Ellinbank FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I was not at that meeting. Think it was 10/5 around that area.

Sorry I was not at that meeting. Think it was 10/5 around that area.

The biggest mistake the league ever made was voting NNG and Cora Lynn into the league. Nothing against those 2 clubs, they have done well to be so strong, but it made the league too big and harder for smaller clubs to compete.

What about Lang Lang and Koo Wee Rup in 2000 or whenever it was Leo?

Do you think that was the right decision for the league?

What's the lowest scoring game anyone has seen in the EDFL. Surely Koo Wee Rup 1.6.12 to Lang Lang 1.3.9 takes the cake.

The biggest mistake the league ever made was voting NNG and Cora Lynn into the league. Nothing against those 2 clubs, they have done well to be so strong, but it made the league too big and harder for smaller clubs to compete.
This post is a real stinker Leo!
Cora Lynn and Nar Nar Goon have been nothing other than outstanding for the league. The leagues reputation prior to them entering was diabolical and a laughing stock around all footy circles. The two clubs have taught others clubs in the EDFL how to be organized and professional and to think 'outside the square' in order to get the best out of themselves. The idea that they should never of been voted into the league is a shocker. Turn it up Leo!

This post is a real stinker Leo!
Cora Lynn and Nar Nar Goon have been nothing other than outstanding for the league. The leagues reputation prior to them entering was diabolical and a laughing stock around all footy circles. The two clubs have taught others clubs in the EDFL how to be organized and professional and to think 'outside the square' in order to get the best out of themselves. The idea that they should never of been voted into the league is a shocker. Turn it up Leo!

Laughing stock by who? Every club in the league was happy with how the league was going. Why care what anyone else thinks?? Now the league is stuffed, clubs on the brink of folding and now we have to split into 2. How is that a good situation? Nothing against NNG and Cora Lynn by one has a seemingly unlisted supply of cash and the other of juniors. I thinks it's a blight in the old west gippy clubs that's were gutless and kicked beacy and Paky out which was yhe start of the end of that league. Then think that when the shoe is on the other foot the smaller clubs needs to suck it up? Can't have it both ways, Garfield was the main instigator in that. How have they thought outside the square? Yeah Cora Lynn have done well off field. What's going done apart from been close to Paky and choke in numerous finals?

Laughing stock by who? Every club in the league was happy with how the league was going. Why care what anyone else thinks?? Now the league is stuffed, clubs on the brink of folding and now we have to split into 2. How is that a good situation? Nothing against NNG and Cora Lynn by one has a seemingly unlisted supply of cash and the other of juniors. I thinks it's a blight in the old west gippy clubs that's were gutless and kicked beacy and Paky out which was yhe start of the end of that league. Then think that when the shoe is on the other foot the smaller clubs needs to suck it up? Can't have it both ways, Garfield was the main instigator in that. How have they thought outside the square? Yeah Cora Lynn have done well off field. What's going done apart from been close to Paky and choke in numerous finals?
Spot on about Garfield knifing beacy and pakky,they hated not having the juniors numbers those 2 had.they didn't even have the guts to do it up front instead had secret meetings with other clubs and then hid behind them.we had 2 perfectly good comps in those days now its all stuffed up everywhere.i can tell you the people at pakky and beacy will never forget how they were treated by Garfield .the best thing about the old ellinbank comp was although the standard wasn't great nearly every club played in a grand final over the last 15 or so years of it.

Grandfinal to be held at Dusties this year I hear. Not sure on other venues but we did not get one which is probably fair enough our ground is still trying to grow through our new drainage. I'm happy with it being held at western park. Only have to stumble a short distance home this year.

Some strange selections. Not sure how Garfield and KWR missed out on hosting finals. Behind Cora Lynn (if the surface is good) these two would be the best grounds in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played at Cora Lynn a couple of weeks ago and the ground was in great condition. I think the Garfield decision is a bit political I don't think the league is very happy with them and Bunyip putting Junior teams in WDJFL also Garfield were very very late in paying their affiliation fees. Not sure on Koo Wee the ground also seemed alright a few weeks ago.

Yes an East and West Division no relegations.

Comes into effect 2014. The East will have 8 clubs while the west have 7. Would be handy if the West were able to find another club to the division.

East will have Lang Lang, Koo Wee Rup, Catani, Cora Lynn, Nar Nar Goon, Garfield and Bunyip.

The West Comprise of Poowong, Nyora, Buln Buln, Ellinbank, Nilma Darnum, Neerim /Neerim Sth, Warragul Industrials, Longwarry.

Both comps should field evenly contested games each week.

Guessing the format for the West will be 21 rounds. Everyone plays everyone else three times with 3 byes each. Quite like the format, should make for an even competition.

Not sure what will happen with interleague though. Will be very hard to find time for 21 rounds, plus interleague. Unless they play games on the interleague round. Think you will find most players choose club over league though.

Yes an East and West Division no relegations.

Comes into effect 2014. The East will have 8 clubs while the west have 7. Would be handy if the West were able to find another club to the division.

East will have Lang Lang, Koo Wee Rup, Catani, Cora Lynn, Nar Nar Goon, Garfield and Bunyip.

The West Comprise of Poowong, Nyora, Buln Buln, Ellinbank, Nilma Darnum, Neerim /Neerim Sth, Warragul Industrials, Longwarry.

Both comps should field evenly contested games each week.
Will most likely be the other way around, kneelo.

West will have Lang Lang, Koo Wee Rup, Catani, Cora Lynn, Nar Nar Goon, Garfield and Bunyip.

The East Poowong, Nyora, Buln Buln, Ellinbank, Nilma Darnum, Neerim /Neerim Sth, Warragul Industrials, Longwarry.

Whose everyones picks for Premiers in both grades and B&Fs??

I'll go Bunyip for Seniors

Dusties for Reserves.

Andy Soumalis b&f for 1's

Matty Cummings for the 2's.

Whose everyones picks for Premiers in both grades and B&Fs??

I'll go Bunyip for Seniors

Dusties for Reserves.

Andy Soumalis b&f for 1's

Matty Cummings for the 2's.

Kneelo, I read on the EDFL facebook page that Nilma Darnum had 14 blokes in Bunyip's forward line on the weekend. Why would a club be so negative for four quarters in playing it's last game for the year?

Surely when they were going with the wind on the wekend they could of at least tried to have a crack.

Don't know i'm not the senior coach. It did work until the last qtr. We were never going to win the game with the team we had in. Over half the team was reserves players 2 of which had already played 3 quarters of the reserves. Injuries over the last month had demolished our list.

Sorry just seen that it was for kneelo, that was my take on it anyway.

Surely you have to amit that the edfls administration needs attention. Thats what I was suggesting.

Anyway, I want to ask around what is goin on with the umpiring and them paying 50m penalties like their nothing. The games I have watched at the goon, 50's have been paid far too often. I just don't remember it being this bad...last weekend I reckon there were 10-15 penalties, all for 'verbal abuse' apparently. Hope it's not like this in the finals. It will cost a team a flag...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back