Player Watch #12 Ella Heads

Remove this Banner Ad

Ella Heads

Recruited from: Inner West Magpies
Height: 175cm
DOB: 24/6/03
Position: Midfielder
Ella-Heads2.jpg
Ella Heads joins the Sydney Swans from the Inner West Magpies. A natural talent, Heads earned a spot on the Sydney East Academy in 2019 and maintained her selection in 2020.
Heads enjoyed a strong 2020 season at the Magpies, by claiming the Under 18s Best and Fairest.
The 18-year-old joins the red and white having already spent some time with the QBE Sydney Swans Academy, which she credits for best preparing her to play professional AFL.
“I’m incredibly excited to join the Sydney Swans. They were my Academy team growing up through juniors, and to go back to my home club and pull on the guernsey is such an honour,” Heads said.
I was part of the inaugural team for the Under 19s competition in 2021, and also played for the Swans in the Summer Series this year. When the Swans opened up the QBE Sydney Swans Academy last year, I got to experience the rich culture at the club and I am really excited to be joining the red and white.”

Ella-Heads-and-Scott-Gowans.jpg

Last edited:
2022 Week 1 Training
Ella-Heads 2022_06_19.jpg

Ella Heads

Recruited from: Inner West Magpies
Height: 175cm
DOB: 24/6/03
Position: Midfielder
View attachment 1426250
Ella Heads joins the Sydney Swans from the Inner West Magpies. A natural talent, Heads earned a spot on the Sydney East Academy in 2019 and maintained her selection in 2020.
Heads enjoyed a strong 2020 season at the Magpies, by claiming the Under 18s Best and Fairest.
The 18-year-old joins the red and white having already spent some time with the QBE Sydney Swans Academy, which she credits for best preparing her to play professional AFL.
“I’m incredibly excited to join the Sydney Swans. They were my Academy team growing up through juniors, and to go back to my home club and pull on the guernsey is such an honour,” Heads said.
I was part of the inaugural team for the Under 19s competition in 2021, and also played for the Swans in the Summer Series this year. When the Swans opened up the QBE Sydney Swans Academy last year, I got to experience the rich culture at the club and I am really excited to be joining the red and white.”

Ella-Heads-and-Scott-Gowans.jpg

Ella comes from my son's old junior club, the Maggies, as did Paul Bevan. All the best to her.

"We really want to highlight the Bloods culture."

Swans defender Ella Heads spoke to @_sjblack after receiving her round five AFLW Rising Star nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back