Toast Elliot Yeo

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny looking back at 2017 posts. We were such a different team, and it was the general consensus we were on a downward spiral. Yeo is a HBF not a midfielder (I was one of these), Duggan to midfield, trade Gaff, trade Darling, trade Lycett, Partington is our saviour, Masten is finished, Lecras should retire (also me), Hurn is a pathetic captain etc. What a time to be alive.

In the last two weeks, Garry Lyon has jumped right on the Yeo bandwagon. Presumably because he doesn't watch WC games but saw us against Melbourne and Yeo kicked that big goal in the last term to get us going. Now he's throwing Yeo into conversations about the Brownlow and best player in the league etc.

Tim Watson stitched him up pretty good when he pointed out that "three weeks ago you didn't even know who he was".

Yeo doesn't run. He gallops.
Pretty sure Redden kicked that goal. Please confirm.

It's funny looking back at 2017 posts. We were such a different team, and it was the general consensus we were on a downward spiral. Yeo is a HBF not a midfielder (I was one of these), Duggan to midfield, trade Gaff, trade Darling, trade Lycett, Partington is our saviour, Masten is finished, Lecras should retire (also me), Hurn is a pathetic captain etc. What a time to be alive.

Bolded were my thoughts, and also I wanted to sack Simmo early 2017.

Sheppard to wing
Schofield back

I posted this in 2017:

Elliott Yeo the only player on our list with the physical attributes, but I don't think his ceiling is quite that high. More like a top 20-30 prospect.

Fyfe/Danger/Martin are going to be around a while yet. I could see Heeney being the #1 player in the comp down the track.

Where does Yeo sit right now? Top 10? Top 20? He's a pretty serious player. B2B B&F winner in a good team, tackling machine, clearance machine, kicks goals, takes contested marks...

Where does Yeo sit right now? Top 10? Top 20? He's a pretty serious player. B2B B&F winner in a good team, tackling machine, clearance machine, kicks goals, takes contested marks...

Grain of salt but the AFL rankings has him currently
-Highest ranked Eagle
-15th best player in the comp overall but rising
-10th best mid in the comp but again rising

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grain of salt but the AFL rankings has him currently
-Highest ranked Eagle
-15th best player in the comp overall but rising
-10th best mid in the comp but again rising
He's going against the grain for a modern elite mid. Probably one of the handful of elite mids in the comp that isn't a high possession player.

The former Brisbane Lion says he closely considered Fremantle and West Coast in negotiations to continue his career in his home state at the end of 2013.

“Freo were on the scene but they weren’t as strong with their communication as the Eagles were at the time and didn’t seem as interested as much as the Eagles,” Yeo, who grew up a Dockers supporter, said. “I put aside all of being such a strong fan growing up as a kid and it was the best decision for me to play at the Eagles.”

They are the gift that keeps on giving. <3
Post this on the Freo board

Deserves to be in the conversation of most influential mids in the competition especially since unlike many other elite mids he is very good defensively

Is very strong off both sides of the body by foot as well which he gets little credit for
Worst case scenario for him and Shuey, they can still pump it 50m on the left, it's a great get out of jail free card under pressure.

Some of those ratings don't pass the smell test.

Agreed. 7 out of 10 of the best players in the league play for bottom-8 clubs? Nat Fyfe is currently ranked number 2, behind Max Gawn?

The f*ck are they ranking?

EDIT: "The score awarded to them each time they are in the play is determined by a complex algorithm formulated and refined over a number of years by Champion Data". So worthless, then.

EDIT: "The score awarded to them each time they are in the play is determined by a complex algorithm formulated and refined over a number of years by Champion Data". So worthless, then.

cqjZI9H.png

ZDUAv8g.jpg

W64hmWI.jpg

Xt2KVOZ.jpg

2pY6p9p.jpg

Agreed. 7 out of 10 of the best players in the league play for bottom-8 clubs? Nat Fyfe is currently ranked number 2, behind Max Gawn?

The f*ck are they ranking?

Look at the key forward rankings.

Some of those ratings don't pass the smell test.

Now why did you have to go and say that? It prompted me to look at the rankings other than what they gave Yeo.

Goldstein 8th in the comp. Justin Westhoff a better key forward than Jack Darling.

Tim Kelly is ranked 51st. Lord help us if the Geelong fans find the rankings.

Those rankings are laughably bad. How can they actually stand by that crap? It's an impossible tasktto compare players in different positions, at least group them or something. In fact, it's probably an impossible task full stop.

Those rankings are laughably bad. How can they actually stand by that crap? It's an impossible tasktto compare players in different positions, at least group them or something. In fact, it's probably an impossible task full stop.

Jack Steven's 4 games, and Alex Rances half a game have them at 83 & 84.

Some of the names below them
Cameron
O'Meara
Crouch
Robinson
Rich
Laird
Ziebell
Gaff
Sheed

These are the guys that had Melb at 1 in preseason