News & Events Emily Sears and Laura Lux

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7cc1b9395f8db80c68c4b2c41bb7b55

Actually read the article. Not nearly as entertaining as the thread.

Emily Sears said:
A lot of backlash has suggested that because we take "sexy selfies" we are deserving of these messages, which I think shows a bigger picture of victim blaming and rape culture. This is the same mentality that makes authorities ask "what were you wearing" to victims reporting serious crimes such as assault and rape. It's about time we start taking the focus off teaching women not to "ask for" this type of abuse and start to hold the men who do this accountable and teach them to respect women.

Firstly, you're not a 'model' just because you have an instagram account. Just like you're not a photographer. Or a chef.

Secondly, the whole reason people use social media like instagram as a promotional tool is because of the communicative aspect of social networking. You want people liking, sharing, hastagging etc.

It's a pretty basic hierarchy of steps. If you don't want anyone to see slutty photos of you, you don't take them. If you only want select people to see them, you take then and send via text, show in person etc. and hope they're not sharing, caring types. If you do want everyon to see them, you put them on the internet. Now if you don't want people commenting on them, being able to contact you etc. then you put them on a website. The trade-off in doing that is that if you're some no name 'model' who'd be lucky to book a car wash then chances are the only people searching for you are the percentage of weirdos you want to avoid on social media - so you put them on social media, get the 100 fold increase in exposure and complain about the percentage of weirdos.....

As far as I'm concerned you take the good with the bad. You're going to get negative comments, you're going to get propositions, you're going to get people trying to sell s**t, you're going to get scammers, you're going to get spammers... I reckon if you asked these 'models' if they'd give up the gazillions of likes and positive comments and the free publicity to avoid having the odd guy comment 'you've look great sucking my dick' or sending them an inappropriate photo message there is zero chance they'd say no. They'd say something like 'yeah, but, no that's not what I'm saying. I'm, I mean... you're a pig. #rapeculture'.

Also don't send dick pics to instagram models. Just don't. It's juts sad.. Unless you're some ripped, tattooed male instagram model. Then they'll probably go for it.

I really don't think getting sent dick pics is that big a deal. This is the internet; as someone with even a minor celebrity profile on social media, you have to expect the dregs of society to be trying to contact you. That's why Instagram/Twitter/Facebook have "block" and "delete" features, so you don't have to deal with anyone or anything you don't want to. No doubt these women have the right to feel a little disgusted and to speak out against it, but I mean, they're only penises... surely they've seen some before?

In saying that, anyone who actually sends dick pics must be a pretty sad person. If they're just trolls sending pics they find on Google to random celebrities for a laugh, then they should probably find a new, funnier shtick. If they are guys taking serious pictures of their own members in the desperate hope that the hot, female celebrity (who could get any man she wanted) will see the images of their manhood and think "my goodness that's impressive, we should meet - NOW!", then they really need to get out more.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's classic internet stalker behaviour.
Chick that is out of a blokes league mentions how they really want to go see a band or an event and next minute the bloke is offering to pay for someone they have never met in real life to go somewhere. They think that they are being a 'nice guy' but really they are just hoping for the girl to feel like she should probably root him in exchange for what he has bought her.

That is just sad, and quite frankly " creepy "

Doesn't scream desperation much

Contention: Anyone who disagrees with Laura and Emily is of the opinion that Jill Meagher deserved what she got.

Well, not really a contention. More a fact. But still.

Quoted for future reference.

What a disrespectful piece of s**t you are to draw a link like that. :thumbsdown:

Contention: Anyone who disagrees with Laura and Emily is of the opinion that Jill Meagher deserved what she got.

Well, not really a contention. More a fact. But still.

That is so disrespectful towards the Meagher family

Serious amounts of WTF ?

edit; * you starburns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back