Preview Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 29/08/2021 @ 3:20 pm

Will we break the drought?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with Gleeson coming in. Has been pretty reliable under Ruttens game plan and was part of the winning team last time we beat them...

No denying we'll miss Hind and his electricity pinging around bamboozling everyone, even him self sometimes.

Poor guy must be crushed... šŸ˜”

Also, in case you missed it in the Herb Thread:

Anyone who is feeling down watch this video.
Then watch it again Sunday 4 minutes and 11 seconds before our game Sunday.

If we lose so be it, but let's try and go into this game with open minds.
Playing with house money to be in this position, let this galvanise the group even more.

So how many of the selected side will be playing in their first final?
7 I think. Laverde (maybe), Ridley, Waterman, Perkins, Wright, Draper, Durham.

I think Guelfi played 2019 but I could be wrong

7 I think. Laverde (maybe), Ridley, Waterman, Perkins, Wright, Draper, Durham.

I think Guelfi played 2019 but I could be wrong
Oh I forgot Cutler

Every time Gleeson's come in he's performed admirably. Stood up in finals footy previously. We won't lose anything defensively with him in for Hind.
Defensively isnt my worry. Its more the lack of drive off half back now.
Dogs can clamp down on Redman now as Gleeson isnt anywhere near the attacking threat Hind is.

Ensuring we again dominate clearance just went from critical, to just about a match defining level of importance

So how many of the selected side will be playing in their first final?
After a bit of research -

Draper, Ridley, Waterman, Perkins, Durham, Wright, Francis, Cutler and Caldwell.

edit - Swap Francis for Guelfi.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who is feeling down watch this video.
Then watch it again Sunday 4 minutes and 11 seconds before our game Sunday.

If we lose so be it, but let's try and go into this game with open minds.
Playing with house money to be in this position, let this galvanise the group even more.
What's that motivational guys name again?

Clarke has not tagged at any point this year.

I love the move of bringing Jye in. Risky and at the pointy end. Sheedy like.
The point is he can tag if needed (and if used against a firing Libba this could also be a Sheedy-esque move). If I recall correctly he put some defensive work into Bont the last time we played.

Caldwell for me is unproven, but the coaching staff know more than I do, so hopefully he has a massive again and I can look back with egg on my face haha

Defensively isnt my worry. Its more the lack of drive off half back now.
Dogs can clamp down on Redman now as Gleeson isnt anywhere near the attacking threat Hind is.

Ensuring we again dominate clearance just went from critical, to just about a match defining level of importance

Cutlerā€™s been providing defensive drive as well, we wonā€™t be totally reliant on Redman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back