Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more from the middle order. Head needs to go back to the Shield to use his namesake more. I'm happy he made 50 but that was hardly a disciplined knock. I'd bring in Carey. Not as a keeper but as a #7 so we could potentially have a decent middle order batsman.

Smith made a mountain of runs in England, but has really struggled since returning to Australia. He failed badly in both of the Pakistan tests, and scored one of the slowest hundreds in history in the Sheffield Shield. His innings against NZ was almost painful to watch. He's doing enough to not get out, but he's seriously struggling with scoring runs. It's weird, given the form he was in only a few months ago.

He's almost the anti-Warner. Warner couldn't get into double digits in England, and has only been out twice for less than 50 since returning to Australia. Warner on Australian wickets can do no wrong (in terms of his batting - his personality disorders remain fully intact). Smith made a mountain of runs in England, but just can't find a way to score in Australia.

The Lampshade, on the other hand, has thrived both at home and abroad.
Despite the form slump, Smith at least is getting into double digits most the time. Warner in England recently, made mostly single digit scores!

I think Smith thrives when he gets to bat into the innings early, not so much if he has to wait for lengthy periods. I get the feeling he’s a natural fidgeter, and waiting in the stands for too long makes him feel more uncomfortable.

We need more from the middle order. Head needs to go back to the Shield to use his namesake more. I'm happy he made 50 but that was hardly a disciplined knock. I'd bring in Carey. Not as a keeper but as a #7 so we could potentially have a decent middle order batsman.
Head was extremely disciplined...... until 50.

Again.

If you're going to bring another batsmen in it won't be Carey.

Head was extremely disciplined...... until 50.

Again.

If you're going to bring another batsmen in it won't be Carey.
Was he? Maybe on Friday he was but certainly not on Thursday night when he was swinging at just about everything. He was lucky to still be there Friday but at least he went on with it.

Can't stand our carry on when we're winning. Difficult team to like
It's becoming a thing in world cricket. Gone are the days where you had a couple of high 5s, shook hands and went for beers.

Now each Test seems like an Ashes win.

It's becoming a thing in world cricket. Gone are the days where you had a couple of high 5s, shook hands and went for beers.

Now each Test seems like an Ashes win.
Don't mind that so much, it's the banter and joviality and sledging when we're on top and taking wickets that irks me. Disappears when Stokes or whoever is making runs against us.

Don't mind that so much, it's the banter and joviality and sledging when we're on top and taking wickets that irks me. Disappears when Stokes or whoever is making runs against us.
Again, it's pretty well a sign of the times. The Indians are the absolute worst for it, followed by us and the English.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Bash starts tomorrow night. Brisbane vs Sydney Thunder

Strikes kick off away to the Thunder on Saturday night
Interesting squad for us this season. We don't have any obvious star power but we have some very good shield players. Head and Conway are two of the best bowlers this season so far so could prove to be handy. Amazing considering how much of a liability Agar was, happy for him that he's turned it around.

Looks like the Strikers are expecting very low numbers for matches this season. Level 5 of the eastern stand has been closed off.

Reckon the two weekday afternoon matches will struggle to get 10k.
Weather dependent perhaps, coupled with how the Strikers fare in their early games.

Are there fewer home games this year? That will help. Last season went on forever.

Weather dependent perhaps, coupled with how the Strikers fare in their early games.

Are there fewer home games this year? That will help. Last season went on forever.
Same number of games, but I believe they are playing more double headers so the season doesn't drag on for so long.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very interesting.

But I would still bring in the extra bowler (Pattinson + Neser) for the MCG, play Warner, Burns, Labuschagne, Smith, Wade, Paine, Pattinson, Cummins, Starc, Neser, Lyon.

Tell Head that he needs to work on his patience and that he will be back for the SCG.
As well as Head is going in statistics, Neser also needs some reward for sitting on the bench.
Don't have to be like the Crows of 2018/19 where only a select few get a shot and none of the other guys ever get a look, and everyone is too precious to be able to understand they can have a game off.

I know the groundsmen are trying something different this year, but if the MCG pitch is flat the extra bowler might save the Aussies from breaking their backs. The combination of Pattinson and Neser can also hold a bat and could almost contribute as many runs as the combination of Head and Hazelwood, with the additional 20 overs of pace bowling contributed per innings.

I can't wait to get rid of Paine and bring in a class batsman/keeper in Carey. While they like his captaincy, his batting of late has sucked. He did show fight when Warner & Smith were serving their bans, but just doesn't have the class that Carey appears to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back