Preview Elimination Final vs Richmond Tigers @ the Gabba, Thu Sep 1 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the team we've named except that Ah Chee offers far more than half a dozen guys in there and can only presume it's a fitness/preparation issue.

Even with Lyons out we're still a bit slow but you'd have to think it's do or die time for us and expecting a full on effort.

Think Grimes is a disability at his stage of his career
I think this has been evident for a while. Sometimes he just falls over without warning. Is appears to be degenerative.

It's like Yahtzee when you've rolled a full house but need 5 of a kind, so you put all the dice back in for a final roll. I love it! I'm excited about the game now, win or lose.

you will not make irrelevant comments about the rules and tactics of a dice game when it does not detract from the point and you know what they mean
you will not make irrelevant comments about the rules and tactics of a dice game when it does not detract from the point and you know what they mean

I don't remember which thread but there was some commentary about not being mature despite shall we say no longer qualifying for the typical AFL player age range ... but sometimes a moment comes and you look at something you did or did not do now and realise that it is different from the person you once were and that growth and change has taken place without you perhaps being aware of it.

Relevance? There was a time where I 100% WOULD have made an irrelevant comment about the rules and tactics of a dice game even when it did not detract from the point and I totally knew what they meant!!!!

Ain't life grand! :cool:

Oh yeah and GO LIONS ;)

This kid will do something special tomorrow. He looks the type who can get the crowd going. Can't wait.

Have the same feeling for Lohmann with one more pre-season in 2023.

I was sold when I watched the video of him getting named, kid has some solid belief in himself and everyone else in that room did too. He’s going to give 110%.

I‘ve moved from feeling sick in my stomach about this game and feelings of doom and gloom to having my spirits uplifted by the inclusion of Wilmot tonight.

What a fantastic time for Darcy. His dad passed away a number of years ago His dad was a handy boxer and played some games for the pies and in teams in the northern suburbs.

Watched a bit of Darcy at the Northern knights so super excited to see how he handles himself tomorrow. Made of tough stuff this kid.

What a stage for a debutant - go well young fella.

Dont confuse fans with players. I am certainly not writing off this lions side. It is concerning how overconfident some are on the tigers board (i think its a reflex to the years of mediocrity and coping it every day from oppo supporters). Now we all have to live with this monster.

Yeah the chat on your board is begging for a slap from the footy gods, hopefully they are reading.

I don't mind the team we've named except that Ah Chee offers far more than half a dozen guys in there and can only presume it's a fitness/preparation issue.

Even with Lyons out we're still a bit slow but you'd have to think it's do or die time for us and expecting a full on effort.

That’s what it’ll be. Ah chee playing tomorrow would mean he’s played 2 games in 5 days with not much else for the 4 weeks prior. Bit of a big ask for the guy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be just that "new on paper"
As i said i doubt Mc Stay & Payne will start in the named positions
Payne probably still having nightmares about playing for 5 minutes forward in last years semi
For me the two shocks are:-
Wilmot debut
The other being Lyons. Hope Dev has a better finals game then last year. A bit more experience will help him

Mcstay down back is brilliant.He was drafted as a Back.I hope he's actually played there. Just the fact that he's there would have Lynch second guessing. He knows he'd have Payne covered but hang on what will Mcstay do?

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Payne would not mark Lynch, in the past it has always been Andrews. Payne likely gets Riewoldt, maybe Martin, with Starc on Bolton. I don't think you can have Gardiner on Cumberland after he kicked 5 the last time they played. However a zone type defence means on occasions responsibility is handed over, which was a disaster against Melbourne.

I am not against Payne and McStay switching at times. McStay has a good leap and might be able to help Andrews, and Payne can kick a goal and kick a ball a long way. Anything for a win!

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

I was sold when I watched the video of him getting named, kid has some solid belief in himself and everyone else in that room did too. He’s going to give 110%.
Completely unrelated to his athletic ability I know, but Wilmot always seems to remind me of a early look-a-like version of Dave Gahan, from Depeche Mode (minus the hairstyle & voice of course) :laughv1:

Anyways though, good luck to the fella tomorrow and hopefully he makes his family and friends proud with a great all-round performance for the footy club and help improve our finals record as a result :thumbsu:

felt like lyons drop in output couldnt possibly be attributed to just another year older this season

if hes been playing injured i hope he can return to near his best next year with off season surgery. 2019-2021 jl was a treat to watch as just a no frills inside midfielder who got the job done every week

Just dawned on me tonight how much that Lloyd bloke on the channel 9 programs hates / despises the Lions - take your pick - for the past month on the Footy Classifieds and sunday footy show , he just continuosly lays the boot. Not saying some of his criticism is unwarranted, but he is just always super harsh on us to the point that he thinks we are pathetic . As Fagan said, we've made finals in 4 of the past years and won the second most games in that period behind Cats yet his contempt is astounding when you'd hope these people would be at least impartial. Surprises me the execs let him get away with it

Just dawned on me tonight how much that Lloyd bloke on the channel 9 programs hates / despises the Lions - take your pick - for the past month on the Footy Classifieds and sunday footy show , he just continuosly lays the boot. Not saying some of his criticism is unwarranted, but he is just always super harsh on us to the point that he thinks we are pathetic . As Fagan said, we've made finals in 4 of the past years and won the second most games in that period behind Cats yet his contempt is astounding when you'd hope these people would be at least impartial. Surprises me the execs let him get away with it
havent really noticed this at all

hes one of the most milquetoast presenters across the entirety of football media. still a bit reticent to provide strong opinions unless it concerns essendon

He’s always been anti Brisbane. Must run back to 2001. He is one of the poorest footy experts out there in the media presently.

With no Adams or Ah Chee, any day of the week I’d be picking Lester - if anything just for some experience. This backline will get absolutely torn to shreds by the Tigers forward line.

Hate to be so negative but in Rd 20 we had essentially a full strength side (at least until fort was subbed on). This week we’re exposing Payne, Wilmot, Prior. All way too raw.
Bookies have Richmond tightened right into $1.65 with the teams release.
We had a shocking performance last week and this week the side’s even weaker, so I’m expecting a repeat and not looking forward to this at all.

Robbo and Matho both get extremely under the skin of the tiges. We had both of them in during that game at the Gabba last year where we trounced them, they clearly didn’t like it.

Robbo especially seems to take their entire existence personally and always lifts.
Understandably

After Blues sacked him he wanted to come to Richmond and we met with him but only offered him just a 1 year deal and Brisbane 2 years
he was prepared to accept less money to stay in melbourne and come to Richmond if they matched the years which didnt happen

"FIRST came the silky on-ball stars, then the midfield wrecking ball.
Brisbane capped its wildly successful off-season by signing Mitch Robinson, adamant it can “harness” his aggression next year.

Richmond offered Robinson a one-year contract, but the security of a two-year deal and the chance to get out of the Melbourne bubble ensured Brisbane was his club of choice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back