Toast Elliot Yeo appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He is 2 years younger than fyfe, so the poor man comment is a bit off, and as an Eagles fan lets keep this thread positive eh..
There is a distinct difference between being positive and being fantastical...
Yeo is a very good player and by now means do i think is at this peak, but currently Fyfe is in Gary Ablett best player to ever live form.

He is 2 years younger than fyfe, so the poor man comment is a bit off, and as an Eagles fan lets keep this thread positive eh..
It was a positive comment

Poor man's is a lower level Fyfe

To be used in same sentence as Fyfe is a positive comment

That's it. 2 years ago everyone was talking about Swan's numbers, Pendleburys swervability and composure and how Ablett was becoming better than his old man and the GOAT.

Fyfe was a long way down the list two years ago.
Now he's number 1. Swan averages 22 not 42 touches, Pendlebury has been ok and Ablett is nowhere to be seen.

I think this one in particular is underselling the player a bit. Pendles has still been absolute A Grade. Possibly the best in the league in GAJ absence.

I think this one in particular is underselling the player a bit. Pendles has still been absolute A Grade. Possibly the best in the league in GAJ absence.
Sorry should have put it like this
ok (for Pendlebury)

He's been pretty good and carried his team to a top 4 position but I think he's found it a bit harder with Beams gone.
Hasn't been as good a he was 2 years ago IMO.

i think yeos brother is a fraction shorter 186-188 but a bit heavy then Elliot, played as a back/tagger last year and at times earlier this year. Now a genuine midfielder who so knows, maybe?? anyone else no anything about him? might be nice to have a quinella of brothers Haven't since the materas and that was a good era!

He's a poor man's Fyfe

Don't think he will be ball magnet like Fyfe though

Would love to see Yeo play a full game as a forward and give lecca a compete game in the midfield every now and then

Fyfe is slower, can't break the lines like Yeo and is a poor kick by comparison. Yeo is still learning the game at the higest level and is a long way from matching something resembling Fyfe. But there are some inherit abilities that Yeo has that Fyfe never will.

i think yeos brother is a fraction shorter 186-188 but a bit heavy then Elliot, played as a back/tagger last year and at times earlier this year. Now a genuine midfielder who so knows, maybe?? anyone else no anything about him? might be nice to have a quinella of brothers Haven't since the materas and that was a good era!

Adam and Scott Selwood dislike this post.

Also had Chad and Brett Jones for a bit as well Andrew embley and his brother Michael

Sent from my GT-S6500T using Tapatalk 2

Elliot Yeo plays a lot like a younger version of Jimmy Bartel. That tall utility who's strong overhead, can play forward, midfield and in defense all to good effect. In not sure if he's a 'lock' for All-Australian at this stage, but I wouldn't mind seeing him making this years team. One of the many good reasons as to why the Eagles are second on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.jpg

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,

Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings,

Oh, the wind beneath my wings.
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings.
Fly, fly, fly away. You let me fly so high.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings.

Fly, fly, fly high against the sky,
so high I almost touch the sky.
Thank you, thank you,
thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings.

Watching Yeo this season I'm not sure he'll ever be someone who racks up huge possession numbers on a regular basis like Fyfe - more a utility who rotates through a few different positions and offers explosive bursts with plenty of marks and goals. Still developing and will only get better.

Watching Yeo this season I'm not sure he'll ever be someone who racks up huge possession numbers on a regular basis like Fyfe - more a utility who rotates through a few different positions and offers explosive bursts with plenty of marks and goals. Still developing and will only get better.

He is generating impact from disposal counts in the high 20s.
Often that was what Judd was known for. And nobody complained about his disposal count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back