Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of ridiculous melting going on in this thread, yeah we had a shocker, reality is the season likely won't even finish, was the 1st game, boys heads weren't in the game clearly, I can't really blame them either.
That sums it up for me. Players being told to have 'an orgy in shorts' in a climate where everyone else gets 4 square metres to themselves. And are then expected to blithely go home to at risk pregnant partners and at risk older parents and grandparents.

Bizarre we are even playing The players played like they agreed.

Listening to Bev's presser, it is pretty clear from his comments and tone that he doesn't have much faith in the wisdom of playing games right now. Quite rightly, he commented on the difficulties of close contact in general play, pre and post match. I think he is concerned by the double standards of recommended behaviour for the general public on one hand and for players on the other.
I'm wondering if any of this rubbed off on the players.
Of course, other teams coped much better with the conditions than we did so I'm not offering the above as an excuse for our poor performance but I get that the start to this season is extremely precarious and wouldn't blame anybody for wanting to wrap it up right now.

Last edited:
Listening to Bev's presser, it is pretty clear from his comments and tone that he doesn't have much faith in the wisdom of playing games right now. Quite rightly, he commented on the difficulties of close contact in general play, pre and post match. I think he is concerned by the double standards of recommended behaviour for the general public on one hand and on players on the other.
Of course, other teams coped much better with the conditions than we did so I'm not offering the above as an excuse for our poor performance but I get that the start to this season is extremely precarious and wouldn't blame anybody from wanting to wrap it up right now.

Bev is a well rounded individual.

Buckley is driven footy nut who has never worked in anything else.

Rate Bev

We shouldn't have played. Recent reports saying sweat spreads the VIRUS.

Totally bizarre we played.

Listening to Bev's presser, it is pretty clear from his comments and tone that he doesn't have much faith in the wisdom of playing games right now. Quite rightly, he commented on the difficulties of close contact in general play, pre and post match. I think he is concerned by the double standards of recommended behaviour for the general public on one hand and for players on the other.
Of course, other teams coped much better with the conditions than we did so I'm not offering the above as an excuse for our poor performance but I get that the start to this season is extremely precarious and wouldn't blame anybody from wanting to wrap it up right now.

88% of the players voted to play. I do not buy the uncertainty effected our performance, this a cop out it did not effect the pies effort. I still say 2 inside 50's in nearly quarters is disrespectful to us supporters. Yes, selection was woeful but a bit of effort would have seen us at least competitive and is all we ask for it these difficult times.

We played atrocious, definitely the worst of the round so far..... but find it hard to even care given the circumstances. Wouldn’t be surprised if the team felt the same way.

I personally don’t think we are committed. I’m very confident there won’t be much of a season. It has been much more bruise free over the 6 games so far than usual. Just my opinion. Can’t see AFL going past round 2 with the way our country is going with the virus and not listening to government.

Of course, other teams coped much better with the conditions than we did so I'm not offering the above as an excuse for our poor performance but I get that the start to this season is extremely precarious and wouldn't blame anybody for wanting to wrap it up right now.

Similar points been made in the Bevo thread. Suspect we performed worse as we are led by (emotionally) intelligent people like Bevo and Bont that can't hide the farce of these games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at how other clubs have gone about Round 1 thus far and intensity they have played with we deserve an apology from our mob.
Was disappointing borderline disgraceful

Looking at how other clubs have gone about Round 1 thus far and intensity they have played with we deserve an apology from our mob.
Was disappointing borderline disgraceful

everyone is a bit fragile at present and that is distorting emotions. We wanted a positive escape and got the opposite. It was a double whammy.

everyone is a bit fragile at present and that is distorting emotions. We wanted a positive escape and got the opposite. It was a double whammy.

Yep I can see and understand why you would say this and take it on board.

Norf is pulling about our level, which doesn't say good things about us or them.

And yet in the dying minutes, when most would know the season was probably done, both sides threw everything at it.

Meanwhile we have our last two disgraceful performances to stick in our craw until footy starts again

Awesome, no injuries on what was a pointless game. More time in the gym (if that's allowed).

Interesting seeing a bit of the Essendon v Fremantle game
One of our ex players booted a goal from outside 50
A rare thing for us – sadly
Gee we miss him :(

This sums it up for me...
Gill and Bevo harped on about how footy offers the community a release and some much needed entertainment and then our team turns in a performance that is absolutely embarrassing an will exacerbate the depression and doom and gloom that is consuming Australia and the whole world. You can say it’s only sport and don’t overreact over something so trivial but when they decided to go ahead and play round 1 they made it ‘important’.
We are now left with no footy for 2 to 6 months with memories of the most insipid performance I can EVER remember from a Bulldogs Club. Insipid team selection, coaching and playing.
Across the board an absolute disgraceful effort.

I thought it was an embarrassing performance. I think part of why i am upset over what some call a meaningless game is because it fits a pattern and this is not the first such performance we have put in. Those who have been on this forum a while will remember a few years ago when the most hurtful insult you could throw at a fellow Bulldogs poster was that he/she "äccepted mediocrity".I see this as a continuation of periodic poor performances and a demonstration of lack of effort that i hoped after the glory of 2016 was gone for ever. We have to get to a state where this sort of performance is not produced not just say it is not acceptable but deep down every one just accepts it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back