Autopsy Embarrassing Dogs smashed by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt a bit like watching an exhibition game tonight. I wonder if the players, across all games this weekend, feel similar.
Has to. One of the reasons whilst I am annoyed, but not outright filthy at such a deplorable performance.

I think the hardest losses are the ones where you’re unable to draw any real positives in a team performance sense. Clearly a few individuals showed a little bit but I’m struggling to remember any cohesive team play that I can look to as a positive.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dale is a downhill skier. Yes he kicks goals against ordinary teams when our midfield is dominating. But he struggles against decent teams. When he shirked a contest in the middle of the ground early in the second I was embarrassed for him. Then Lloyd took the spotlight at the end of the quarter.

We need finishers. But good ones who perform in finals don't mind the physical stuff. I don't see it with either of these two.

Will take a while for the team to settle around Bruce and Keath. And last night our midfield got smashed. But I don't see us beating the good teams with a forward line including Dale, Lloyd and Suckling. Keen to see what Weightman offers.
Yeah after the rubbish Dale served up, I'm a little concerned about him. He was incredible when the team was firing last year, but we can't have pure downhill skiers in a side that doesn't want to get thrashed by 10+ goals come finals. I would have rather seen Gowers last night in his spot if anything - he makes mistakes but at least he's a competitor.

Also keen to see what Weightman offers, just not sure if we can have Cavarra and Weightman in the same side. I'd imagine that once Cavarra has had a run, and if he can't cement his spot, then Weightman might be given the call up.

If Dickson comes in, it has to be at the expense of Lloyd or Wallis. My god we are so slow up there.
Wallis was one of the few who could hold his head up high last night. Thought he was much better than Lloyd. I'm not sure what Dale offers when we're given a real challenge - he's incredible when the midfield is playing at better than VFL standard, but geez he did nothing last night

Reckon we'll be lucky to have one more round nevermind a season. It won't matter. And if it does we're on target for pick 1
If they call it quits mid-season, I wouldn't be surprised if they combined the 2019 and 2020 ladders to determine draft order. Wouldn't be fair to base it purely on 2019 or 2020, but at least combining them gives a better idea of where teams are at.

Means if a side like Fremantle improve this season, they're not "punished" by getting stuck with Pick 15 if they somehow sit top 4 at the time of the season being called off, and could instead look at something like Pick 8-10 which would be a more fair indication of where the club sits after the last couple of seasons

Yeah after the rubbish Dale served up, I'm a little concerned about him. He was incredible when the team was firing last year, but we can't have pure downhill skiers in a side that doesn't want to get thrashed by 10+ goals come finals. I would have rather seen Gowers last night in his spot if anything - he makes mistakes but at least he's a competitor.

Also keen to see what Weightman offers, just not sure if we can have Cavarra and Weightman in the same side. I'd imagine that once Cavarra has had a run, and if he can't cement his spot, then Weightman might be given the call up.

Dale barely had any opportunities. If we had a reasonable amount of inside 50s and he was quiet maybe but to blame a forward on that game isn't fair. Downhill skier or not we don't have that many players that have proven they can kick 5 goals a game. We carried Stringer through our finals based on that potential, we have to do the same for Dale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, where's the "it's never ok to bag the players, let's be constructive" crew? Usually would be out in force after a loss like this.

We did not even look like a proper afl team last night.
It was really weird. I have no idea what was going on in the coaching box. We had a good formula last year, why fu** with it now?

I feel like most teams have a predictable best team most seasons, whereas we continually seem to be messing with our team for weeks.

I feel like most teams have a predictable best team most seasons, whereas we continually seem to be messing with our team for weeks.

It seems fairly predictable to 90% of fans, just not the match committee. It’s bizarre why we would move away from what was working second half of last year.

It seems fairly predictable to 90% of fans, just not the match committee. It’s bizarre why we would move away from what was working second half of last year.
I worry that we have trained all preseason away from what we implemented last year. Infuriating that we are now singing the same song as 2018 again.

What was Collingwood’s excuse or lack of?
don't think it really matters tbh

Good on buckley and there playing group getting themselves up, we struggled with that obviously but doubt it matters in the long run anyway, would say there is an 80% chance the season gets scrapped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back