Game Day Elimination final: Western Bulldogs vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ec3781d71dae35c2b93b2340e9a88291.jpg

Fronk junior junior is ready

Replay of 2016 prelim on Fox Footy this morning, still welled up when Jacko kicked that goal and Jake's cross to Dicko.

I might be setting the bar low, but all I want from this finals series is to end the run of the plastic scum - I can just about handle this being our last win for the year (because we'll obviously be winning the next 5 flags in a row). To compensate, I'm hoping for this win with every fibre of my being. Don't let me down, Doggies, and remember - plastic melts when heat is applied!

All I can think about is how ominously large Bevs testicals must be to even conceive playing West over Dickson. It kept me up all last night too just thinking about them.
It really worries me to be honest. I’m sure Westy will give a reasonable account of himself but Dicko is a proven finals performer. Unless he isn’t fit I don’t understand it. Missing Trengove down back also worries me. They will be kicking it long to their tall forwards all game and they are the most efficient forward line in the whole AFL. They will be a very different team to Round 22. Bevo certainly has big balls but personally I think they were both bad decisions. I hope I’m wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy lost 38.2 per cent of his defensive one-on-ones this season, which was the worst – by a lot – of the top-40 players for contests defended. Wood defended only 38 one-on-ones (the 61st most) and lost 42.1 per cent of those contests. (Source “The Roar”)

This is what worries the s**t out of me!

Cordy getting destroyed today and no Trengove. Plus Dicko would take Shaw out of the game at the other end to some extent as he won’t be able to leave him to run off like he will if he is on West.

My main concern today is how young and relatively inexperienced we are in big games. Richards, Hayes, Lipinski, Young, Smith, English, Naughton, Schache, Dale, and of course young Westy.

If we can weather the storm early however I think our fitness and run can get the job done. I'm not as confident as others seem to be though.

Expecting De Boar to run straight to the Bont and get in his face before the first bounce.

Could get heated quickly.

Need to fight fire with fire like last time we played them - no backwards steps.

Great effort to all those who travelled up. We’re not as numerous as some, but our fans are bloody great.

Can anyone locate the preview thread from the 2016 prelim? Or the game day thread ? I made a post in there I’d like to rehash.

Clay Smith. Never forget.
Shane Biggs.
Tom Boyd.

I’m in a state of chill about today, nothing to lose and looking forward to it. Reminiscing about the look on Adam Simpsons face in the coaching box as the boys waltzed through to kick another in 2016.

What has me confident today is St Bede’s, oddly. I’ve been thinking about Bev’s performance there this week. He seems to have the Mourihno-style total belief in his players which allows them to play at the peak of their capacity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back