Analysis Elliot Yeo 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree and I think yes best position is as a defender also

He runs well in straight lines and has an awesome leap but gut running wise he's not elite and may not ever be elite ....he can play forward also at a pinch and be match up headache

He can play short spells on the ball don't see him as a full time midfielder

He's a classic utility and a very very good one

That's it

Rewatched the first half last night and his game so far has been better than i saw live.

Fyfe was under pressure from him and wasnt effective at all.

Fyfe went from bog last week to sfa this week - id like to see yeo on mitchell next time - or priddis on mitchell - or john wilkes booth - or gina rheinheart sitting on him.

Actually i think id just like to see priddis on mitchell full time next time - clarkson exposes him for pace at the g and keeps creating 4 on 3s etc - wont be able to do that if his direct opponent is mitchell.

Fair point mate but Yeo certainly has some advantages over Fyfe
- better disposal by foot
- better conversion in front of the big sticks
- quicker
- better run & carry game

He was certainly better then i initially gave him credit for playing head to head against Fyfe. I think the next time we play the hawks he would be my match up against Sam Mitchell to both try to reduce Mitchell's influence and try to get Yeo into the game. We cant have him going missing against the hawks at the MCG again for the third time in a row

Fair point mate but Yeo certainly has some advantages over Fyfe
- better disposal by foot
- better conversion in front of the big sticks
- quicker
- better run & carry game
Disposal and run and carry debatable IMO. Yeo's disposal can be pretty shit

People r still making comparisons to Fyfe? Embarrassing yourselves. Two only have height in common. Hardly enough for a comparison. Yeo will also never have body of Fyfe. Terms of weight and muscle gain, Fyfe is an exception.

Not to mention Fyfe is 5x better player. Constant comparisons make us laughing stocks.

Say it again?

Want to see him line up on Martin Friday night.

Times like this make me miss Scooter. He would have locked Dusty down awesomely

d454a-hyde-laughing-o.gif

He got the tagging role most weeks, until he did his ankle then he went to shit.
thought 2012 was the year woosha let him of the chain to go win his own ball. As i can recall he was winning bulk possessions in 2012/13 (before his injury) and looking somewhat dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

keen for a bit of this on friday. 3 rounds so far and no eagle has had a mark or goal of the year contender so far.

Has a long way to go to become an effective mid. Drifts in and out of games too often.

+1 for having him run with the best mids in the comp and go head to head in an offensive battle.

If he has to go forward or back my preference is forward because his overhead marking is a feature and he has explosive pace to put opposition backmen under pressure. This is one goal that springs to mind:

+1 for having him run with the best mids in the comp and go head to head in an offensive battle.

If he has to go forward or back my preference is forward because his overhead marking is a feature and he has explosive pace to put opposition backmen under pressure. This is one goal that springs to mind:

Yeo copies his running style from this guy:

the-terminator-is-real-and-hides-in-russia-posing-as-a-cop-video_1.gif

Has a long way to go to become an effective mid. Drifts in and out of games too often.

Doesn't have the gut running capacity is my take on that

You either have it or you don't ....he doesn't. Burst Peoria on the ball by all means but not as a full time mid ....nup

That's no criticism of him either it's just genetics and his base

He's not really a natural accumulator of the ball, not sure if we ever see him average 25+ possies. Can excel as a mid who hits the scoreboard I think though. Would like to see him float forward from middle and take more marks in the forward 50. He also hasn't been that effective resting forward this year, 1 goal in 3 games isn't enough for him IMO.

He's not really a natural accumulator of the ball, not sure if we ever see him average 25+ possies. Can excel as a mid who hits the scoreboard I think though. Would like to see him float forward from middle and take more marks in the forward 50. He also hasn't been that effective resting forward this year, 1 goal in 3 games isn't enough for him IMO.

He's a really good defender

And yes we have quite a few of those but there nothing wrong with being a defender and sometimes pinch hit forward or run with role.

Doesn't need to be accumilator tho. we got a fair few in the sqaud. When yeo gets 18-25 disposals, it means he generally had a good game and made an impact. I still think we improve his tank and have him as a fwd/mid. His the type that can cause havok or change the momentum of the game when pinch hit through the middle.

Doesn't need to be accumilator tho. we got a fair few in the sqaud. When yeo gets 18-25 disposals, it means he generally had a good game and made an impact. I still think we improve his tank and have him as a fwd/mid. His the type that can cause havok or change the momentum of the game when pinch hit through the middle.

Yeh agreed, he will get there I think. Simmo is giving him every chance this year