Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Not really overly comparable players...

Not many midfielders with similar attributes to Yeo. A Fyfe V Yeo poll would be a waste of time.

Reckon this will be pretty close though, Brandon Ellis is in ripping form.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
I think we were linked to Ellis in his draft year but Richmond took him and there was some talk about Yeo wanting to come to Freo, but Eagles offered a better pick - can't confirm that of course. Anyway, linked to both and would love both.
Yeo seems a bit more versatile around the ground (tall, great in the air etc) but Ellis' impact in the midfield (from what I've seen) has been very good. I think Ellis has shown more to date, but Yeo could be anything really. Eagles did an excellent job getting him pretty cheap.
Being a WA boy and based on potential, I would probably take Yeo but I think Ellis has shown more so far.

Chose Yeo for what it's worth, but both clubs would be happy with who they have.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not many midfielders with similar attributes to Yeo. A Fyfe V Yeo poll would be a waste of time.

Reckon this will be pretty close though, Brandon Ellis is in ripping form.
Jack Martin might end up a similar player if/when he puts on the size to compete in the midfield.

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't split the two. Yeo looks the goods but will have to cop more attention soon. For example, Fyfe is never allowed to jump at the ball anymore. Nearly every player in the opposition is alert to that fact. Yeo still gets luxuries of lesser attention but he won't for much longer as soon enough all teams will realise he is a bloody good player. It will be interesting to see how Yeo deals with this and this will determine if he ends up being better than Ellis. Ellis is far more predictable in terms of output, he will run super hard all day, get 25 to 30 touches and hit targets. He does need to improve his ball winning ability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Ellis will be underrated in this thread and Yeo overrated on potential.

Completely different players so depends on what you are after. As a gut runner...Ellis is one of the best in the comp.

DraftGuru_

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd take Yeo. He has that X-factor and he is in that Fyfe mould. Nothing against Ellis, but he is a more regular midfielder.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Both seemed to have stalled massively, almost to whipping boy status.

Yeo still shows those flashes of brilliance and dominant patches but is incredibly inconsistent, even on a quarter by quarter basis. Ellis seems like just another outside player picking up junk disposals.

Both need massive years.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Ellis had his worst year in 2016. Before that he was actually a pretty good player, making the AA 40 man squad and the AFL 22 under 22 squad. Im not exactly sure where his true value is.

Yeo has always impressed me with his potential, great hands and x factor, but he seems to go missing a lot too.

Either one of these guys could step up to better things, or they could stall and just be solid players without reaching any great heights again.

Stan Van Gundy

All Australian
Jun 9, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Yeo. Had a down year last year but is still a more dangerous player than Ellis, who gets a lot of ball but seems to butcher it a fair bit.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo could go back into defence and still be a valuable contributor that could also do some damage offensively. I lot eagles fans want Yeo moved Back intodefence but i think they should at least try him in the middle/wing for atleast this season. Under Mitchell he could actually start playing smarter. He has the talent and skill set of all elite mids today but lacks the brains.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Not gonna get a head of my self but yesterday yeo reminded everyone he has the the potential to be a very good footballer. His challenge now is to find consistency and not have much seperation between hsi best and his worst. Also needs become a smarter footballer and that will be tough.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
confidence is a massive thing. Used to think this bloke was a hack kick but is nailing target from both sides of his body so far this season. Also looks extra evasive this season and has got out of so many situations where he looks to be crunched in the tackle but in a split second finds space from his opponent. Just needs to continue this form.

Back