List Mgmt. End of season 2021 Delistings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pushed Chappy, Bartel, Mooney , milburn et al because of their age profile and form and now we recruit players well past their best and in their 30’s

I don’t blame them for holding a grudge, I’m certainly not impressed with the hypocrisy of the club recruiting
It isn't hypocrisy at all.

Bartel and Corey were cooked.
Chappy played 8/24 games in 2013 and then wanted two more years. Club offered 1. Midway through his 2nd Essendon season he was cooked so club vindicated.

By 2013-15 we needed to get younger and cull some guys, and club greats were pushed, but our mature age recruits were in their 'prime years' not 30 plus.
Dangerfield, Scooter, Smith, Henderson, Tuohy. Fast forward 3-4 years and we are close to success so need the experienced recruits to help get over the line so in comes GAJ, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Steven, Higgins, Smith etc..

But now we are old again so need to prioritise youth once more.

It merely is the cycle of drafting and recruiting, and just because years later we bring in experience does not make them hypocritical. For the most part the decisions to move them on were all correct assessments.

Scarlo can go if he can't communicate. As a younger man myself, that's not gonna fly with this era of men. They'll just alienate him ala what we've heard about Clark.

It’s become the Aust way to just obliterate anybody that actually fails by swinging the bat and trying. There is no middle ground. You either win and are genius or lose and your a complete muppet. It’s got me stuffed why so many people care what the bottom feeders of society think? You realise that you’ll never win them over. A bloke that cures cancer will have done it wrong if you jump on social media.
Yeah but this is football, you don’t win a flag with half a dozen honest plodders in your best 22.
Name some deadwood in our 2007-11 gf teams?

That says a lot more about the value of pre-draft media hype than it does Taheny. It's unfortunate that the two seasons he had were severely disrupted but he didn't do much to suggest he had a future when he was able to play.
And Frankie Evans a smoky plucked out of some suburban amateurs team looks more of a player.
Its good that drafting is not an exact science otherwise the competition would be a bit too predictable.

You can't be serious, his 2009 and 2010 seasons were excellent and he would currently be one of our better players. Lots of run, tons of pace, 35 goals, and unlike some he lifted for finals.
You can't be serious, his 2009 and 2010 seasons were excellent and he would currently be one of our better players. Lots of run, tons of pace, 35 goals, and unlike some he lifted for finals.
He is serious but stop calling him Shirley

You're kidding right? His 2009 GF was awful lol. I remember yelling at the TV at him, especially when he got caught in that run down tackle on the wing. I am talking purely about the GF, and he was the weak link for mine in that GF, IMO. Mark Blake wasn't crash hot either

You're kidding right? His 2009 GF was awful lol. I remember yelling at the TV at him, especially when he got caught in that run down tackle on the wing. I am talking purely about the GF, and he was the weak link for mine in that GF, IMO. Mark Blake wasn't crash hot either

Byrnes?
His last quarter was instrumental in us winning the '09 GF.

Byrnes?
His last quarter was instrumental in us winning the '09 GF.

His first 3 were instrumental in turnovers from my recollection, lol. But it is a long time ago, so maybe I'm just remembering only the bad parts, and forgetting the good parts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news...

So after some perusing of the Carlton board, I have these 3 statements - which are very interesting considering their intel on Cook and where they say their source is:

1st Carlton Poster

"Coaching market will hot up shortly, if one C. Scott accepts 5 year deal to go up to sunny QLD, so we’d better get our ducks in a row otherwise our candidates may have other options shortly ;)

Just a question to Caroline Wilson is that a disgraceful way for the AFL/GC to treat their current employee Stuart Dew who is currently in the job, look forward to hearing your take.;)"

2nd Carlton Poster

"If it's true that the AFL has given Chris Scott a huge offer to come up and coach the Gold Coast then it strengthens my belief that we could be getting Clarko.

This is because the AFL is known to have given Clarko a huge offer for the same position 12 months from now.

Interesting...Have seen it floating around the Suns group I'm a part of and they avoid trash rumors."

1st Carlton Poster (in response - the most interesting part to me)

"Source is inside the Geelong hub - as per my intel on Cook as well - I trust it. :thumbsu:

The AFL/GC offer to Scott IS on the table - it doesn’t mean that Scott is going to accept it. ;)"

As per all ITK info, take this all with a grain of salt. With that said, thought it worth sharing, as the 1st Carlton poster is known as a good ITK, and if his source is in the Geelong hub, then it doesn't get more 'insider' than that.

Interesting times await...

With hocking in charge i would say Scarletts chance of becoming head coach is about 0.0001%. If anything he will do well to hang onto his current job.

?

History between these two at club or while Hocking at AFL or just a new CEO applying the broom?
Like most on here, would think Scarlett’s penchant for speaking his mind would probably rule him out as successor to Scott, but might stay on as assistant for one more year IMO - Steve might keep the remaining staff for a year to provide some continuity.

Last edited:
His first 3 were instrumental in turnovers from my recollection, lol. But it is a long time ago, so maybe I'm just remembering only the bad parts, and forgetting the good parts

I'm a bit the opposite - I remember the game better than most (my favourite ever Geelong victory) but I don't remember Byrnes doing much early on, until the last quarter, where he burned Clarke on the wing in maybe 3 clear 1v1 contests.

In other news...

So after some perusing of the Carlton board, I have these 3 statements - which are very interesting considering their intel on Cook and where they say their source is:

1st Carlton Poster

"Coaching market will hot up shortly, if one C. Scott accepts 5 year deal to go up to sunny QLD, so we’d better get our ducks in a row otherwise our candidates may have other options shortly ;)

Just a question to Caroline Wilson is that a disgraceful way for the AFL/GC to treat their current employee Stuart Dew who is currently in the job, look forward to hearing your take.;)"

2nd Carlton Poster

"If it's true that the AFL has given Chris Scott a huge offer to come up and coach the Gold Coast then it strengthens my belief that we could be getting Clarko.

This is because the AFL is known to have given Clarko a huge offer for the same position 12 months from now.

Interesting...Have seen it floating around the Suns group I'm a part of and they avoid trash rumors."

1st Carlton Poster (in response - the most interesting part to me)

"Source is inside the Geelong hub - as per my intel on Cook as well - I trust it. :thumbsu:

The AFL/GC offer to Scott IS on the table - it doesn’t mean that Scott is going to accept it. ;)"

As per all ITK info, take this all with a grain of salt. With that said, thought it worth sharing, as the 1st Carlton poster is known as a good ITK, and if his source is in the Geelong hub, then it doesn't get more 'insider' than that.

Interesting times await...
Scott's been loving his tan ever since the QLD hub last year. Can see him heading up there and browning up even more.

No chance Scarlett becomes a senior coach. Not with his (lack of) people skills.

Hocking is as brand aware as any administrator ive ever heard of. Not a chance he ever lets someone with Scarlett's personalit become the frontman of the club.

Chances of Clark staying are significantly improved if rumours are correct that Scarlett is gone.

The two did not get along at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My first thoughts too. Wells is a big Clark fan but Scarlo isnt.

He wasn’t terrible but I think his performances at Melbourne showed how much he needed a good team

He wasn’t terrible but I think his performances at Melbourne showed how much he needed a good team
He was squad depth but he was massive in some big games for us, no way you get the equivalent performance of Byrnes out of a Kolo or a Dahlhaus etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back