Game Day Elimination Final: Sydney Swans vs GWS @3:20PM UT Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All our forwards that failed to score a goal but behinds cost us.
Forwards need to score goals at a minimum 50%.
Too many with behinds & no goals.
Hayward 2 behinds.
McLean, Wicks, Bell, Parker, Hickey, Rowy, Florent,
Give them all extra shots after the game & 5 of the 7 kick goals.
Not good enough but all done now. No guarantee we make finals again next year with that line up out there with players aging & others moving.

Don Pyke can sing the Giants' team song while they do it!

Yeah he would have played better than that.
I suppose a few people here have a higher opinion of Reid than I do. 2 players including McLean, ahead of him imo.

I view him as a 500+k money pit. That had a handful of decent finals over his career, but took crucial funds away from our list…. Then when he did get there, he would get injured.

Free kick, 50m penalty 1 missed easy goal and an oob on the full. Find one other player with that resume.
Add 5 tackles to his resume, if you're going to hyper-fixate on the negatives, at least recognise his contributions elsewhere.

Warner, JMac, and Wicks all with similarly quiet games.

He wasn't good, but it's stupid to say he cost us the match, when he was one of maybe bbn half a dozen that missed easy shots throughout the game.

Just the lack of footy decision making to take advantage of inside 50 superiority early in the game then not working hard enough through the middle stages and then finally wasting opportunity late. Yes it was a season where we have done well winning 15 games and finishing top 6 but I am not one that seen us finishing bottom 4 either. The season has once again been thrown all over the place by this sh*t situation so i sure hop this is not a false indication of where we are at. You can't help but think this was a wasted opportunity and we do need to get over a sizeable hump to go to the next level. Several things I won't go into right now but one being turning up our toes and losing games to sh*t sides that cost us dearly when it counts. The spirit is there but we need to find a way around some weaknesses to be the side our promise shows. As much as we would like to think we have good depth a couple of key areas need to be bolstered because there a couple of guys that you would not think are in a premiership side currently playing.
Agreed. Went from bottom 4 to 6th and I still feel we underachieved. Prelim wasn't beyond us but we've also been playing away for over 2 months. Still crying out for another solid KPD at least but our young talent is super.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add 5 tackles to his resume, if you're going to hyper-fixate on the negatives, at least recognise his contributions elsewhere.

Warner, JMac, and Wicks all with similarly quiet games.

He wasn't good, but it's stupid to say he cost us the match, when he was one of maybe bbn half a dozen that missed easy shots throughout the game.
One of those tackles was after he stood still in the middle of the ground, froze, let the GWS player get the ball and limp arm tackled him.

But no, Bell didn't lose us the game. Our bottom 6 players were worse than their bottom 6 for sure. And their overall composure particularly going inside 50 was much, much better

Funny how all the Reid haters are quiet on McLean's game

I didn't think McLean was bad. His first quarter was ordinary, but also not at all helped by terrible inside 50s. Every kick was to the Giants' advantage and while McLean could have done better to make it a 50-50 it wasn't all on him.

After that, he lifted and competed well. While the big contested marks weren't really there, he turned a lot of contests into 70-30, 80-20 balls with some smart positioning and taps.

I'm still not sold on McLean but I reckon he'll learn a ton from that.

One of those tackles was after he stood still in the middle of the ground, froze, let the GWS player get the ball and limp arm tackled him.

But no, Bell didn't lose us the game. Our bottom 6 players were worse than their bottom 6 for sure. And their overall composure particularly going inside 50 was much, much better
Agreed. But, Bell is not AFL standard. Today showed us, a bit about who will stand up and who won’t under final pressure.

Lmao at people blaming bell. Campbell would have made fu** all difference
yeah you are right, the poor bugger would be so down on himself, doesn't need all us supporters giving it to him myself included, kicked a crucial goal early and did a mad gang tackle with buddy. what an amazing season from the pleasant excitement first few games of the season unveiling an awesome new game style and young guns to the team (won't forget easter this year in a hurry) then lifting through the whole covid on the road adversity and making finals when most wrote us off before the season started. absolutely gutted right now and have just stopped shaking but so proud of the team, there are only positives from this season. my initial thought going into the finals was GWS were the only team I feared going up against and there it is. can't wait for next year!

I can see if you go regularly you would feel more for players in a way

They look *en heartbroken

Where as normally I already turned the tv off and stormed off so don’t see it

I can see if you go regularly you would feel more for players in a way

They look fu**en heartbroken

Where as normally I already turned the tv off and stormed off so don’t see it
I threw my phone, tv remotes, kicked the couch then sulked with my head in my hands for like 30 seconds after the siren went

Would have hated being there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back