End of the Spurs' dynasty?

Remove this Banner Ad

jo172 said:
The rings can be given to the Pistons now.

Hmmm let's examine this statement.

-In the first round the Mavs effortlessly swept a team that is far superior to the team that the Pistons had some trouble with.

-The Mavs just beat the team that you rightly point out is the only team in recent years to beat the Pistons.

and yet you think it is a fait accompli that they will win the title.

That is one of the more boneheaded statements I have read today.

Spunky Surfer Sandy Cohen said:
I didnt know Dirk was a Spur.
Over their careers, TD has achieved far more. Next.

Yes agree, Devin harris played very well. As for Tony Parker, who cares. Always lets your team down.
So much so that he's run a team as a 21 yo and a 23 yo to championships.

Next

Ok cool, so not only will you be old but also soft and unable to communicate with each other. But at least Manu has some 'raw meat'.
Old? Our most important 3 players are roughly 30, 29 and 24. And I just told you that we'll be bringing in a 20 yo SF and a mid 20's C. Hardly 'old'.

Next

Now go away, loser.
Interesting. It's posters like you that have stopped the quality posters from contributing to this board.

mattyc2422 said:
yada yada yada

Sure Dallas prevailed today, but basketball was the real winner. None of us deserve to be subjected to another series of watching Bland Antonio.

Now go away, and let the big boys discuss the conference finals, which you guys will not be a part of.

San Antonio:

yawning.jpg

jo172 said:
A few thoughts, AC was so excited he was forgetting to logoff,

ok.... and that would mean?

a Phoenix fan had the tenacity to call other fans bandwagoners,

Suns = 0 NBA titles.

All aboard.

The Spurs are not going to lose any major contributors so I can't see the dynasty ending for another few years.

The Spurs aren't getting Amare '40 PPG v Spurs' Stoudemire back so I can.

Also we're the one team to beat Detroit in a 7 game series in 3 years, The rings can be given to the Pistons now.

The Cavs nearly beat them and Miami took them to 7 last season. The best team? Yes. Unbeatable? Obviously not.

Also what's with the seeding system that has the two best teams in the west playing each other in the conference semi finals?

You still would've had to of beaten Dallas anyway, and guess what? You couldn't. Think positively, at least you get a longer holiday. And it had nothing to do with the seeding system either, the NBA took account that the Suns were indeed the Amareless Suns and decided to give them the 2nd seed.

A nice, but fair gesture.

What a bummer.

The Mavs were the better team in the series and deserved to win.

Ah well we have had our glory days, time to move on and let someone else have a go, for this year anyway.

We will be back.

Haha this thread is funny.

Every year people say, "The Spurs are old," "The Spurs are finished", "Its the end of their dynasty".

Yet year after year, they are there abouts, and this year they are in the Western Conference Final and should be playing off for the Championship.

Whats even more hilarious is that the Mavs and the Suns still cant buy a championship. :D

Haha this thread is funny.

Every year people say, "The Spurs are old," "The Spurs are finished", "Its the end of their dynasty".

Yet year after year, they are there abouts, and this year they are in the Western Conference Final and should be playing off for the Championship.

Whats even more hilarious is that the Mavs and the Suns still cant buy a championship. :D

They are old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing's for sure, it's amazing what a fully fit Tim Duncan can do for your playoff run. When I said last year they might be on the way down, I certainly did not consider that TD would bounce back and be raring to go again.

The Spurs do not have a dynasty going. They have 3 rings, maybe 4 over the coarse of 9 years.

You want a dynasty? How about the Celtics winning 8 straight, or Chicago winning 6 in 8 years. Those were dynasties.

With 4 rings out of 9 years, I'm pretty sure they don't care what label is placed upon their alternating-year dominance. Let's call it the on/off dynasty.

Where all these Spurs fans btw? I know that the average bed time of a Bland Antonio (this name gets funnier and funnier) is about 4pm (up at 5am to watch game tapes and plot even more defensive schemes), but couldnt they at least be sporting enough to play with us????

it isnt as much fun making jokes about Greg Popovich's skin or Manu's resemblence to an innocently queer character in a putrid 80s sitcom without them here.

What has happened to this incredible surfer man...if only we could get some extra funk on this board with his return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back