Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic

Remove this Banner Ad

"We are protesting because we want taxes to be applied equally".

So the poor people are protesting to increase their own taxes so they have equality in taxes. Riots of the idiots who dont even understand the progressive tax system. Are the farmers still protesting for higher food prices?

Cmon seeds you're better than that. Theyre protesting on principle. You're pulling apart one thing and ignoring the rest.

Cmon seeds you're better than that. Theyre protesting on principle. You're pulling apart one thing and ignoring the rest.
What principle? It started off as a protest about a fuel tax. Now its just a protest for the sake of protests. Their chosen leader lost the election so they are simply complaining for complaining sake. Some of the protesters stated goals are pretty close to being the opposite. They should be angry with each other. Although the real reason they are there is simply to complain.

What principle? It started off as a protest about a fuel tax. Now its just a protest for the sake of protests. Their chosen leader lost the election so they are simply complaining for complaining sake. Some of the protesters stated goals are pretty close to being the opposite. They should be angry with each other. Although the real reason they are there is simply to complain.
You don't understand at all. They want better economic conditions generally. Try listening to some interviews with protestors and doing some homework, instead of blindly defending their failed leader. A movement approved of by 3 quarters of the population must have some merit.

The same s**t happening here. This is what their problem is. The protestors are a generation ahead of us.

I worked with some French tourists this year and was blown away where they're at. So few in Australia so aware of the bullshit from certain Political ideoligies.

The same s**t happening here. This is what their problem is. The protestors are a generation ahead of us.

I worked with some French tourists this year and was blown away where they're at. So few in Australia so aware of the bullshit from certain Political ideoligies.
And what s**t is that?

What do you think they stand for?
Seizing assets of multinational companies who appear to never pay tax anywhere. Thereby having a local company hiring local people and subject to local taxation. That’s my guess anyway

Seizing assets of multinational companies who appear to never pay tax anywhere. Thereby having a local company hiring local people and subject to local taxation. That’s my guess anyway
That would actually be something reasonable to protest against. I have heard about 5 different reasons why they are protesting and thats not one of them let alone the main one.

Still waiting to hear about what the s**t is? Have you thought up an answer yet?

That would actually be something reasonable to protest against. I have heard about 5 different reasons why they are protesting and thats not one of them let alone the main one.
Damn I should be running protests..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Explain it then? How are you going to convince others to your point of view if you dont try?
It's about a lack of wealth for the working class. You try to paint the movement as contradictory as it is about lowering cost of living but also improving profits for farmers. But these groups achieve mutual benefits through things like scrapping the fuel tax hike. There are economic measures that benefit both the rural working class and the urban working class.

The only contradiction I have seen was a small group protesting climate change. Given that it was a climate change policy that initiated the whole movement, I'm not sure where those guys fit in. One thing all factions have in common is a dislike of Macaroni.

It's about a lack of wealth for the working class. You try to paint the movement as contradictory as it is about lowering cost of living but also improving profits for farmers. But these groups achieve mutual benefits through things like scrapping the fuel tax hike. There are economic measures that benefit both the rural working class and the urban working class.

The only contradiction I have seen was a small group protesting climate change. Given that it was a climate change policy that initiated the whole movement, I'm not sure where those guys fit in. One thing all factions have in common is a dislike of Macaroni.

Jean luc is a nurse who earns 100 euros a day. The fuel tax adds 10 euros a day to his costs getting to and from work. 10 percent of his wage.

Michelle is an investment banker. She earns 1000 euros a day. The fuel tax adds 10 euros a day to her costs getting to and from work. 1 percent of her wage.

If people don't understand this they're footretetes

Seeds any defense of your globalist chum??
Migration is not really an issue I have a strong opinion on. If goods and capital and knowledge can freely move across borders there really isnt much need for open borders on migration from an economic standpoint. The only additional reason for migration is for cultural reasons and whilst there are significant benefits for cultures mixing there can also be significant costs. Im not dismissive of those who complain about islam migrants given islams views (even many of the non extremists islam views Im not in favour of). Nor am i dismissive of those who worry that white people will be bred out of existance with too much foreign immigration.

Last edited:
Like the gif. But um you are the one who thinks simply using the word s**t is a winning argument. You might be looking at the wrong side of the coin in regards to who the fool is. The way to knowledge is argument and putting forward your views and debating them. To not do so is the way to become a fool.

Like the gif. But um you are the one who thinks simply using the word s**t is a winning argument. You might be looking at the wrong side of the coin in regards to who the fool is. The way to knowledge is argument and putting forward your views and debating them. To not do so is the way to become a fool.
I agree with you

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes."
Proverbs 26:4-5
Seeds is actually quite correct in this case.
It's a cute little meme and I'm sure it makes everyone feel morally in the right, but the fact is that these sayings assume you know which one is the fool... and most of the time you're going to assume that's the other guy. Anyone who disagrees with you, in essence.
Of course, if the left think the right are all fools, and the right thinks the left are all fools, and everyone adheres to Proverbs, then there'll be no discussion at all, will there?

We can always leave it to the bible to come up with some ill-thought out bullshit that people are going to quote for a thousand years because they think it makes them look wise.

Seeds is actually quite correct in this case.
It's a cute little meme and I'm sure it makes everyone feel morally in the right, but the fact is that these sayings assume you know which one is the fool... and most of the time you're going to assume that's the other guy. Anyone who disagrees with you, in essence.
Of course, if the left think the right are all fools, and the right thinks the left are all fools, and everyone adheres to Proverbs, then there'll be no discussion at all, will there?

We can always leave it to the bible to come up with some ill-thought out bullshit that people are going to quote for a thousand years because they think it makes them look wise.

The point of those two proverbs, which occur right after each other, is to say that there are times when answering a foolish man will end up making you like him, as you dissolve into petty arguments and stupid discussion. However, other foolish men need to be answered, because otherwise they will think that they are right. Figuring out which one is true when is what comes with wisdom.

So unlike the meme, which says there is only one wise action and there should be no discussion, Proverbs says that there are two, and it will result in discussion when the right people are involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back