Toast Elliot Yeo

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
I've actually been really happy with Yeo's disposal by foot this year. 90% of the time he has been pin pointing passes or going long down the line to legitimate contests. It's only about once a game (or occassionally twice) where he fails to properly execute by foot. I think this has been a significant improvement on past years.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's been said before by several posters that Yeo is great when the play is in front of him i.e in defence but when he has to make the decisions and work in 360degrees, he is rubbish. I don't understand why anyone could want to move him from half back when he had an absolute nothing year last year playing Mid/Fwd but then was rated by the coaches this year as the best player in the competition early on when he was playing as a pure HBF but then once moved back to that Mid/Fwd position he dropped out of calculations completely. It will be very interesting to see where he is sitting in the Brownlow in that first half of the season compared to where he finishes up.

#leavehimthere

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I've actually been really happy with Yeo's disposal by foot this year. 90% of the time he has been pin pointing passes or going long down the line to legitimate contests. It's only about once a game (or occassionally twice) where he fails to properly execute by foot. I think this has been a significant improvement on past years.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
His disposal has been good it's just those exciting runs he goes on, the adrenalin must mess up his decision making because he'll go long to a 2 on 1 or to the loose man or something, his disposal down the back half has been brilliant, especially on his left, he looks very confident.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
One thing we don't use Yeo enough is as a spitta tbh. has the speed but has the size and strength to hit a contest and break it open.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
think his tank this year has vastly improved. His been putting 4 quarter efforts unlike previous years. If you average 25 possesions a game as a wingmen/half back, you would have a very strong tank tbh. yes i know its around 23 but before he was thrown back, yeo was averaging close to 25 possessions a game.
But he is pretty low on endurance!!!

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
think his tank this year has vastly improved. His been putting 4 quarter efforts unlike previous years. If you average 25 possesions a game as a wingmen/half back, you would have a very strong tank tbh. yes i know its around 23 but before he was thrown back, yeo was averaging close to 25 possessions a game.
Yeo v Sheppards pipes.

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo is paying $9 for most votes for team brownlow.

I think he would be close for us voting more then Shuey, Mitchell and Gaff.

Kennedy most likely to take it but what do you think. could Yeo poll the best for us. He takes so many marks. got to be pretty noticiable to an ump.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
they're mostly right .. for once.
Confirmation bias much. There is no evidence or track record that Yeo would not smash it in the midfield, in the same manner he does at half back. No s**t he kills it at half back. He is a gun player. He would excel at any position where you have bulk use of the footy or involvement in 'play'. Because our midfield are crabs in the main, we play a game style which launches mostly from half back. That's where he is. He'd be AA in a midfield position piece of pish!
Do you also have this weeks lotto numbers?

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Yeo is jet.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Yeo is jet.

Someone asked on here the other day whether or not Yeo was captaincy material. He has been taking media duties a lot of late and he confronts the press very well. Yes, I definitely think he could be our next captain - from the outside, quite capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
He's thick as a brick. Doesn't mean he's not a great footballer, but I don't think he has the footy smarts of a Hurn type
I had that impression initially too. I heard hi. On 6PR last night and I must say I was actually very impressed with how he spoke. Answered every question competently with no “ooos” or “ ahhs” and no dumb answers. :thumbsu:

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone asked on here the other day whether or not Yeo was captaincy material. He has been taking media duties a lot of late and he confronts the press very well. Yes, I definitely think he could be our next captain - from the outside, quite capable.

That was the first thought that came to mind after watching his press conference. He is very honest and not over coached for media, makes no apologies for simply hating losing and having that win at all costs mentality. Kinda reminds me of Cuz in that regard.

He has matured and his AA made him realise that he should take this footy caper pretty serious and see how far he can go I reckon.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Would love to see him run with the footy more and break the lines like he used to do.

But as a full time mid now, i can see how he wouldn't have the energy anymore. Same goes for Shuey, he rarely carries the ball these days compared to how he played in 2011-2012.
Yeah it sucks

Need Redden to be the first guy in and under every time

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Is improving each year.

He plays good second halves...kicks goals

From 3 years ago its a huge improvement...he will never be a full time mid but he can be in there for longer now than before ...

Id like to see him more at half forward.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Is improving each year.

He plays good second halves...kicks goals

From 3 years ago its a huge improvement...he will never be a full time mid but he can be in there for longer now than before ...

Id like to see him more at half forward.
Played pretty much midfield all year.

Read that that he’s played 73% midfield. Only dusty on that list played more.

His first few games in defence would have delayed those numbers.

Don’t think we will see him in defence anymore.

Was thinking the same thing about his last presser, spoke very well and you could tell he just hates losing, shows in the way he plays.

Honestly never pictured him as captaincy material previously but he's really maturing and that hunger for succeed is infectious, potential Captain IMO.

Last edited:

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Was thinking the same thing about his last presser, spoke very well and you could tell he just hates losing, shows in the way he plays.

Honestly never pictured him as captaincy material previously but he's really maturing and that hunger for succeed is infectious, potential Captain IMO.

Completely agree. I liked how he said that we should have won both of those Sydney games. A healthy arrogance is what you want.

I've met him a few times and seems like quite a decent bloke too.

Could absolutely see him as captain. What a steal.