Remove this Banner Ad

Just announced on AA that the following have gone in for surgery

Hartlett, ankle
Shaw, groin
Boak, shoulder
Krakouer, shoulder
Monfries, foot
Hombsch, hip

I think that was it. All relatively minor.

Port Adelaide’s end-of-year surgery list

Travis Boak – shoulder (3 weeks)
Nathan Krakouer –shoulder (3 weeks)
Jack Hombsch – hip (4-6 weeks)
Hamish Hartlett – ankle (4 weeks)
Angus Monfries - foot (3 weeks)
Mason Shaw – groin (TBC)

Power players currently in rehab from in-season surgery

Jackson Trengove – shoulder surgery (2 weeks)
Logan Austin – shoulders surgery (6 weeks)
Ollie Wines – shoulder surgery (2 weeks)

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-09-08/six-have-surgery-injury-update

So Wingard isn't carrying a minor ankle injury.

Nothing that requires surgery.

Very surprised hartlett hasnt had shoulder surgery. (Yet)

You wouldn't have thought Hartlett was carrying anything by his performance on the weekend. Really glad it isn't a shoulder for him though!

Nothing that requires surgery.

Very surprised hartlett hasnt had shoulder surgery. (Yet)
I watched him running around a bit off the ball at our last 2 home games and he was carrying it really akwardly. Quite surprised he's not in for surgery on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He still has 1-3 games left in his season. He and a couple others might yet see the surgeon when the 2's are done.

Edit: Hopefully not required though!
If he needed surgery, he'd be in for it, the AFL squad and being ready for day 1 of pre-season counts more than SANFL even if it is finals.

Can someone please answer this. Have we ever put a player in for surgery and then delisted them?
Can't remember a specific case off the top of my head, but I'm sure its been done before. Duty of care to the player, else a lawsuit could be coming your way years down the track.

Can't remember a specific case off the top of my head, but I'm sure its been done before. Duty of care to the player, else a lawsuit could be coming your way years down the track.
That's what I was thinking. I had a friend that did an ACL when he was young was told he would never play footy again and the club still paid for his surgery.

Can people get it out of their heads that because the club puts players in for surgery, it somehow guarantees you a spot on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back