Fantasy Empire 2013 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm starting a new Dynasty/SalaryCap league on MFL -- a paid yearly service.

Standard league costs about $70 annually (mere $5 each person to pay)
Deluxe league costs about $140 annually ($10 each person to pay)

I'm choosing standard league.

The MFL site has an enormous amount of more capability and features than ESPN has.

Seeking people who can stick around for a few years at least, and be active in the league/discussion.

Am calling it EMPIRE LEAGUE, as it will be dynasty but with financial aspect to it (salary cap, auction).

League Page: http://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/66540

I'm still wading thru the billions of league settings, so it wont be ready for a few more weeks.

Also...

I'm not going to continue with Die-Nasty. It's not set up well enough settings-wise and ESPN-wise, and would require annual or mass changes which i want to steer clear from doing for all future leagues i run (CT included).

I'm focusing on running Cutthroat and Empire. I cant stretch myself beyond that with my life getting busier.

I apologize to D/N people for that, but many of you are welcome to join Empire League as a replacement league for D/N closing, as well as seeking people from Alpha/Beta, and others interested.

What's MFL?

The IDP part is the selling point for me, my regular league had an IDP but it's fairly irrelevant. I've wanted to be in a league where they matter for ages.

Draft and salary cap sound hard to manage simultaneously.

That said I would play for sure if there is room.

Would certainly be in another Dynasty league, but not sure how you would go 'porting' rosters from another competition for people who are not in those comps (Alpha/Beta Dynasty). Also, depends on particulars I guess. I am not in favour of one suggestion you had on the Alpha thread about teams in 2 conferences that play, that can have the same players. I like the 'realism' aspect, where you have to draft/trade to build your roster and play against teams that have done the same without having the same guys you do. Defeats the purpose of the Dynast aspect in my mind.

I would do another draft if need be, but I know you are not keen on that.

Porting just if say a lot came over from dienasty and could group them together then maybe doable.

Was even thinking if bunches came from alpha beta and dienasty, there could be a mass bartering session between everyone with shared players. Mass trade bartering of players and picks.

To attain say 16 roster and only have to do a 16 round draft then.

No hard rule on all this. Just showing flexibility depending on who joins etc and whether people are open to a bartering type first year player acquisition to minimize the enormity of a 34 round draft.

Otherwise ill just do a 34 round draft. Or maybe just 16 first year and people have to waiver and auction acquire the rest of the 24.

The conference idea I can get rid of if people are opposed to it. Just an option for now.

If your keen manureid just put your name down for now

Only live draft (yahoo) i've ever done was on baseball forum on here and it went surprisingly well. Think only a couple of guys couldn't make it in a 12 team comp. Couple of hours it was done. Allowed you to submit a list if you couldn't make it, although think one of those teams sucked. Maybe give a date well in advance.

Yeah and don't import rosters, first draft is a big part of the fun. I'll leave it to guys who aren't in a dynasty as yet, but if you're desperate i'll put my name down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If guys are keen and reliable, a 34 round draft does not take too long, and lets face it, we have a decent size off season, even if you ran the draft after the NFL draft. Alpha draft went fine from memory, and you set time limits as well. Happy to be in discussions and be part of something if the format is good. So put me down.

Getting sick and tired about all the changes every year.

Last year I was only in 3 leagues.
By mid year I decided it would be my last of Cutthroat and the non-BigFooty one I'm in (been in 3 years, 2 bridesmaids then an embarrassement in 2012)

Was only going to do Die-nasty in 2013. But if it's gone. I'm out of here fantasy wise.

Ct in 2013 will be set up to not change scoring again in future whilst on espn. Im getting sick of changing myself too.

Will be set where offensive positions are balanced between themselves and defensive positions are balanced between themselves. A difference between offense and defense.

Sounds good (under his breath.... until he ******* decides to change his mind again) , DB will be on board, don't worry about that (to myself....knowing DB's ego this will ensure he doesn't..mwahhahahah..god it's too easy!!)

For me it's a few factors to decide if I would play

I had a few problems with the previous dynasty league on MFFL due to it not being very automated so you don't know when FA is on, when waivers is on then getting everything locked out. However I think you're trying to make this bigger than Ben Hur. Honestly it would be sweet if we can go back to new leagues with only offensive players to keep it simpler and a smaller draft. Would love a live draft if that's an option.

No salary cap - creates huge imbalances with crafty rosters (eg I manged to sign Lynch to a five year $1 contract in the original league).

Just my two cents from someone who is a bit bored of the gimmicks

I wont implement anything that doesn't work well, has bugs, isn't automated.

However, I won't remove IDP. Dynasty has to be NFL-like in rosters and management. But i will avoid making it too complicated. Just don't want it to be too simple either.

Salary Cap wont be something where you acquire SJax for $1. But using a proper salary with an in-built salary generator and inflation, having contract years, cap hits for dropping players.

Will probably be a mix of offline draft and offline blind bid auction (half your squad acquired from each).

Nothing is written in cement right now. Just that it will be dynasty squad of around 30 players, start with a fresh draft, will have full position listings, and those sorts of basics.

Just want to ensure it's a different than alpha/beta, offers some new twists on things, for a little variety/interest.

I was going to ask before next season if I could join a standard ESPN fantasy league with you guys but only because that's that's because it's the only version of NFL fantasy I've played. I'd like put my name up if you guys have something similar going?

As long as its not to complicated as larkis as said,I'm keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back