. To Windows point above injury mgmt does seem a big issue. Will be interesting to see them both after a full preseason. Kemp I think will be OK if played to position and given a clear forward role. Looked good last weekend.

Granted re Honey, I think Honey actually looks the more likely of the 2. Philp given his selection a big concern. To Windows point above injury mgmt does seem a big issue. Will be interesting to see them both after a full preseason. Kemp I think will be OK if played to position and given a clear forward role. Looked good last weekend.

Very easy to forget how young these guys are. Honey is 20, Philp only just turned 21.

Both have had their short careers severely interrupted by injury, yet they have shown terrific signs (particularly at VFL level) and have both already played senior football.

Would we have liked them to play more? Sure, but it's far too premature to be putting a line through them.

Get their bodies right and I'd have both in our best side, or not far off it.

Very easy to forget how young these guys are. Honey is 20, Philp only just turned 21.

Both have had their short careers severely interrupted by injury, yet they have shown terrific signs (particularly at VFL level) and have both already played senior football.

Would we have liked them to play more? Sure, but it's far too premature to be putting a line through them.

Get their bodies right and I'd have both in our best side, or not far off it.

Give it 12 months and they will be classified as too slow, scared and canā€™t tackle (see Stocker)ā€¦

Only on Bigfooty!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still time for Philp, And to put more pressure on our recruiter's reputation, I think he's classed as a 1st. rounder.

No question.

What I haven't seen is the smarts to make the most of those physical gifts.

Does he have a high footy IQ?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Too early for me to have a view- but I do like his straight line running at any contest and through anything in it.

He claimed was overheard, are we dealing in opposition supporters rumours now ?
Was just some info. Wasn't really earth shattering stuff and most had been spoken about on here already. Doesn't really matter where it comes from. The reply was rude and over the top based on the 'rumour'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back