Embezzling a celebrity (Guy Sebastian) of $1.15 mil

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
'Two mystery Australian personalities who would generate “an awful lot of publicity” are expected to be called as witnesses in the embezzlement trial of Guy Sebastian’s former manager, with the prosecution likely to apply for suppression orders over their identity.
Celebrity manager Titus Day is fighting 100 charges alleging he embezzled more than $1.15m in royalties and fees from his former client and close friend over a period of seven years.'

Sounds like a circus with crime reporters sharing a news cross with celebs & the papparazzi.

'The high-profile agent was arrested at his home in Sydney’s eastern suburbs in July 2020 following an investigation into his financial dealings.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Mr Day’s lawyer has previously addressed the damage the arrest had on his client, financially and to his reputation.'

It is expected Sebastian will be examined in the witness box for several days.'

Perish the thought, the election might play 2nd fiddle.

IKE TURNER

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't know if he is one Australia's biggest performers over the last couple of decades,if it is true how sad is that for Australian music? From what I know of him he is just a covers singer who come runner up on some rubbish talent show who apart from doing commercials is a judge on said rubbish talent show that hasn't found any talent the whole time it has existed and then went out and got an arm tattooed to try and get cred cause he is a bit of a softy

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
The court case is off & running:

'In his opening address, Dominic Toomey SC told the court "there is an answer to every one" of the more than 60 charges Mr Day is facing.

"You may wonder whether the authorities or even police were wilfully blind … seduced by Mr Sebastian's high profile," Mr Toomey told the jury.'

'During his first day on the stand on Wednesday morning, Guy Sebastian said ....'

geeeyejo

Draftee
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He's one of the biggest Australian performers over the last couple of decades. He's worth a lot more than that.

Think he’s quite a prolific song writer (for other artists )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I don't know if he is one Australia's biggest performers over the last couple of decades,if it is true how sad is that for Australian music? From what I know of him he is just a covers singer who come runner up on some rubbish talent show who apart from doing commercials is a judge on said rubbish talent show that hasn't found any talent the whole time it has existed and then went out and got an arm tattooed to try and get cred cause he is a bit of a softy
Sounds like you don’t know much about him, which is strange to have an opinion of him then.

Last edited:

NotHereForFooty

Draftee
Dec 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's done incredibly well for himself - not only in performing and songwriting, but also as a judge on talent shows.

There will be some things where there is a very grey area - such as when cars are given as payment. How does his agent take a percentage of those? And, where he brings in his own deal (such as for the boat), where does that leave his agent? I imagine the contract wording around these things would be very interesting indeed.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
:( :( :(

'PUBLISHED: 18:02 AEST, 8 May 2022 | UPDATED: 20:00 AEST, 8 May 2022'

'The well-respected judge was rushed to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital from his inner-we
st Sydney home on Thursday morning after suffering a stroke.
Three days on, he remains in hospital on life support with concerned family and friends keeping a constant vigil.'

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Back in Court today:
.... the trial was adjourned until Monday when Judge Tim Gartelmann SC took charge.

“I have had the opportunity to familiarise myself with a transcript of the proceedings to date,” Judge Gartelmann said.

“I’m in a position to take over the conduct of the trial forthwith. I am satisfied it would be in the interests of justice for the trial to continue with a new presiding judge.”

'Judge Gartelmann told members of the jury that the trial would resume immediately, although Crown prosecutor David Morters SC would appear via audiovisual link after he tested positive to Covid.

Mr Sebastian will spend most of Monday in the witness box being questioned by Mr Morters.

It is expected Mr Day’s barrister Dominic Toomey SC will spend at least three days cross-examining Mr Sebastian from Tuesday to Thursday.'

Back