Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Has gone beast mode over the last few years. Angry Yeo putting the team on his back is just outstanding. Tackles better than anyone.

Always good for a clutch goal if needed, one of his most underrated traits. Eight goals in our last eight games. Eight in our final 11 games (including a big one in the GF) to finish 2018.

Back to back Worsfold medals. Pick 28 was a ******* steal. Long live Elliot Yeo.
Kinda have a feeling he might pip boots this year for it again.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Not a bad shout
Particularly the goals he scores, most of them fit the bill of being a 'captains goal'. He rises to the occasion, turns to his team mates and says 'come with me boys'.

Game on the line and Yeo has the ball 60-70m out? You already know what's going to happen there.

YEOLO

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The former Brisbane Lion says he closely considered Fremantle and West Coast in negotiations to continue his career in his home state at the end of 2013.

“Freo were on the scene but they weren’t as strong with their communication as the Eagles were at the time and didn’t seem as interested as much as the Eagles,” Yeo, who grew up a Dockers supporter, said. “I put aside all of being such a strong fan growing up as a kid and it was the best decision for me to play at the Eagles.”

They are the gift that keeps on giving. <3

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The former Brisbane Lion says he closely considered Fremantle and West Coast in negotiations to continue his career in his home state at the end of 2013.

“Freo were on the scene but they weren’t as strong with their communication as the Eagles were at the time and didn’t seem as interested as much as the Eagles,” Yeo, who grew up a Dockers supporter, said. “I put aside all of being such a strong fan growing up as a kid and it was the best decision for me to play at the Eagles.”

It's good to see that Yeo managed to overcome such a poor start to life to find himself where he is today.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
In the last two weeks, Garry Lyon has jumped right on the Yeo bandwagon. Presumably because he doesn't watch WC games but saw us against Melbourne and Yeo kicked that big goal in the last term to get us going. Now he's throwing Yeo into conversations about the Brownlow and best player in the league etc.

Tim Watson stitched him up pretty good when he pointed out that "three weeks ago you didn't even know who he was".

Yeo doesn't run. He gallops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Gotta admit, I didn't think he had the game sense to be a great midfielder. Loves the big rainbow kick to noone in the forward line still, but he has the power, explosiveness and skill to be great regardless.
Impressive that he's just flicked the switch and become a tackling machine through sheer force of will. WC have been rightly accused of playing bruise-free football at times, including this year. But that's not Yeo's jam.

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Gotta admit, I didn't think he had the game sense to be a great midfielder. Loves the big rainbow kick to noone in the forward line still, but he has the power, explosiveness and skill to be great regardless.

Yeah a lot of people questioned his midfield ability. I always thought he had the physical attributes, was just a question of having the smarts to excel like he has. Another thing people forget is how tough it is to focus and concentrate when gassed, so building his tank to midfield levels has also propelled him forward.

How many of our premiership side supported the Dockers? Yeo, McGovern, who else?

This post has aged well

Hasn't it!

Happy to say I was wrong, he's turned into a monster.

At the time though, he didn't have the smarts for midfield, I think Sam Mitchell played a huge role in his development of that.

Fremantle said they couldn't guarantee him a spot in their best 22 :drunk:

Deserves to be in the conversation of most influential mids in the competition especially since unlike many other elite mids he is very good defensively

Is very strong off both sides of the body by foot as well which he gets little credit for