Elliott Himmelberg 2 years (until 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

When you have played as few games as he has it would make little difference

We'll see. We do have an unfortunate habit of developing players who only seem to bring out their best football when their contract has only a few months until it expires.

You were late to the party....
Ah, if we are going this way, I better add my post from May 12, 2019:

"Elliot Himmelberg broke a leg during his draft year, which also prevented him testing at the combine. The broken leg is why he slid.

He is showing signs that his real value is that of a top 10 draft pick."

About the 8th post down on this page: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/review-r8-v-port-adelaide.1218022/page-13#post-60825897

Jeez, you guys please go back to my post in 2001

"was driving past this front yard in Wagga Wagga on holidays and two kids must have been like 3 and 4 were having a kick to kick and were showing decent skill, if we can draft either of those two, we will not regret it"

"was driving past this front yard in Wagga Wagga on holidays and two kids must have been like 3 and 4 were having a kick to kick and were showing decent skill, if we can draft either of those two, we will not regret it"
Not bad, I'll give you that but not as good as those who made the call a few years before that based on the ultrasound scans shown at the gender reveal party!

Yeah, well I was standing in the rain beside my Delorean, the year was 1955, when a Western Union courier driver pulled up and handed me an envelope. Inside was a message from my old friend Doc from the year 1885 saying “draft Elliott Himmelberg”.

Would love some kind of Bigfooty points betting. Occasional prediction polls of things 1-5 years ahead. Get it right to gain points. Will Elliot Himmelberg make an AA squad at some point in the next 4 years? Etc.

Would let smart people like you, the reader, demonstrate your superior IQ over those other posters who think they are so smart but really they aren’t at all.

Would love some kind of Bigfooty points betting. Occasional prediction polls of things 1-5 years ahead. Get it right to gain points. Will Elliot Himmelberg make an AA squad at some point in the next 4 years? Etc.

Would let smart people like you, the reader, demonstrate your superior IQ over those other posters who think they are so smart but really they aren’t at all.
Interesting point. I am not a huge fan of 'better than you' type competitiveness, yet on the other hand I do think there does need to be some sort of acknowledgement of astute observations. To follow up on and reinforce your suggestion, perhaps there could be plus and minus points awarded depending upon whether the prediction comes to fruition or tanks!

Was thinking about how to respond to the question of 'What is Big-footy like and should I join?' The response I came up with was 'Its about 80% ego and a 20% mixture of varying degrees of football insights and news'. To this I got the reply 'OK, I will cancel my Advertiser subscription and join!'

Prost!!

He (along with other young forwards Mc Adam and Stengle) have been one of the late seasons major pluses in my view. His last 4-6 weeks have really come on amazingly well. Excited to watch the next game to see if he can keep it up. Didnt think he had some of the recent grabs in him and am very pleasantly surprised. Having Dermie comment positively on his forward craft the other night also is worth of attention from one of the best in the business at identifying young talent.

With the contact extension it does make me question if we only end up with pick one whether we do now choose to NOT draft the relatively similar player in Thilthorpe and instead go for the leading WA lad or a m/f in Hollands. 2021 according to the experts in where we really cash in on MF talent (perhaps 3-4 in first 2 rounds assuming we can engineer this which should be doable) so still wouldn't be surprised to see a KPF grabbed at pick one this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back