Preview Elimination Final: West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 05/09/19 @ 8:10 PM AEST

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon we're a sneaky chance here. If Hurls gets up would go with:
Heppell for Dclarke
Hooker for Hartley
Stringer for Begley
Orazio for Hams/Jok

Don't mind the look of this side

FB: Saad Hooker McKenna
HB: Francis Hurley Redman
C: Parish Heppell McGrath
HF: Laverde Smack Brown
FF: Walla Stringer Orazio
R: T-Bell Zerrett Shiel
IC: Ham Langford Gleeson Ambrose

Don't mind the look of this side

FB: Saad Hooker McKenna
HB: Francis Hurley Redman
C: Parish Heppell McGrath
HF: Laverde Smack Brown
FF: Walla Stringer Orazio
R: T-Bell Zerrett Shiel
IC: Ham Langford Gleeson Ambrose

That lineup would be quite the sufficient arsenal to combat the WC challenge.

We are a massive chance.

Get String, Tippa and Smack on somg and firing..backs curtailing Darling and JK to a couple each...mids running and tackling like deranged maniacs..and we’re on.

It’s a simple game. Get the ball and get it down our end anyway you can.

Kill em all.

How do we win?

Midfield Pressure. And lots of it. We must bring the ball to ground at every ******* opportunity. Seriously, the Eagles strength is finding a target inside 50, whilst ensuring the opposition can't spot up a target in their D50.

Against us last time, they took 22 marks inside 50, and conceded 8. Against North, they took 21 marks inside 50, and conceded 13. They won both games convincingly.

Against Hawthorn, they only took 12 marks inside 50, and conceded 13 in their D50. Against Port, they took just 7 marks inside 50, and conceded 12. Against Geelong, they took just 3 marks inside 50, and conceded 16. They were destroyed in these games.

Clarkson has shown us how to beat them. Chris Scott has shown us how to beat them. Ken ******* Hinkley has shown us how to beat them.

Forget learnings. Forget defensive structures and all of this other s**t. Just play old fashioned high-pressure football!

Someone posted that we fielded the second most inexperienced team last week.

Win or lose it is very important that we made it to this point.
Throw everything at them and see where we fall.
The reigning premiers on their home deck coming off a poor performance, there probably isn't a harder task in footy.
I just hope we embrace it and give it everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First born due the day before. Wonder how watching on my phone at the hospital during labour would go down. Frowed apon no doubt 👎I really feel like nothing can stand in my way but probably as misguided as my belief the we got this..
No, watching this final during labour will be just the kind of quirky story that families love to tell their kids over the years. Unless Essendon lose.

The 9 Things article on the AFL site talking about WC excluding Schofield from their back 6 for their last two games and how that has been problematic for Barrass and McGovern. The idea of Ambrose as a defensive forward could be a winner. It would also allow McGovern to pick on someone his own size. Twice in two games he's tried to launch one of ours into the fence, hospitalised Guelfi last time.

The 9 Things article on the AFL site talking about WC excluding Schofield from their back 6 for their last two games and how that has been problematic for Barrass and McGovern. The idea of Ambrose as a defensive forward could be a winner. It would also allow McGovern to pick on someone his own size. Twice in two games he's tried to launch one of ours into the fence, hospitalised Guelfi last time.
We need Ambrose to take Darling as he is our defender fast enough and strong enough to go with him.
Hurley takes Allen
Hooker takes Kennedy.

Other than Devon Smith amd Daniher this migjt be the strongest lineup ww have had this year provided Hurley and Heppell get up for it.

It's hard to see us winning, though last year's game against them over there last year provides a glimmer of hope.

Interesting fact.

We’re the reason (or part of the reason) West Coast have never gone back to back. We beat them in finals in 93 and 95.

In the last game of 2007, Scott Lucas kicked 7 last quarter goals to cost them a home qualifying final. They went out in straight sets.

They’re reigning premiers again and look who they conveniently play. You know what to do Essendon.

First born due the day before. Wonder how watching on my phone at the hospital during labour would go down. Frowed apon no doubt 👎I really feel like nothing can stand in my way but probably as misguided as my belief the we got this..

First child is often late ;)

Good luck to you and your wife/partner, hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back