End The Sheedy Medal. Time for a Change?

Name change?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • other name- put it in the replies.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Is it time after a decade to have our B&F named after Giants champions instead of Sheeds?

I reckon a Ward Davis Medal (or swap names around) should be announced for the new season.

Thoughts?

Land of the Giants

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
It definitely has to be re-named. Sheedy allowed himself to be associated with the club for marketing purposes. We may as well call it the Folau Medal.

I would call it the Greater Western Sydney Medal. We haven't produced anyone that worthy just yet.

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
It definitely has to be re-named. Sheedy allowed himself to be associated with the club for marketing purposes. We may as well call it the Folau Medal.

I would call it the Greater Western Sydney Medal. We haven't produced anyone that worthy just yet.
Probably should have done that in the first place. As the Suns just left theirs unnamed.

I just doubt there will be any appetite to take his name off the medal now. We might not like it, and I hope it is renamed at some point.

Giant Gutsache

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Probably should have done that in the first place. As the Suns just left theirs unnamed.

I just doubt there will be any appetite to take his name off the medal now. We might not like it, and I hope it is renamed at some point.
Probably better to change it sooner and with Sheedy’s blessing. Will be a tougher PR exercise to do it after he loses what’s left of his marbles, or dies.
The current lot would probably change it to the Shepherd Matthews Trophy if given the chance.

Andre the Giant

Premium Platinum
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I like the idea of changing it but if and when we do I think it should be named after a player that plays his entire career with the club, its got to be Toby. He's our best player, he is an inaugural player and he never played anywhere else. Wait until he retires and then make it his.

Sheedy is an arrogant self-serving buffoon. He cost us Choc which probably cost us a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I like the idea of changing it but if and when we do I think it should be named after a player that plays his entire career with the club, its got to be Toby. He's our best player, he is an inaugural player and he never played anywhere else. Wait until he retires and then make it his.

Sheedy is an arrogant self-serving buffoon. He cost us Choc which probably cost us a flag.
Agree and love Tobes but a Best and Fairest named after the TFG? The guy is in trouble as often as he isn’t.
just think that’s more Wards wheelhouse.
Hell maybe even Cogs.

Andre the Giant

Premium Platinum
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Agree and love Tobes but a Best and Fairest named after the TFG? The guy is in trouble as often as he isn’t.
just think that’s more Wards wheelhouse.
Hell maybe even Cogs.
Does it have to be fairest 😆

Hey Libba won a Brownlow!!

I love both your suggestions, just thinking it’s the ultimate and maybe a one club guy is more special! Presuming he stays that way!!

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Does it have to be fairest 😆

Hey Libba won a Brownlow!!

I love both your suggestions, just thinking it’s the ultimate and maybe a one club guy is more special! Presuming he stays that way!!
If we lose players like Cogs, TFG, Kelly Haynes etc then the supposed “culture” we have is ****ed.

Think now he has healed Cogs has gotten back to his best.
Looking forward to next year on the field for all our players.