Preview Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 29/08/2021 @ 3:20 pm

Will we break the drought?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ahead of myself as i dont think we will win tomorrow

But give me Brisbane even in Brisbane without Mcstay, Hipwood, Birchall, Lester, Rayner and show them Langford, Hind and Tippa
Nah I believe they'll thrash us at the Gabba. I can't remember the last time we played well in Queensland.

I posted something very similar last year during the grand final, and thought it'd be even more relevant tomorrow given we're playing and emotions will be high.

I know that this will come across as sanctimonious, and it probably is.

But to anyone reading this that knows they have issues with anger and/or alcohol, please be sensible tomorrow.

Domestic violence spikes during major sporting events, and 2021 has understandably been tough for many.

Be kind to your loved ones.

This is a free spin for the bombers
i hope they win but on any measurement it has been a successful year
This weekend watching joe miss clutch shots at goal, Fantasia be amazing then look proppy and thinking about saad cope with the defensive demands of Ross Lyon shows footy truly is a weird and wonderful roller coaster ride

This is a free spin for the bombers
i hope they win but on any measurement it has been a successful year
This weekend watching joe miss clutch shots at goal, Fantasia be amazing then look proppy and thinking about saad cope with the defensive demands of Ross Lyon shows footy truly is a weird and wonderful roller coaster ride
Saad will ask for a trade i imagine..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely pissing down on the north west coast. Going to be a slimey slippery game I reckon, not much sun to dry it out today

Last edited:
There’s heavy rain falling on the Northern Tasmanian coast today. The forecast has significantly worsened. The northern most part of greater Launceston at the mouth of the Tamar River is expecting up to 20mm.
As always it’s whether it makes it far enough inland to Launceston and then how much does.

On balance, it seems like there could be quite heavy showers during game time, especially in the first half. But I wouldn’t guarantee it so I don’t think it’s worth adapting the team even if you were open to the idea. Prevailing north-west rainfall often makes it to the northern suburbs before dying out and York Park is just north of the city.

TLDR: Expect rain of some sort. It won’t be torrential but potentially uncomfortable. Still a 1/4 chance of little to no rain during the game but if it does rain it might be a little heavier than first expected. The 2nd half should be drier than the first half.

Really nervous about today.
The upside is they have been putrid the last 3 weeks. The downside is before that they were a consensus premiership fancy behind Melbourne.

The personnel from 3 weeks ago to today (sans Bruce) is essentially the same, including their midfield and they havent had Martin since round 7, so they can win without him. There is every chance their midfield turns it around to some extent. They already did last week and lost by a whisker to a team that just made a prelim.

The wet weather also negates their lack of talls, and takes away one of our strengths in our tall forwards.

We need to be absolutely red-lining it today. Draper needs to be one of the 3 best players on the ground for us to win, and Stringer needs to play like he took his AA snub to heart.

That might not be enough, though but we just have to have a crack.
Here's hoping we break that bloody streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back