Game Day Elimination final: Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erect

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All round midfield domination by Giants. We got smashed at the one thing we are usually great at. Our young players haven't experienced this kind of pressure before so they'll be good for this

Nadzy17

Draftee
Apr 26, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Midfield has got absolutely smoked & as a result field position horrific. 75-30 inside 50’s. Big preseason & trade period ahead

0utsider

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
First decent passing play we’ve had all game and it comes when GWS have completely switched off. They’ve smashed us today, never gave us an inch

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bailey Dale high fives Loyd most work either has done all day

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Suckling has been enormous today, as has Cordy and Wood. Pity our forwards and mids have been so putrid :(

Trugo3013

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
South China Sea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A few ordinary acts doesn’t cancel out their domination in the midfield. Not just our bottom six struggled today. But you’re justifiably angry so I’m not engaging any more than this reply. Here’s hoping Naughts can get to Round 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A few ordinary acts.... Ok then. A lot of their initial dominance came from the umps looking the other way. If I could be bothered and if it mattered it clip it all up, but it doesn't matter any more. How many outstretched arms being held can one person look at anyway? I hope Naughton will be fine too. And I hope GWS get the a right royal shellacking next week by the umps and whoever they play. I'll stop now.

Bailey Dale high fives Loyd most work either has done all day

West & Hayes were players 21 & 22 today, Dale on form would have been in the top 5 from both teams but ends it as player 42. West & Hayes 43 & 44.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Games like this are why Libba will still be a walk up start every week he's fit next year. We had nobody protecting bont, nobody locking down at stoppages and nobody making quick smart decisions with the ball in hand.
Yep no enforcers. Libba is it.

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
There have been a lot of passengers out there but JJ has been atrocious. Bunch of senior players missing in action today.
Really disagree, as the first half he was one of the few prepared to put his head over it.

Scottish Bob

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2015
Brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Hibernian
Pretty putrid, team was wrong. Needed more grunt. Hopefully Naughton comes out unscathed. But to be fair after our crap start we were lucky to be here. Richmond or Brisbane will kill GWS next week though

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
where is the leadership from Hunter? Non existent.

He’s not on his own in that regard, but yes he’s been abject.

GWS have been awesome though. Difficult to say that but they identified our deficiencies (young, lack of hardened leaders, reliant on contested footy and midfield dominance and defensively poor without that etc) and exploited them fully.

Still hope they get smashed next week, but if they play like this they’re a live chance whoever they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back