Mar 19, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Where did Elizabeth Town use to play at? If they ever had their own oval

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where did Elizabeth Town use to play at? If they ever had their own oval

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Elizabeth Town ran from 1943-1988.
They wore blue and yellow and were nicknamed the Eagles for most of their existence.
The club used five different grounds in their lifetime, three of those were at Elizabeth Town.
In 1986 they combined with Railton and wore red, white and black but were still nicknamed the Eagles, they moved to Railton to play their matches from that point in an effort to keep part of the club alive as that was where most of their players came from.
At the end of 1988 the Elizaberh Town part of the club came to an end and Railton made up a team of their own after that.
Elizabeth Town won four seniors and four reserves premiership titles during their existence, the last was the 1983 Deloraine Football Association title.
My late grandfather played for them in the late 1940s and spoke very fondly of his time with the club.
He told me that it was always hard for the club to have a lot of success as their better players were more iften than not, being poached by the bigger surrounding clubs and those in the NWFU.
I wish I could've asked him where exactly their grounds were in Elizabeth Town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back