Injury Elliot out for ....(well a couple of months you'd think)

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs more drama to get to academy award standard. Try harder.
I have milked the melodrama dry. By imagining the worst of every situation, disappointment is an unlikely outcome. There is merit in my gloom.
If Faz and Blair continue their pre-season form then hopefully missing Elliott won't be too drastic.
You optimism is not misguided. Unlike last year, we start the season with a forward line that looks capable of testing the best defences in the competition. What a shame jmac does not indulge the pre-season infatuation for Gault. Moore and Fasolo look capable of playing pivotal roles in kicking goals. Travis Cloke will preferably do his major work outside the 50 meter zone. Blair has looked very solid. And hopefully Howe is not going to spend the season on the sidelines. Elliot will be missed but he can also be replaced.

Surprised no one has mentioned pendles had some form of this earlier in his career....but why let facts get in the way of "the sky is falling" mentality,coz it totally ended pendles career right.

Surprised no one has mentioned pendles had some form of this earlier in his career....but why let facts get in the way of "the sky is falling" mentality,coz it totally ended pendles career right.
Enlighten us with your knowledge of Pendle's struggle with this terminal spinal affliction and his miraculous victory over its crippling influence. Tales of the great leader's superhuman deeds and powers are what we, the masses, feast upon to fuel our fanatacism. The sky was falling, but Pendles filled it with sunshine and reversed its trajectory. I believe ... yes! I truly believe! :):D:rainbow:

Surprised no one mentioned that Pendles' Pars Defect was clearly a much milder version of the ailment and shouldn't be compared to Elliott's ...but why let the reality get in the way of the head up the clacker/sunshine and lollipops crew's pompous preaching.

Enlighten us with your knowledge of Pendle's struggle with this terminal spinal affliction and his miraculous victory over its crippling influence. Tales of the great leader's superhuman deeds and powers are what we, the masses, feast upon to fuel our fanatacism. The sky was falling, but Pendles filled it with sunshine and reversed its trajectory. I believe ... yes! I truly believe! :):D:rainbow:
Enlightening won't help the terminally miserable,and I'm out of patience with all you keyboard warriors always claiming you know better then the club and experts,pay no attention to me,just wanted to get if off my chest....as you were

Surprised no one mentioned that Pendles' Pars Defect was clearly a much milder version of the ailment and shouldn't be compared to Elliott's ...but why let the reality get in the way of the head up the clacker/sunshine and lollipops crew's pompous preaching.
I'd rather have my head up my clacker/sunshine and lollipops then the continuous whineing and bitching about our club and all involved from the same posters that just think they know it all.
I'll leave that to the experts like yourself/kappa and thatsgold.
I think alot of posters need to look up the word......SUPPORTer
We'll,that's my 2cents worth,I know it's not as valuable as YOUR opinion but I think I'll still sleep alright tonight

It doesn't really go away because its the disintegration or even complete loss of little linking bones between vertebrae. It can cause prolapsed disc episodes as the little linking bones create inter vertebrae stability. I should know, I've suffered from pars for some 17 years now. The first half dozen years was characterised by many episodes of prolapsed L3, L4 and S1 discs. And this was during a period of high fitness training and strength training. I would tend to recover quicker after the initial few episodes. But once those bones are gone, it take a while for the body i.e: surrounding muscles, to develop enough to try and counter the effects of losing these little bones.
If Elliot's pars is going to hang around for 17 years, then we may as well sever the cord and cut him adrift now. Without the linking bones of which you speak, the vertebrae must be like the carriages of a train minus the couplings, and without rails to keep them in line. Seventeen years is a long time in anyone's life, let alone an AFL player. Let us pray that Elliot can emulate the power of Pendles to defeat the unbeatable, and laugh contemptuously in the face of affliction. And hopefully only miss 4 or 5 games rather than 6 - 17 yrs in his recovery.

If Elliot's pars is going to hang around for 17 years, then we may as well sever the cord and cut him adrift now. Without the linking bones of which you speak, the vertebrae must be like the carriages of a train minus the couplings, and without rails to keep them in line. Seventeen years is a long time in anyone's life, let alone an AFL player. Let us pray that Elliot can emulate the power of Pendles to defeat the unbeatable, and laugh contemptuously in the face of affliction. And hopefully only miss 4 or 5 games rather than 6 - 17 yrs in his recovery.
Imo Elliott is highly over rated. He's a required player and probably our best small forward but there are so many better ones out there playing for other clubs and plenty that have come and gone from our club.

His might be a different level that I deal with. And his treatment might be far more effective than the path I took to try and compensate for it. I rarely have episodes of pain now, but then again I haven't seen the inside of a gym now for 2 years and dropped a lot of weight as a result of that. And he is also nearly 20 years younger than I was when I first started getting problems from it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fasolo might explode without Elliott there. Even though he is playing well.. Faz is still an enigma to me re. One of the greatest goals I've ever seen and I don't say this lightly was along the boundary when he was about 55-60 metres out in his 5 goal haul agst Essendon. Does anyone recall that goal.. it was unbelievable.

Seems a lot of people didn't even know that Pendles once had such issues. Combine this with the fact that they don't even know the precise nature (let alone implications) of Elliott's issues, then it makes any comparison between the two a bit difficult...for better or worse.

That Elliott's injury has been ongoing and that we are dissecting it like we are would suggest, on the face of it, that his is worse. Beyond that there's no need to steal anyone's sunshine, lollipops, sparkles or glitter just yet. We're losing a good player for a while, no one quite knows how long, and beyond that we know SFA.

We'd be dead before it hit.
True
And no more Collingwood :(

(Interesting question, if the sun switched off (ie went cold etc) how long would the earth survive before everything died out? Should pose this style discussion on the Freeman thread)

Fasolo might explode without Elliott there. Even though he is playing well.. Faz is still an enigma to me re. One of the greatest goals I've ever seen and I don't say this lightly was along the boundary when he was about 55-60 metres out in his 5 goal haul agst Essendon. Does anyone recall that goal.. it was unbelievable.
TradeDraft may have that clip somewhere, I just can't recall it, which is bugging me as to why not

Imo Elliott is highly over rated. He's a required player and probably our best small forward but there are so many better ones out there playing for other clubs and plenty that have come and gone from our club.

Wrong. A fit Elliott would get a game in any club in the competion. He has won us a number of games through his 4 - 5 goal efforts. Go back and look at our first game against MM in 2013. He was the difference and only a kid. If he can get his body right he has the potential to be a very fine player.

Him, faz and Howe playing to potential would be a real threat to any team. Let's hope by mid season they are all fit and all firing.

Enlightening won't help the terminally miserable,and I'm out of patience with all you keyboard warriors always claiming you know better then the club and experts,pay no attention to me,just wanted to get if off my chest....as you were
Please avoid this line. It makes you sound like Baltimore Jack, which is not a good thing.

Nope that was Glandander Fever.
You know that 'earlier in his career' doesn't neccessarily mean 'at the start of his career' right? It is possible to get injured after you've recovered from glandular fever. I would be interested to see if DRIZZT has any link to an article available about this, because I can't for the life of me remember Pendles having any significant back issues.

Just realised that I haven't posted in this thread and want to say, I have no idea about his injury, nor do I have any idea how long he will be out but I do believe he is in the best hands and most likely is receiving treatment on a daily basis.

I just hope that he does play again as he is an exciting player and valuable to the team.

Might explain his form and mood in the last few games of 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back