Encryption bill passed/rushed

Remove this Banner Ad

The ALP has moved the amendments they said they'd move. It's now a question of whether the crossbench support any of them. If any amendments are supported then the bill would need to go back to the House which won't sit again until February.

They're still debating it, don't discount the ALP ******* us over and doing what the Liberals want when it matters.

6m ago 18:22

The Senate has extended its debate until 7pm.

We are waiting to see if the Greens support any of Labor’s amendments to the encryption bill. If all the amendments fail, the legislation becomes law, without having to return to the House.

If even one amendment gets up, then it has to go back to the House, in February, to be properly ticked off on.

6m ago 18:22

The Senate has extended its debate until 7pm.

We are waiting to see if the Greens support any of Labor’s amendments to the encryption bill. If all the amendments fail, the legislation becomes law, without having to return to the House.

If even one amendment gets up, then it has to go back to the House, in February, to be properly ticked off on.

It's a s**t show... amendments wont do SFA other than delay this horrible legislation

ALP you ******* dipshits.

Goodbye to my first preference. Useless, gutless, morons. The LNP/AFP are going to * you and the unions so completely.

The first group on Dutton's hitlist will surely be Getup. Then any environmental activists resisting Adani, or planning mass action on climate change. The CFMEU also better prepare itself for a rogering. The security services, Dutton's office and Federal police are going to be in overdrive between now and when parliament sits again, sifting through every one of their communications. So unbelievably stupid.

HOW ******* CONVENIENT that they " somehow managed " to extend the senates sitting time but not the house of reps

The most cowardly govt i've had the misfortune of being alive for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if this were somewhere like France or Germany people would be out on the streets making a noise but here we don't give a fat rats vagina and we wonder why we're stuck with this cockroaches.

it makes me sick to think that people are so carefree when it comes to politics and their rights..

I think this will really hurt Labor. Morrison ends the year looking like a much more in control.

only hurt them until next week...after that it'll be off the front page, nothing is hurting Morrison more than the Morrison and the LNP.

Taking bets on just who the 1st " outspoken critic " of this cowardly spiteful petty govt is to have their private convos/info plastered on the front page of the DT will be.......

View attachment 592892

So it begins.
Shorten couldn’t possibly think he wouldn’t get hammered for this. Sadly Dutton is right. Shorten carried on all day for nothing.
They are so damn stupid.

Unbelievably stupid.

Did they think capitulating would stop the LNP from using this as a wedge. Now they have simply enraged their own base, look cowardly in front of neutrals and will still get called terror sympathisers or whatever nonsense by LNP voters. Bonus points because Dutton and the AFP are now going to target the unions, getup, Labor, independent journalists, environmental activists and so on.

Let's face it, it's not an issue that the average Australian cares about - well, not the average swinging voter anyway.

However, when the national security line gets trotted out the ALP just has to avoid being perceived as weak on it. This Bill is not the line you want to draw in the sand if you want to win an election.

Am I the only one that completely understands the stance the ALP have taken?

This is Tampa 2.0 for me.

I’ve just loaded a gorilla on Coalition to retain government.

Given your track record the ALP are going to win in a landslide next year.

Given your track record the ALP are going to win in a landslide next year.
Adz posts are actually making me more confident of a Labor victory.

However the Coalition were done and dusted as of 5:00pm. Shorten just rebooted their government.

And if there is a terrorist attack, the LNP will just say it's Labor's fault for slowing down the legislation despite passing no amendments. Then when parliament re-sits, Labor will shirk from doing the right thing coz optics. Guess what, someone trie to leak an assessment that contradicts Dutton, well he will use these new powers to direct the AFP their way.

Adz posts are actually making me more confident of a Labor victory.

However the Coalition were done and dusted as of 5:00pm. Shorten just rebooted their government.

And if there is a terrorist attack, the LNP will just say it's Labor's fault for slowing down the legislation despite passing no amendments. Then when parliament re-sits, Labor will shirk from doing the right thing coz optics. Guess what, someone trie to leak an assessment that contradicts Dutton, well he will use these new powers to direct the AFP their way.

I don't think it works their way. If there's a terrorist attack that somehow involves planning using the internet the public won't see this Bill remain unpassed and turn the spotlight on the Opposition for not doing what the government wanted for the sake of national security.

Like I said before, encryption is something the average voter doesn't care that much about. We are all outraged but let's face it, we were never voting LNP anyway and we are obviously more internet savvy than the average voter which doesn't feel affected by it.

National security is not the hill you want to die on - it's just the reality of modern politics nowadays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back