M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
IMO if it ends up being Tigers we will be bundled straight out, they play the perfect brand of footy that consistently beats us ie. chaos, quick spread footy.

Outs- Jarryd Lyons, Noah Answerth.

Ins- Dev Robertson, James Madden.

Would be tempted to bring Wilmot in for a debut but a big final might be a bit much.

Bit worried about how Linc’s travelling tbh.
Yer, I was tempted to have him as an out for this game for Lohmann, Linc has been ordinary for a large chunks of the season. On another note I am heartedly sick of Joe flopping all over the place staging for free kicks + his flying for unrealistic marks and then looking stunned when he is penalised.

Yer, I was tempted to have him as an out for this game for Lohmann, Linc has been ordinary for a large chunks of the season. On another note I am heartedly sick of Joe flopping all over the place staging for free kicks + his flying for unrealistic marks and then looking stunned when he is penalised.

The frustrating thing about Joe is despite everything you mentioned, he continuously looks far and away our most dangerous KPF most weeks. Was really the only forward last night that I noticed was playing.

I'd like to think he gets off because I don't think there was anything malicious or incorrect in his technique but I'm bracing for Cam to be given a week. I'd be making wholesale changes after a performance like that but we probably won't. Forced change for Cam will probably be it and the spot will probably just go to Robbo.

All the more frustrating because since that dive that got all the media attention he doesn't even get paid many of the legitimate ones so I don't know why he bothers. They umps are not gonna pay them.

It’s alright everyone! Fagan has it under control. He will drop Payne and replace him with Adams. That will solve all our backline problems.
People Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Harris Andrews and Darcy Gardiner were flat out embarrassing last night, but they should be fine because under Fagan, if you are a ‘pet’, you are never really accountable for your on field performances. McStay will be selected for no apparent reason, Answerth is a walk up start for another game, Lyons will play again and Rich will give another stellar impersonation of a man making bad decisions and conceding goals while running on the spot.

Tigers to win by 40+ points, absolutely inevitable.

In terms of changes. No point changing much now, may as well run this set up into the ground - then look to revitalise things in the off-season.

All the more frustrating because since that dive that got all the media attention he doesn't even get paid many of the legitimate ones so I don't know why he bothers. They umps are not gonna pay them.
Funny thing is he flops when he's got a meter on his oppo and could actually take a mark infront of his eyes. Then he stages for a free.....doesn't get it, looks all surprised and hard done by, then gets that idiotic grin on his face when the oppo tells him all about it.

We could have had Ben Brown, Chol, Casboult......and many more.......and we chose Joe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is he flops when he's got a meter on his oppo and could actually take a mark infront of his eyes. Then he stages for a free.....doesn't get it, looks all surprised and hard done by, then gets that idiotic grin on his face when the oppo tells him all about it.

We could have had Ben Brown, Chol, Casboult......and many more.......and we chose Joe

I'd take him ahead of all those players. He just needs to get playing for frees out of his game. He's still averaging more than 2 goals a game and more than all those players.

I assume Rayner will likely go for a week so I'd go Lohman.

If Berry doesn't get up Ah Chee is a straight swap. If Berry does get up I still think Ah Chee should come in, its just harder to pick an out.

I assume we will drop Payne for Adams as well. I dont agree with this change but pretty clear who the coaches prefer

I can't see any other changes at this time of the year. The time for changes was 2 months ago but our coaching group were too stubborn to do something

I can't see any other changes at this time of the year. The time for changes was 2 months ago but our coaching group were too stubborn to do something
There was no reason to make changes mate. Didn’t you hear? We were winning all the key stats. You know except the main one - the scoreboard every second week.

If not for the Rayner/Berry problems
it be AhChee for Prior
Adams for Payne

Honestly my main OUT is DUMP KICK TO PACK IN FORWARD 50..
When you have no one who can take a pack mark or bring the ball to ground why do you do it over and over

Is it too late in the season to make a statement now with some of the guys?
You know there is a chance we beat whoever in the Elimination.
Then fold the week after.
Every year 2-3 clubs drop out of the 8. Last year Port, GWS and Bombers
Next year pretty sure it be us..
Unless Fagan stops playing guys who living of yesterdays games not current form.
instead of trying guys who could be the future.

At least we will have the chance of resurrection against Richmond or the Dogs. Silver lining, shouldn’t have to play Dees for a bit as they hit their good form again last night.
so many teams over the years seem to hit their good form against us
Tigers last year and this.
Demons twice this year.
The whole these teams kicked a lot better then you think they would
Maybe just us folding under any pressure and run which is the problem.
Teams work out it just a training night and we are just witches hats

Tigers to win by 40+ points, absolutely inevitable.

In terms of changes. No point changing much now, may as well run this set up into the ground - then look to revitalise things in the off-season.
I was actually thinking similar, a flogging like last night in the EF might trigger a deeper more serious analysis of how we are in the majority of games against the better sides we get caught out in the same fashion.

The first game I recall noticing the problem since we have been a top 4 side was a game at Metricon a couple of years ago against the Tigers where we continually got shown up on the spread from contests and too many of our players were sucked into the contest leaving free Tigers on the outside.

I was actually thinking similar, a flogging like last night in the EF might trigger a deeper more serious analysis of how we are in the majority of games against the better sides we get caught out in the same fashion.

The first game I recall noticing the problem since we have been a top 4 side was a game at Metricon a couple of years ago against the Tigers where we continually got shown up on the spread from contests and too many of our players were sucked into the contest leaving free Tigers on the outside.

I can't take that Metricon seriously as a marker for anything - had a zillion players out and it was a Tuesday night covid game when we had 4-5 days break and the tigers had a full week.

The real ominous one was the Geelong prelim, constantly bullied in the middle and pushed into the contest leading to easy contested ball outside. Same issues have arisen since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back