Preview ELIMINATION FINAL: RICHMOND V CARLTON - MCG - SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2013 - Foley & White Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd love to see this weekend is bays of Tiger fans in Yellow Afro Wigs like they do for the Rugby League State of Origin. Even if it was just the cheer squad and surrounding bays. Would be a great to see! RFC_Official is something that the club could co-ordinate?

Here's my quick attempt to show what it could look like (Photoshopped NSW Blues fans) ;)

gdq7.jpg

I missed out on tickets. Absolutely shattered.

I guess i'll be going to a pub to get drunk and watch the game

It is simple. Carltank have not earned the right, or deserve to be playing finals football. Hopefully the football Gods will be smiling down on us on Sunday. I have my tickets, and I expect we will be too good on the day. Recent results mean nothing. I have the same feeling going into this game as before the Hawthorn game - "what if.." - I think it will happen.

Our best is better than Carlton's best (and by some distance,) we bring that and we win. We bring anything less and it's safe to say we could go back to being a laughing stock. The good thing about our coaching panel is that they appear to learn quickly from previous mistakes and rectify those. Martin won't have 10 possessions again and Ellis will be waiting for Armfield. Martin needs to drag Tuohey to full back when he can and Ellis (being the fittest player at the club) needs to just run all afternoon.

Despite what some posters have been saying our past 2 games have been easy...I disagree, it's given us an opportunity for players to study how the game plan unfolds in real conditions
Reckon we are ripe to smash the scum..Boys will not be unsettled by nerves...lots of seasoned players in our team
Bring it on

Go Tigers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So ******* pumped, we have the gameplan and the hectic running off HB to put this result away at half time. Will we keep on with it unlike last time where we only played the one quarter remains to be seen.

Yep will be an epic, am wrapt that our return to the finals is against one of the traditional rivals, will be huge. Love rich v Carlton games at best of times let alone when they're for sheep stations ....I expect a battle royale , no man left standing affair

For sure, incredible how its panned out.

Anything is a bonus for us really, Tiges rightfully start faves

Gibbs & Simpson ran around unchecked last game & it was sickening to see them set up the win..Dimma will not let this happen again I am sure! King to harass the s**t out of Simpson all day & Lids to Gibbs or a hard tag either way shut these 2 out & we win..simples!...Also Cotchin & Martin had no impact last time either..this will not happen again!

I missed out on tickets. Absolutely shattered.

I guess i'll be going to a pub to get drunk and watch the game

Hey mate you a member? Did you try getting em with your membership? Would love to try and help you out.

Murphy is the one that has found a little bit of form. I'd close check him first and second Gibbs. Gibbs doesn't like the physical stuff but he can be damaging on the outside.

I doubt Casboult will have another game like he did last time against us but there's Henderson and Waite to worry about up forward. The real positive though is that Grimes is looking better and won't be as underdone as he was in the previous clash and should be good to take their third tall. I really have faith in Chappy/Rance/Grimes against the Carlton forwards.

Carlton were pathetic for 2 quarters last week. If we get on a roll we must hurt them on the scoreboard because they will come back. Port had some chances to put the foot right on the throat and didn't capitalise and let them back into it.

The change for White is going to be critical. Will it be Newman? I would like to think so. We will need some composure and experience in this one and I think Newy has it in spades even though he has never played in a final before. The other tough one is on Ricky Petterd. I really like his toughness and I think Carlton will try and hit us with their more physical players. Robinson & Bell were good last time we played em. We'll need players willing to grind out a game if they shut down our uncontested game. I have a feeling Mick is going to try and turn this one into a scrap.

In Dimma's Dissection after the Carlton game he recognised that having White, Newman, King and S.Edwards all out really meant we were under the pump in regards to putting on adequate forward pressure. He said that they were our best exponents of forward pressure so having them all out was an area of concern before the game started. We had our 3rd worst performance of the year in terms of forward half pressure, so with 3 and maybe 4 of those players to be included from last time's team means we can really turn that part of our game around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back