Review End of season list management decisions and impact

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well. Draft is over and into rookie selections. With Baldwin, Callow, Trew, Maher and even Kolar still available it baffles me that we resigned MacKay or didn’t move on Davis

Always was going to be some great opportunity for bargain rookies given the lack of picks this year but I think I am correct in saying we don’t have spot ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So do we only have 1 list spot left on the list? Which is Hately today and we can’t pick any rookies at all?
Hately + we can pick up a Cat A rookie during the Supplemental Selection Period (Jan 6 - Mar 9), to replace Gibbs on the rookie list.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well. Draft is over and into rookie selections. With Baldwin, Callow, Trew, Maher and even Kolar still available it baffles me that we resigned MacKay or didn’t move on Davis

Always was going to be some great opportunity for bargain rookies given the lack of picks this year but I think I am correct in saying we don’t have spot ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would also add Zac Dumsney to that list.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
When we pick up someone in the supplementary period we would have brought in 10 new players this off season. I'm not sure Mackay and Davis have hindered us too much.

Mackay moves off the list next year and we replace him in a better draft (apparently), I doubt we bring in 10 players next off season.

Last edited:

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
ALOT to be happy with when you look at the totality of our draft/trade selections the past 3 seasons;

DEF: Hamill, McAsey, Butts, Worrell, Borlase

MID: Strachan, Keays, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Jones, Berry, McHenry, Hately, O'Connor, Gallant, Cook, Sholl

FWD: Thilthorpe, Newchurch, McAdam, Rowe, Frampton, Stengle

I feel pretty confident there is a good mixture of best 22 talent and depth on all of those lines, especially those I've highlighted.

I can't wait for 2021.

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
ALOT to be happy with when you look at the totality of our draft/trade selections the past 3 seasons;

MID: Strachan, Keays, Schoenberg, Pedlar, Jones, Berry, McHenry, Hately, O'Connor, Gallant, Cook, Sholl

I feel pretty confident there is a good mixture of best 22 talent and depth on all of those lines, especially those I've highlighted.

I can't wait for 2021.

Definitely a new look team, that's for sure.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Beginning to look and feel absolutely totally unrecognizable from 2017.

Thats a good thing.

In a year or two, the next phase of our rebuild will be completed.
2 or 3 elite mids still needed. But there are some solid players there.

Pick 2 would have been handy to get Hollands!

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 or 3 elite mids still needed. But there are some solid players there.

Pick 2 would have been handy to get Hollands!
North got pick 2 right with Phillips imo. Was the best mid in the draft followed by Campbell.

Relaxed

Senior List
Feb 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

I can't wait for 2021.

+ Mitch Hinge (DEF/Utility).

Back