VFL Elimination Final - Carlton v Collingwood Game Day 1.10PM 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah first time I've seen Akuei and I was impressed.

A couple of his second efforts were outstanding. He sprung to his feet and laid a tackle quicker than any of the mids.

Obviously still a little way off but there's definitely something to work with.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
a good first game to see akuei in considering it was the best game he's played so far.

Setterfield is behind Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra and Kennedy as an inside mid and behind Cottrell and O’Brien as a wing.
That’s why he’s played plenty of VFL this year.
Much better player than Obrien and Cottrell. He’s better for team dynamic to be in the side than have all 3 of Cripps Hewett and Kennedy.

I think Kennedy as half forward is the go

Just playing devils advocate: didn’t you think the midfield looked a lot more balanced with Setters and Doc in there in the last two games? Didn’t it feel MUCH hard for opposition mids to get space when in possession?
It’s an interesting one because it also coincided with Pittonet coming back and Cripps finding form. We also dropped a Ruckman giving us an extra small around the ground

Much better player than Obrien and Cottrell. He’s better for team dynamic to be in the side than have all 3 of Cripps Hewett and Kennedy.

I think Kennedy as half forward is the go
Yes a better player than Cottrell and O’Brien - but not as a winger.

Kennedy is harder, has better skills and is more versatile than Setterfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we trade him??
If we think we have surplus of same types competing for same role in midfield and not room for all of them, it might be an opportunity to trade for a player of similar ability in a position we not have surplus.
I do not mind keeping him but also ok with trading him if the end result is list even more balanced overall. He is not suited to wing and the inside mid spots are basically already taken via Cripps, Kennedy and Hewitt. He's just back up at this stage. If he got us an extra quick small defender for him or absolute gun wing I'd be ok with it. I just cannot see him getting many senior matches except when Crippa, Kennedy or Hewitt injured.

I'm sure they got a lot more of the ball than him.
He still struggles to handle a ball easily with one grab which at this type of level it needs to almost second nature.
He may still develop but I've gone from early season confident he would, to the opposite now and not much hope any more.
He has another two or three years as a CatB, so he has time.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not for mine. Kennedy is our second most important mid IMO, when he's playing well Cripps gets more space to weave his magic. Kennedy cracks in harder than any player in the comp, he's also very strong overhead and a great kick for goal, two things Setters is not good at. No doubting Setterfield plays his best footy in the guts along with about five others and his best is easily AFL midfield standard.
Just need his TOG to nudge 80%. Would make a huge difference to rotations.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just playing devils advocate: didn’t you think the midfield looked a lot more balanced with Setters and Doc in there in the last two games? Didn’t it feel MUCH hard for opposition mids to get space when in possession?

Not in comparison to the first 10 games of this year when Kennedy and Hewett were up and running without injury. Our midfield was widely regarded as top two in the comp maybe behind Melbourne. Also you cant underestimate the herculean performance of Cripps in those last two rounds. Setters did what was required vs Collingwood. I though Doc provided a great addition but definitely no better than the other two. As effective yes.

Likely this! Heard a player( I know who) said “aren’t we getting that Casey bloke from the Crows”

I thought I just misheard the crows bit, but yup that makes more sense now.

Did they mention anything about a point being missed last Sunday and the result being overturned and we play Freo next Saturday ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back