Unofficial Preview Elimination Final : Changes against The Swans - University Of Tas - Saturday 15:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Im gonna come out and make a bold prediction

I think our midfield will bully them and the only way they will score is through fast transition from the Def 50. Im backing us in to beat them up around the ball and have repeat stoppages and entries to win the game comfortably.

Giants by 16

Yeah I have a really good feeling about this one

Apart from the 2019 GF we play a different brand in finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were about $2.40 with the bookies yesterday, but since the teams announced have come into $2.16.

I'm not sure that missing Kennedy and Mills will be as harmful for them as most think. Sure some skills and experience missing but they add even more pace. Further exacerbates the contrasting styles in this one to be speed vs grunt.

I'm quietly confident we can get it done. Our momentum has been up and down from week to week, but surely the boys get up and firing for this one

I feel we came of age that day. First finals series, surprisingly in the top 4, but playing big brother who were minor premiers we were expected to melt in the heat. But we stood up, withstood their initial heat, and brought it home strongly. Amazing feeling in the stadium, even more so seeing the swans fans streaming out when the upset result was obvious.

Suddenly other fans' feelings of concern about us were verified.

I want to do that again!

We came of age that day.
The Swans were shocked at how much support there was for us in the stadium.

The code desperately needs a "big occasion" venue in Sydney. Both clubs are worse off without one.
David Matthews, at the members forum, said he is still lobbying to keep ANZ configured for AFL games.

Which players are you most worried about going in to this game guys? For me Cogs is a bit of a worry with him possibly breaking down early also will know his impact as soon as he has his first kick. If it is on his left I might have to turn off the tv... Hope I am proven wrong and I am really bullish about our chances against the Swans with no JPK or Mills

Which players are you most worried about going in to this game guys? For me Cogs is a bit of a worry with him possibly breaking down early also will know his impact as soon as he has his first kick. If it is on his left I might have to turn off the tv... Hope I am proven wrong and I am really bullish about our chances against the Swans with no JPK or Mills
Yep… Cogs. He has to be underdone surely.

I feel pretty confident with Cogs tbh, looked really sharp in the short period he played last week and then was able to play a large amount of time early the next day, another week of preperation should do him well with his recovery. He seemed very confident on Fox Footy the other day about how he's recovered from his foot and toe injuries as well as his match fitness. Expecting a big game from our skipper.

I feel pretty confident with Cogs tbh, looked really sharp in the short period he played last week and then was able to play a large amount of time early the next day, another week of preperation should do him well with his recovery. He seemed very confident on Fox Footy the other day about how he's recovered from his foot and toe injuries as well as his match fitness. Expecting a big game from our skipper.

I honestly hope you are proven 100% correct mate. But, we have seen players put their hands up for important games before that have turned out horribly (Davis). Cogs did look sharp and energetic in the 10 mins or so he was on the field last week, let's see if he can back up for 85 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly hope you are proven 100% correct mate. But, we have seen players put their hands up for important games before that have turned out horribly (Davis). Cogs did look sharp and energetic in the 10 mins or so he was on the field last week, let's see if he can back up for 85 mins.
Yeah that Davis obviously one sticks out as a bad call to choose to play him but it's good to see we've at least seen Cogs perform at a pretty high level although for a short period of time, but then reportedly backed it up the next day and got through unscathed and then another solid week of training should do his fitness well.

Different situations between Davis and Cogs.

You'll also remember that same game re: Davis, Cogs ruled himself out. If he says he is good to go, he's good to go

Last edited:
Not sure why the doubt over Cogs selection. He has played well when on the park this, is a jet and match winner and our captain. He is paid the big bucks to play in the big games and win them for us. Even at 50% I’d take cogs over the next best alternative.

Fairly confident this week. Finals are won in the contest and that is where we thrive. Watch for our guys to go very hard at the swans around the contest

The difference is that Coniglio is not (supposed to be) as slow as Davis.

If it turns out he is, we're in trouble.

The difference is that Davis injured himself the week before and tried to push through. Cogs actually ruled himself out of the same game.

Cogs is coming back from an injury and has taken his time to get it right.

The difference is that Davis injured himself the week before and tried to push through. Cogs actually ruled himself out of the same game.

Cogs is coming back from an injury and has taken his time to get it right.

He must have physically recovered, or he wouldn't be lining up.

But he'll lack match fitness, and this is a final. If he runs out of petrol, we'll have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back