Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2003
Exile
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Assuming this year is a shambles,
we would end up with 1,2 18, 34, 50 and 66.

Also we get first pick in the pre-season draft also.

I am thinking we take the best 2 kids,
trade Whitnall for Goddard/Ko********ske,
and see what is tradeable
re: second/third/fourth round picks.

If we have been really smart, we should be on the blower to Luke Power, (who they offered the captaincy to a couple of years ago)
tell him to sit tight, and pick him up in the psd.

Having the number 1 PSD pick scares other clubs into making a stupid trade. Eg. Carlton trading Hamill and Fremantle trading Simmonds. So even if we don't get a Nick Stevens in the PSD, we may get some decent trades. :D

Onto the picks. Let's assume we're the only team to tank and we end up with picks 1 and 2. If so, I would draft Shannon Hurn and Mitch Clark. For those who don't know, Hurn is a tough dominant midfielder in the Cooney mould rather than the Deledio mould. He is strickly an 'inside' player that we've been crying out for. Clark is a very tall CHF/Ruckman from WA that has plenty of talent and plenty of potential. I think as the season goes on, he might be touted as the number 1 pick ahead of Hurn. Ofcourse if we have picks 1 and 2, it won't matter which player is better. :cool:

I have no idea at this stage whom we would draft our second rounder with, so let's leave that for now. However, I think if possible, we should trade Lance for a 1st rounder. I know many will argue that we shouldn't trade him while he's returning to form, but it is this resurgance from Lance that could give us another gun in the making.... I speak of Marcus Drum. An unbelievable talent that is expected to go top 10..... as a FULLBACK :eek:

Watch this space though. As tbe draft nears, clubs will look at other players who could be a gun forward or a gun midfileder and consequently Drum will fall down the pecking order. It is the curse of the unappreciated backmen and it'll strike on young Marcus. Make no mistake, he'll be a gun. And it'll be the other clubs' greed that will see him come to Carlton. We won't overlook him. We will already have the best key forward and best midfielder and if we play our cards rights, we could also have the best key backman.

So that's Hurn, Clark, Drum and we haven't even gotten to the second round yet.

Hawks won't win enough games to avoid the spoon and we have too many forward options for them to cover when we play in a month. Lance, Fev, Waite,Fisher and Betts will score enough goals to beat the Hawks in the game that will decide who gets the spoon.So we are more likely to have 2,4,20 and pick 2 in the PSD than 1,2,18 and pick 1 in the PSD.

I don't want that I want them to bottom out and get the best picks in all three drafts as it's the best way forward. :)

It does get a bit tactical round this time of year for bottom/struggling teams.

Is it five wins that guarantees priority picks?

Out of Kouta, Stevens and Camporeale there is 3 good knees at the moment and the form is according. Perhaps a bit of r&r on a rotating weekly basis, leaving them 6-7 games of the last 10 for each.

Maybe Russell and Raso (who would have been No1 pick this year) could play the last month, leaving the fringe Johnson, Bowyer, Clarke (well he's gone), Bannister, Chambers, Longmuir, McGrath to play the last 2 months for their careers.

Bentick, Carazzo, Betts are worth perservering with.

Them seem to be trying to keep the back six settled, so leave it be.

So, not being the harbringer of doom, last wouldn't be that bad and we get to play out the list and sort it out once and for all.

igt22265 said:
Assuming this year is a shambles,
we would end up with 1,2 18, 34, 50 and 66.

Also we get first pick in the pre-season draft also.

I am thinking we take the best 2 kids,
trade Whitnall for Goddard/Ko********ske,
and see what is tradeable
re: second/third/fourth round picks.

If we have been really smart, we should be on the blower to Luke Power, (who they offered the captaincy to a couple of years ago)
tell him to sit tight, and pick him up in the psd.

Goddard is overated and Koscitize is injury prone, plus saints arent gonna want another foward when they already have, Gehrig, Riewoldt, Hamill

iluvparis said:
Hopefully a lack of a gun forward stops the Eagles from winning the flag their midfield deserves. Then if we finish clear on the bottom we package 2 of:

- Pick 1
- Pick 2
- Lance Whitnall
- Andrew Walker

for Judd.

3 potential cornerstones for Judd! He's a great player but not for that thanks.

iluvparis said:
Hopefully a lack of a gun forward stops the Eagles from winning the flag their midfield deserves. Then if we finish clear on the bottom we package 2 of:

- Pick 1
- Pick 2
- Lance Whitnall
- Andrew Walker

for Judd.

no thanks on that deal.....

as for the knees if they aint fit DONT play them ,,play the people that are fit god knows the season is already screwed

iluvparis said:

- Pick 1
- Pick 2
- Lance Whitnall
- Andrew Walker

for Judd.

You are joking, right? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back