List Mgmt. End of season 2021 Delistings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cook at Carlton now. This is a mass-exodus.

Except we knew all year that Cook was leaving? Bit of an exaggeration there mate.

The only question was if he went into AFL admin or another club. According to McClure he is there for 3 years, so not exactly long enough to correct the massive issues plaguing that basket case. He is there more to groom the next person to have the role.

Except we knew all year that Cook was leaving? Bit of an exaggeration there mate.

The only question was if he went into AFL admin or another club. According to McClure he is there for 3 years, so not exactly long enough to correct the massive issues plaguing that basket case. He is there more to groom the next person to have the role.
+ Two assistant coaches and the one remaining asst. has apparently had a blow up with the senior coach. Sounds like happy days.

+ Two assistant coaches and the one remaining asst. has apparently had a blow up with the senior coach. Sounds like happy days.

This forum has basically been begging the club to move on the assistants since the prelim final, and it's happening. If Scott packs his bags too i doubt many on here would complain (i certainly wont). I fail to see how anything that has happened so far is a bad thing for the club. If anything it opens up a brilliant opportunity to reinvigorate the coaching panel, which this club badly needs. Scarlett stays, Stevie J comes back as a forwards coach with Joel Corey as mids coach and a new Senior Coach to guide it all (looking at you Macca)...A man can dream.

We knew Cook was leaving since the start of the year, so there is no surprise there at all. To characterise this as a "mass-exodus" is just s**t-stirring.

Maybe we can convince Scarlo to stay with a handover after 2023?

Scott gets a 1 year extension and we get a coach who hates the Scott gameplan.

Short term pain for long term gain!

With hocking in charge i would say Scarletts chance of becoming head coach is about 0.0001%. If anything he will do well to hang onto his current job.

Six minutes ago the club has finally made the Jenkins, Taheny and Jarvis de-listings official, on twitter

Thought Jenkins statement was very classy. All the best to him.

While being inspired by the past, Geelong are looking to the future. We’ve heard of Coach / Captain, well congratulations to Tom Hawkins who’s now forward coach / CEO!

Sounds good and I'm sure Scarlett's first action as senior coach would be to make Kolodjashnij captain

Realistically, happy to pass on Scarlett as senior coach and that when we are looking for our next senior coach, we go with someone new to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 6 assistant coaches - Lappin, Knights, Scarlett, O'Bree, Enright & Grigg, and 5 of those guys have been at the club for between 5 & 13 years

So changing over half our assistants is long overdue and something we should have been trying to transition on something of a more regular basis

Sounds good and I'm sure Scarlett's first action as senior coach would be to make Kolodjashnij captain

Realistically, happy to pass on Scarlett as senior coach and that when we are looking for our next senior coach, we go with someone new to the club
Agree Scarlo doesn't strike me as a senior coach. Like him or not Chris Scott is a pretty good communicator. Would be sad to see Kolodjashnij go because I like knowing how to spell his name and Blicavs for similar reasons.

You’d think with Cook at the Blues they will now look very hard at Scott as coach.
Apparent Clarkson is back in the discussion:

With speculation surrounding Alastair Clarkson's potential return to the AFL coaching ranks, Lachy Reid has delivered some exclusive mail on the Rush Hour with Lachy and Embers.

"I think this could spread across the country.."

Lachy explained that Clarko had plans to move overseas and study in the United States, which has fallen out of favour for the all-time great coach.

"I am told that he did not get into the course he wanted to do overseas. .. So maybe just maybe, Carlton might be coming back into play." said Reid.

Reid added that the Blues had reached out to Paul Roos, however he will be at the Kangaroos, removing his name from the live chances.

"Huge story," Andrew Embley said, "now that he's here that changes the whole landscape."

"If I'm Carlton I'm back on the phone again."

With speculation surrounding Alastair Clarkson's potential return to the AFL coaching ranks, Lachy Reid has delivered some exclusive mail on the Rush Hour with Lachy and Embers.

Lachy explained that Clarko had plans to move overseas and study in the United States, which has fallen out of favour for the all-time great coach.

"I am told that he did not get into the course he wanted to do overseas. .. So maybe just maybe, Carlton might be coming back into play." said Reid.

Reid added that the Blues had reached out to Paul Roos, however he will be at the Kangaroos, removing his name from the live chances.

"Huge story," Andrew Embley said, "now that he's here that changes the whole landscape."

we should offer him a bag

There you go. You’d think we’ll know more over the next week where each club is heading.

* no.
You want to keep the guy who thinks Kolo is first picked every week? Who wants all the defenders in the team? The guy who the other coaches say gets his way most often? The guy Scott says has a massive influence over the gameplan?

Scarlo is as much the issue as Scott.

We have 6 senior coaches - Lappin, Knights, Scarlett, O'Bree, Enright & Grigg, and 5 of those guys have been at the club for between 5 & 13 years

So changing over half our assistants is long overdue and something we should have been trying to transition on something of a more regular basis
It is, but we need to make sure we bring in a mix of promising young coaches and old hands. Hocking has his work cut out

Scott to Carlton and Clarko to Geelong confirmed

We have 6 senior coaches - Lappin, Knights, Scarlett, O'Bree, Enright & Grigg, and 5 of those guys have been at the club for between 5 & 13 years

Hear hear.

fu** no.
You want to keep the guy who thinks Kolo is first picked every week? Who wants all the defenders in the team? The guy who the other coaches say gets his way most often? The guy Scott says has a massive influence over the gameplan?

Scarlo is as much the issue as Scott.

I agree with that Scarlo is a very defensive coach and you wont see a change to a more attacking gameplan while he is there imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back