Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Steve smith on the Howie games podcast and apparently he completely forgets how he holds the bat sometimes.
Has happened twice in a game.
Also goes through 12-15 pairs of gloves in a day.
Unbelievable.
I've heard that being advertised, so it's worth a listen?

Just thinking about us hosting the three Shield games at Adelaide, Karen Rolton and Glenelg Oval in the hub scenario. If Adelaide Oval had to be used for another event is there another Oval that could be brought up to first class standard fairly quickly? If so which one? Woodville?

Just thinking about us hosting the three Shield games at Adelaide, Karen Rolton and Glenelg Oval in the hub scenario. If Adelaide Oval had to be used for another event is there another Oval that could be brought up to first class standard fairly quickly? If so which one? Woodville?
Woodville, Prospect or University all would be good. Park 25 at a pinch.

Otherwise even college grounds like St Peters would be ok given there will be no crowds. They played an Australia vs India women's test match there a few years back.

Biggest problem might be the outfields though. Suburban football grounds take a while to come back, get top dressed etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 has started proceedings to pull out of its deal with Cricket Australia.

Cricket could begin the summer without a free-to-air TV broadcaster after Channel 7 opted to terminate its contract with the game.

C9 would be loving this. Packer will be turning over in his grave.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/channe ... 2952da8ae9

I accidentally watched a bit of the match last night. It was hilarious (and boring) watching Maxwell hit a huge six into to the upper tier of the stand, and waiting for what seemed like ten minutes while someone from the ten or so members of the crowd went up there, retrieved the ball, and then droppped it into the lower tier. Then, someone else had to get it from there! A few overs later, the shredded ball was changed.

I was going to post about SA having the first month of the Shield comp this year, including day night games at Karen Rolton Oval.

Then this happens.....

An idol of mine growing up. Tough for Brett Lee as well having to perform cpr and trying to save him.
RIP Dean Jones. Thanks for the memories
Same... just an unbelievable gun batsmen who was great to watch in the ODI's where he was so dynamic & consistent at #3. Gutsy too, typified by his double century in the famous drawn test against India where he ended up on a drip after rhe gsme.

Rip Deano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back