Toast Elliot Yeo appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a more versatile player in the AFL right now?

Luke Hodge & Jarryd Roughead come to mind for me. Influential in a variety of positions and roles. Goddard as well can play fwd/mid/back. Your elite versatiles are your good in 3 spots types and can lockdown or be offensive in each of them. I think Yeo is one of those.

Versatility is so key now. Players like Stephen Hill who has improved can now get some good touches from half back and come into the game again. I think these big bodied midfielders when there super skilled and fit-Fyfe, Bontempelli etc are damn handy. This is why Simpson is great he embraces the multiple roles/positions.

Named in the 22 Under 22 tonight, good effort. Some pretty good names in this team -
22under22_2015_team_final-02.png

Love Yeo as a player. Got the silk factor alright.
Really hope if your defence is healthy next year he becomes a pure midfielder that rests fwd.
Is that the plan fellas??

I think so

Why does it say 'under 22' when there are clearly players 22 years old in that team like Parker?

I think they are still eligible if they are 22 or under by end of the season

Well then why didn't they hashtag #stilleligibleiftheyare22orunderbyendoftheseason ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo becoming one of my fav's this year. If and when you get your backman back next year where do you see Yeo playing?
Mid/Fwd? Similar role to Fyfe?
ps. Good luck this weekend hope you go all the way

yeh he already plays there. When Gov or Schoey gets injured he has to play back though.

Yeo becoming one of my fav's this year. If and when you get your backman back next year where do you see Yeo playing?
Mid/Fwd? Similar role to Fyfe?
ps. Good luck this weekend hope you go all the way

Mid/forward is the best position for him. He's kicked 17 goals this year, and he's spent half of it in the backline sticky taping it together.

He's had next to no consistency in his role in 2015, when this changes he's going to be a powerful player.

Mid/forward is the best position for him. He's kicked 17 goals this year, and he's spent half of it in the backline sticky taping it together.

He's had next to no consistency in his role in 2015, when this changes he's going to be a powerful player.

Wow. Never realised he kicked so many goals despite playing so much time down back.

Set for a big 2016 if he plays 100% of the time in the midfield/forward.

When eMac and brown come back

Elliot yeo won't okay defense again

Then watch out

It would be bloody hard to tag Yeo especially is your a spud like Gibson.
Agreed.

Yeo to take his minder forward and punish him in any case, Yeo is untaggable through sheet explosiveness and marking ability, just needs to make sure he starts 10m away from every stoppage and powers toward the ball drop at full speed

I think with about five more kilos and a bigger tank he'll be an absolute star.
Inside mid who rests forward as a marking target and can push back to stem the flow as a loose defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back