Toast Elliott Yeo and a thankyou from Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the equation?

Aish & Lewis vs Sheed, Yeo & Karpany?

WCE on the losing end of that one, but needs more time to evaluate properly.

i really rate Lewis, reminds me a lot of Daniel Kerr
Sheed Karpany and aish had nothing to do with that deal . It was our original 2nd (28) for Yeo .
It should be thanks WCE for not bending us over and making us take pick 31

Pick 28 was Lewis Taylor, so how does it have nothing to do with that deal?

There are rarely "direct lines" in these hypothetical analyses, so this is a reasonable evaluation of the overall deal for WCE

What's the equation?

Aish & Lewis vs Sheed, Yeo & Karpany?

WCE on the losing end of that one, but needs more time to evaluate properly.

i really rate Lewis, reminds me a lot of Daniel Kerr

He's more like Cousins than Kerr, destined to be a forward flanker.

Yeo is a freak, clean hands, height, pace and agility.

There are rarely "direct lines" in these hypothetical analyses, so this is a reasonable evaluation of the overall deal for WCE

The rest of the deal has absolutely nothing to do with the Lions though.

We originally had pick 28 and traded it for Yeo. That's the deal. So it is Taylor v Yeo.

We then decided we'd like another second rounder so we traded 6 for 11 and 31. So then it is Aish (or Scharenberg) v Sheed and Karpany.

We originally had pick 28 and traded it for Yeo. That's the deal. So it is Taylor v Yeo.

We then decided we'd like another second rounder so we traded 6 for 11 and 31. So then it is Aish (or Scharenberg) v Sheed and Karpany.

Didn't we trade for the extra second rounder first though?

We could have had Yeo and Taylor instead of Yeo and Karpany if we played hardball with Brisbane and gave up 31 instead of 28.

Didn't we trade for the extra second rounder first though?

We could have had Yeo and Taylor instead of Yeo and Karpany if we played hardball with Brisbane and gave up 31 instead of 28.

Yeah we could have, but it still doesn't come into the equation of the trade like the poster above suggested.

I'd rather Yeo than Taylor, but obviously at this stage I'd rather Taylor than Karpany.

What's aish got to do with it then. He went at pick 7 not our original 6.

I'd like to say thanks for the 2nd round pick for Elliott Yeo. Original thought we got screwed but pick 28 has turned out pretty well for us so hope Yeo does deliver for you guys.

Yeo will be a great player for us but I'm happy you did well from the trade.

Yeo is a freak, clean hands, height, pace and agility.
Agreed. I love his aggression, too - he's not afraid to get in the face of an opponent or to attempt ridiculous but disturbingly arousing sidesteps.

He was an absolute steal for pick 28.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My question has always been would we of traded down pick#6 if we didn't want another second rounder because we used the one we had on Yeo. And if that was the case you would lean towards including it around that trade.

Not to mention.. did we do that because we thought we would of had a chance for Taylor? because Karpany would play in a similar role at AFL level?

I personally think we should of gone for Aish instead of Sheed and Karpany.

But time will tell.

Yeo wanted to leave and come home so we came up with pick 28 which was accepted. Brisbane were never going to hold onto him.
Brisbane ended up getting a rising star who is going to be really good to great and seems like he will be loyal and a 10+ year player.
Yeo has fitted in really well over here and another pre-season with the boys and new game plan and he will be one of the players we have been missing, quick and slick.

Win win I say. I hope both teams can look back in 5 years and say "Yep we did well out of that"

Yeo wanted to leave and come home so we came up with pick 28 which was accepted. Brisbane were never going to hold onto him.
Brisbane ended up getting a rising star who is going to be really good to great and seems like he will be loyal and a 10+ year player.
Yeo has fitted in really well over here and another pre-season with the boys and new game plan and he will be one of the players we have been missing, quick and slick.

Win win I say. I hope both teams can look back in 5 years and say "Yep we did well out of that"

I'm all for the warm and fuzzies of a win/win situation but the reality is we could have got Yeo for 31. If we played hardball Brisbane would have accepted it. I believe the mail at the time was that we were very interested in Taylor.

Am I happy giving up Taylor (pick 28) for Yeo? Yep, I reckon Yeo has the tools to be an elite midfielder.

Would I prefer to have Yeo and Taylor (instead of Yeo and Karpany)? Yep, without a doubt.

My question has always been would we of traded down pick#6 if we didn't want another second rounder because we used the one we had on Yeo. And if that was the case you would lean towards including it around that trade.

Not to mention.. did we do that because we thought we would of had a chance for Taylor? because Karpany would play in a similar role at AFL level?

My guess would be that we would have traded for another 2nd rounder anyway. Yeo is at worst a high second round talent (i personally rate him as a high first round talent) and he basically fits into the age profile as the 2013 draft, so if we had wanted one second rounder he would have been it. I think the club realised the 15-35 talent was all of a similar ilk, so it was a good draft to get another second rounder. If Yeo hadn't been on the table, I think we would have taken 11, 28 and 31 to the draft.

I'm all for the warm and fuzzies of a win/win situation but the reality is we could have got Yeo for 31. If we played hardball Brisbane would have accepted it. I believe the mail at the time was that we were very interested in Taylor.

Am I happy giving up Taylor (pick 28) for Yeo? Yep, I reckon Yeo has the tools to be an elite midfielder.

Would I prefer to have Yeo and Taylor (instead of Yeo and Karpany)? Yep, without a doubt.
Yep, and we were originally gonna keep 28 for ourselves and give the Pies' pick 31 to them, was shocked that we gve them pick 28 instead. Would've gotten a steal with Taylor, while pick 31 was market value for Karps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back