Toast Elliot Yeo

Remove this Banner Ad

So Garry Lyon thinks Yeo is the best player in the competition.

At the game yesterday he looked so powerful and dynamic compared to the other mids. Shuey is very slippery and quick too.

You can see Yeo takes great satisfaction in burying blokes into the ground. Sick bastard.
He's not the best - but he's a but like Sandi was.

Ruckment couldn't beat Sandi one on one - but when they weren't playing him - they'd dominate more than Sandi did.

Yeo is probably the best one on midfielder in the comp - but he's not as dominant when on his own

Last edited:

Ruckment couldn't beat Sandi one on one - but when they weren't playing him - they'd dominate more than Sandi did.

Yeo is probably the best one on midfielder in the comp - but he's dominant when on his own
I agree, last i checked he was 15th in the player ratings and rising fast. Where would you have him and who would you have infront of him?

I agree, last i checked he was 15th in the player ratings and rising fast. Where would you have him and who would you have infront of him?

15th is probably right

Ranking is always difficult - because do you look at immediate form? a whole career? Last few years?

For mine Yeo is a level behind the likes of Fyfe/Cripps/Martin/Dangerfield on the whole - however if was to go head to head - i'd back him in every time.

But if it was Yeo v a tagger in a GF or Martin v a tagger in a GF - i'd back Martin to be more influential.

Yeo is at his best head to head. I don't think he naturally hunts/reads the ball as well as others - so when he plays on blokes who do - they actually take him to the ball - and then his physical assets outdoes them.

I would be willing to go out on a limb here and claim that Yeo is the best head to head midfielder in the league atm

He very rarely loses 2 one on one contests in a row, if you manage to get him the first time around, he will be fired up and go in even harder the next time

He is such a competitive beast and I absolutely love it

Playing head to head against the opposition's best midfielder seems to fire him up

15th is probably right

Ranking is always difficult - because do you look at immediate form? a whole career? Last few years?

For mine Yeo is a level behind the likes of Fyfe/Cripps/Martin/Dangerfield on the whole - however if was to go head to head - i'd back him in every time.

But if it was Yeo v a tagger in a GF or Martin v a tagger in a GF - i'd back Martin to be more influential.

Yeo is at his best head to head. I don't think he naturally hunts/reads the ball as well as others - so when he plays on blokes who do - they actually take him to the ball - and then his physical assets outdoes them.
Well said, pretty much my thoughts on him too atm, though i don't think he has reached his peak yet being a few years younger than those guys and relatively new to the midfield.

Being tagged is also new to him so think he will get better at dealing with it.
Definitely the BBIBWBLF!

LOL

What those stats dont tell you is the impact and ferocity of the tackle. Yeo smashes campaigners. There should be an opposition skidmark tally, Yeo would be responsible for 15 a week minimum with a few of those counted as follow-thrus.

15th is probably right

Yep. Yeo head to head has beaten / out performed Martin and now Cripps.

I would say he.is the best balanced mid in the comp as the defensive side of his game some olayers have made careers out of that. Dusty has very little defensive aspects to his game. Cripps does but Yeo won on points yesterday.

Yeo should make the AA team this year. He can be the tagger!;):cool:

The problem is Sheppard, Hurn(captain) and Gov also should make the side but the selectors will not have that many Eagles in it.

At least Franklin wont be in it this year......finally.

Yeo should make the AA team this year. He can be the tagger!;):cool:

The problem is Sheppard, Hurn(captain) and Gov also should make the side but the selectors will not have that many Eagles in it.

Not unusual for the dominant team of the year to have 4-5 AA's. Geelong had 8 in 2007!
I think we'll see Yeo, Hurn(C) & Shep in the AA. Maybe Shuey as the Vics finally acknowledge his existence.

Gov has copped crap in the media for being unaccountable/selfish this year, so I reckon he'll miss (they need to squeeze Alex "GOAT" Rance into the side, so limited spots for Gov).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo is probably the best one on midfielder in the comp - but he's not as dominant when on his own
15th is probably right

I disagree, I think you're underselling Yeo quite a bit here. He's really elevated his game this year to a level that actually does place him within the discussion. There's a reason Shuey's got off the leash massively a number of times this season, and that's because opposition sides are actually tagging Yeo more.

Here's a comparison between Yeo and Fyfe (who is a poor man's version of him). They're not too dissimilar apart from disposals and contested positions - if anything, some of Yeo's games where he got tagged bring his season averages down.

At the very least, if Yeo is just behind the elite, he's fast approaching that territory.

Last edited:
I occasionally go back to shuey: GF performance, clutch moments, his purple patch of 3 or 4 games this year.

But overall, I was saying last year, Yeo is my no 1 chosen player AFL wide.

For some reason when rating the elite midfielders of the competition we only look at what they do in attack and not when they don't have the ball. It's half the game though.

Saying Yeo is the best player in the competition isn't really that outlandish(imo) partly because there isn't really a dominant Ablett,Judd,Franklin type at the moment & Yeo is beating all the other contenders head to head.

If Yeo keeps going up against the competitions best midfielders and beating them head to head(not like a Hutchings or DeBoar) when do we start to acknowledge he's at least as good, if not better.

Our game against Richmond in two weeks is going to be massive for a couple reasons, but Yeo V Martin could honestly decide the game.

Ranking best players is highly subjective. Lyon obviously likes his ability to beat the best, and his superior two way game.
He's also overcompensating for sleeping on us for 18 months. Now he's swinging the pendulum the other way and claiming Yeo is #1 based on one goal he kicked against Melbourne. Lyon is a dicksnap. Ignore.

Our game against Richmond in two weeks is going to be massive for a couple reasons, but Yeo V Martin could honestly decide the game.
Why don't we let Richmond worry about stopping Yeo, Shuey and Gaff while we rotate Hutchings, Redden and Nelson through Martin?

Well said, pretty much my thoughts on him too atm, though i don't think he has reached his peak yet being a few years younger than those guys and relatively new to the midfield.

Being tagged is also new to him so think he will get better at dealing with it.
Definitely the BBIBWBLF!
Next time hes tagged simmo needs to tell him at quarter time to tag whoevers tagging him.

Nek minut : Inception

Eagles win all the gfs

Unfold club stat