Review End of season list management decisions and impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well. Draft is over and into rookie selections. With Baldwin, Callow, Trew, Maher and even Kolar still available it baffles me that we resigned MacKay or didn’t move on Davis

Always was going to be some great opportunity for bargain rookies given the lack of picks this year but I think I am correct in saying we don’t have spot ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So do we only have 1 list spot left on the list? Which is Hately today and we can’t pick any rookies at all?
Hately + we can pick up a Cat A rookie during the Supplemental Selection Period (Jan 6 - Mar 9), to replace Gibbs on the rookie list.

Well. Draft is over and into rookie selections. With Baldwin, Callow, Trew, Maher and even Kolar still available it baffles me that we resigned MacKay or didn’t move on Davis

Always was going to be some great opportunity for bargain rookies given the lack of picks this year but I think I am correct in saying we don’t have spot ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would also add Zac Dumsney to that list.

When we pick up someone in the supplementary period we would have brought in 10 new players this off season. I'm not sure Mackay and Davis have hindered us too much.

Mackay moves off the list next year and we replace him in a better draft (apparently), I doubt we bring in 10 players next off season.

Last edited:
ALOT to be happy with when you look at the totality of our draft/trade selections the past 3 seasons;

DEF: Hamill, McAsey, Butts, Worrell, Borlase

MID: Strachan, Keays, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Jones, Berry, McHenry, Hately, O'Connor, Gallant, Cook, Sholl

FWD: Thilthorpe, Newchurch, McAdam, Rowe, Frampton, Stengle

I feel pretty confident there is a good mixture of best 22 talent and depth on all of those lines, especially those I've highlighted.

I can't wait for 2021.

ALOT to be happy with when you look at the totality of our draft/trade selections the past 3 seasons;

MID: Strachan, Keays, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Jones, Berry, McHenry, Hately, O'Connor, Gallant, Cook, Sholl

I feel pretty confident there is a good mixture of best 22 talent and depth on all of those lines, especially those I've highlighted.

I can't wait for 2021.

Definitely a new look team, that's for sure.

Beginning to look and feel absolutely totally unrecognizable from 2017.

Thats a good thing.

In a year or two, the next phase of our rebuild will be completed.
2 or 3 elite mids still needed. But there are some solid players there.

Pick 2 would have been handy to get Hollands!

2 or 3 elite mids still needed. But there are some solid players there.

Pick 2 would have been handy to get Hollands!
North got pick 2 right with Phillips imo. Was the best mid in the draft followed by Campbell.

I can't wait for 2021.

+ Mitch Hinge (DEF/Utility).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back