All Australian
Oct 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Yeo's tackle is at 2.47

Darlings contact starts at 5.05

Thoughts ?

( I didn't make this purely because we play West Coast next week)

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Neither are suspensions in my mind. Just football occurrences. That said, if NN got a week I'm thinking Yeo should.

yogibbear

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Both gone for 8 weeks because Christian is a dickhead and we're playing Richmond.

In reality neither should even be cited.

But who even cares what the rules are now.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Completely different.

Shiel had both arms free, Yeo landed on his knees then rolled away, won a free kick.

It's not about what Yeo (or NN) did sometimes. It's about what happened to their opponent.

Two Richmond posters in the first two comments, when we play them next week?

Not a pisstake just footy supporters being flogs.
Oh FFS. My first post said I don't think there's anything in there. Go check the NN thread and you'll find I didn't want him suspended either.

Perfectly normal tackle that Yeo was rewarded for.

This is my point - the NN tackle (IMHO) was perfectly normal too. It was a comment on the lottery that is the MRO.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Why does WC keep trying to break the necks of their opponents? Very ordinary indeed...

So which one are you?
images

images

When will Port supporters stop grinding the axe with everything West Coast. Its getting pretty pathetic. :cool:

As is this thread. OP being a Tigers supporter says it all, even though he claims that isn't the reason. It's like starting with "Im not trolling but........":huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
It's not about what Yeo (or NN) did sometimes. It's about what happened to their opponent.

Oh FFS. My first post said I don't think there's anything in there. Go check the NN thread and you'll find I didn't want him suspended either.

This is my point - the NN tackle (IMHO) was perfectly normal too. It was a comment on the lottery that is the MRO.
The complaint levelled against NN, is different to the Yeo situation. Both arms free, Yeo fell to his knees, so did't drive him in to the turf and rolled away, so no in the back. Showed he tried to exercise any duty of care.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
The complaint levelled against NN, is different to the Yeo situation. Both arms free, Yeo fell to his knees, so did't drive him in to the turf and rolled away, so no in the back. Showed he tried to exercise any duty of care.
That may be the case, but what will the MRO think? Did he exercise enough DoC? Just to be clear, we are in agreeance here. I'm commenting on the lottery that is the tribunal.

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
That may be the case, but what will the MRO think? Did he exercise enough DoC? Just to be clear, we are in agreeance here. I'm commenting on the lottery that is the tribunal.
Yes, he definitely did. The commentators even noted it at the time. Compare also, in the back aganst NN, HTB against Shiel.

Dropped onto both knees, not drove through Shiel and rolled away from the tackle. If he is charged, it would be an easy challenge.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So which one are you?
images

images

When will Port supporters stop grinding the axe with everything West Coast. Its getting pretty pathetic. :cool:

As is this thread. OP being a Tigers supporter says it all, even though he claims that isn't the reason. It's like starting with "Im not trolling but........":huh:
I've personally never had a go at WC, I'm just concerned about some of your tackles in recent times.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, he definitely did. The commentators even noted it at the time. Compare also, in the back aganst NN, HTB against Shiel.

Dropped onto both knees, not drove through Shiel and rolled away from the tackle. If he is charged, it would be an easy challenge.
And did you think that last week re: DoC?

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
And did you think that last week re: DoC?
I think it was wrong, but all the weasely and incorrect ways that Christian tried to pin NN in the media don't apply. Yeo dropped to his knees, released Shiel and rolled away. Shiel had both arms free.

He didn't drive forward like NN, hold onto him, land partly in his back, or have an arm pinned.

So, duty of care, intent and adherence to the rules are all covered. What Christian and the AFL have to decide, is do they throw it to the tribunal to feign consistency and get absolutely hammered by the media, or do they just quietly let this one pass and if pushed, point out the clear differences. If they do the former though, it will pit Christians against the umpiring department. The AFL will have to back him, but it will come back to hurt Christians (or the AFL) down the line, as people will say, look an experienced umpire rewarded a clearly ok tackle. If the AFL now wants to over adjudicate tackling, why wasn't a directive made. Smacks of PR/arse covering etc.

Last edited:
Back