Elliott Himmelberg 2 years (until 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Berg. I will admit I didn't think he would be as good as he has shown in recent weeks.

But can you please back yourself in. That shot for goal he missed in the pocket yesterday running in wasn't pretty. His first instinct was to give it off, which he seems to do more than he probably should. A player backing his own ability would have run straight for goal and nailed it. Learn from this.

Excellent! I wonder how this influences how we draft considering he only turned 22 this year. Still has yet to hit his prime and should be our main forward for the next 8-10 years.

Excellent! I wonder how this influences how we draft considering he only turned 22 this year. Still has yet to hit his prime and should be our main forward for the next 8-10 years.
Wouldn't want him to be our main forward, as good as he's been

Good resigning. Has shown he can be elite in certain areas. Just needs to increase his strength, fitness and goal kicking over summer and should be in for a bumper year next year. Stengle another good signing. Doedee, Hamill, Sholl, Keays, Laird, McAdam, McPherson, Schoenberg, Worrell, Gollant, Butts priorities next. Want to see a bit more from McAsey, Fogarty, McHenry and Jones next year.

Last edited:
I was very negative of cement hands earlier this year, I was wrong, he's looked bloody good lately, time and patience.

Makes the drafting if Tilthorp less likely and McDonald more likely I reckon

Agree on this. Thilthorpe seems a strange pick now.

If McDonald lives up to his hype he’s our full forward, Himmelberg our second key forward and second ruck, and Fogarty to build his tank exponentially and become a roaming third tall forward.

McAdam Stengle Murphy as the smalls. Seems a good lineup

I reckon bus early season malaise had more to do.with trying to.work out his place in the team with Fog and Tex there.

It is simple. He is the focal point. He is our main forward, keep it that simple.

With Tex as our focal point Hberg looked lost and had no purpose. Tex has taken a back seat the last month or so, which has let Hberg take his natural role.

Fog and Hberg should be a great pairing and Newchurch the mobile big man. Stengle and Macadam the smalls and resting mids rotate there.

That should be our forward line for the next five or so years.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 talls is a difficult set up to have all 3 going well. Made much harder with lack of ball on top of 2 sub 20 gamers and a cooked ex-captain demanding more than his fair share of the entries. Reducing ball to Tex helps the team a lot, but none more than EH. Tex and Fog are really sharing a role but at least EH is being targeted properly now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Berg. I will admit I didn't think he would be as good as he has shown in recent weeks.

But can you please back yourself in. That shot for goal he missed in the pocket yesterday running in wasn't pretty. His first instinct was to give it off, which he seems to do more than he probably should. A player backing his own ability would have run straight for goal and nailed it. Learn from this.
Totally agree. He needs to have the confodence to run in and nail that. Had more time than he thought. You can see in the last month he is taking note of his mistakes and really learning from them.

Great news, fully deserves it. Wouldn't be a big contract either, although if he plays well next season, his next one might :)

That EH is the best in the league at converting opportunity to scoring shots. Pretty simple really.
But if we had more I50s, he may not be ranked so highly in that stat.

Regardless, he is our best target.

I also think the games before the Geelong game have an asterisks next to them in terms of stats/performance.

Since then we have been a different side. More energy, better movement, better results.

But if we had more I50s, he may not be ranked so highly in that stat.

Regardless, he is our best target.

I also think the games before the Geelong game have an asterisks next to them in terms of stats/performance.

Since then we have been a different side. More energy, better movement, better results.

I wonder too if everyone downfield also has the confidence in their marking targets now. We've seen Berg and McAdam capable of multiple contested marks or at very worst bringing the ball to ground, even Stengle has great hands.

If you're a Smith or Sholl you know you can go quick and you'll get a halved contest.

As one who had him packing his bags and now seeing the turnaround this is well deserved
Tbh I don't feel it's a bad review of his game to have him potentially gone at the end of the year 6 weeks ago. He hadn't shown anything really. It's really only been the last 3 games he has shown something. And last night he had a break out game. He needs to build up consistency and attack the ball like that every week.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wanted him delisted but I will say he's earned a contract in his last couple of games. Still dont think he'll be best 22 in the coming years but hey, if he can prove me wrong good for him.

Well fortunately I don't have to eat any humble pie.

Been a supporter of his for a while now and think that as long as we play him he'll continue to improve.

Unless he gets injured expect him to play basically the entire season next year and continue to develop as he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back