Eminem

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by the REAL dingo

So you used to like him... until you actually listened to the lyrics... well that makes sense, you've got music credibility...

I just wasn't offended by the stuff I heard first.

I said I heard other stuff. And that put me off him.

Eminem's phenomenal success can be attributed to two things:

1. His lack of melanin.
2. Dr. Dre.

Apart from a few golden moments, his albums are nothing special. Add to that his clumsy rhyming - the boy doesn't flow!

Like his lyrics or not, they are extremely well written, and on the talent scale I rate him very highly. I used to listen to him when it was new, but his lack of progression caused me to lose interest.

I think the best hiphop comes out of Europe these days. There's some really cutting edge stuff coming out of London.

Have you heard the song 8 mile? Listen then report back with a changed attitude.

Listen to 'Lose Yourself' - it's a real Jekyll and Hyde. After an incredible first verse, he reverts to character, with subsequent verses (especially the second verse) all over the shop.

Originally posted by Hurricane75
What do you think about him?

I have his CD and I think he's kinda cool. Although I don't agree with most of the stuff he has to say, I think people take him way to seriously.

I can't stand him. Just because he swears every few words does'nt make him cool. Plus every 12 year old round here ( and at least one 19 year old I know) reckon he's God.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His stuff is mad
But his songs get boring over a period of time
I now cant stand Without Me n it used 2 b 1 of my fave songs
my fave song on eminem show is actualy sing 4 the moment, it actualy has meaning

Em used 2 b my fave rapper but now its 2pac

Nah man, not this Xmas. But hoping to get some time off work in Feb to head up there to catch up with mates. This would have to be my 1st Xmas in Melbourne for almost 8 years!! :eek:

I rate him highly. I think he is very smart, being as controversial as he is has been paramount to his success... as for his lyrics degrading women.... hmmm.... i'm a woman and i dont take offense or have a problem with it. He's just referring to the women in his life, total and utter skanks.... not everything is roses and light and not all women are clean and pure angels brought down from heaven... i just think most artists lyrics reflect their lives (his love of Haille etc)... i find him interesting and like listening to rap, and hsi lyrics to boot!

My faves are Lose Yourself, 8 Mile... the list goes on really!

12 year old me loved him

30 year old me pities him

it’s so sad watching a near 50 year old still rapping, he hasn’t made anything half decent in nearly 20 years, yet he still can’t see the writing on the wall.

12 year old me loved him

30 year old me pities him

it’s so sad watching a near 50 year old still rapping, he hasn’t made anything half decent in nearly 20 years, yet he still can’t see the writing on the wall.

There's plenty of other better rappers out there but Eminem was definitely a product of late 90s pop culture zeitgeist based on shock value (South Park, Jerry Springer, pro wrestling, Marilyn Manson etc).

His first 3 albums are still decent with some ripping songs on there but listening to anything he's done in the last 15-20 years (particularly recently) is really bad - playing the spoilt angry teen in your 40s is just embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back