Enfin de la F1 après la semaine du football de l'enfer ... French F1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it the teams monitor the drivers water bottle.
How else would they know Daniel hadn’t had a drink?
Weight of car too.. 1litre of fluid not going down

I’m sure Cyril aboo-boo will tell ADR to pull his head in too - cost the team points.. blah blah blah.. it hell of a last lap ...

So the one guy to actually do something on the track gets a penalty, whilst I agree with the penalty it’s a real sad state of affairs.

That race was officially the worst race I have ever watched, that was suppose to be a high overtaking track, even sky was having a go at the size of the DRS zones and it made no difference.

And you can tell how bad it is when even if Hamilton got suspended for 10 races all it would guarantee Bottas gets 10 wins in a row.

They can’t wait 2 years for new regulations and hope it brings Mercedes back to the field, something needs to be done now.

Because even the engine rule which is suppose to even it up is going to make it worse, Mercedes don’t burn engines, they didn’t even have to turn the engine up till Q2 this week. Every other team will be taking penalties from here on in while there lead gets even bigger.

The only decent race I have watched the last 3 years is when Hamilton and Rosberg took each other out on lap one and we actually watched some racing.

I am holding on to watching this sport, but it is getting harder and harder to keep watching.

It’s so s**t that drivers are basically encouraged to cut corners on this track. Ricciardo once he didn’t make the turn on Norris would have been better just cutting the next corner completely and then conceding the position back to Norris later in the lap. Instead he tries to respect track limits, gets done for re-entering the track dangerously, even though he was barely 2 feet off track, gets caught by Kimi in the process and gets whacked back 4 places.

And then the license points on top of that? F1’s a ******* joke.

Pwerhaps they should listen to one Lewis hamilton:

Britain's former world champion Lewis Hamilton says he fears Formula 1 fans will lose interest in the sport because Sebastian Vettel is so dominant.

Vettel, 26, is on the brink of a fourth consecutive world championship after winning the Korean Grand Prix.

Hamilton said he did not watch races when Michael Schumacher dominated.

"I remember waking up to watch the start of the race then going to sleep and waking up when it ended because I knew what would happen," said Hamilton.

07/10/2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Technically both penalties for Ricciardo were there. The second you go off track, you lose all power against anybody on track. After Vettel in Montreal, I think its clear that they need to make a few provisions to this interpretation. Otherwise what would stop someone on-track, blocking somebody that has gone off from re-entering knowing that the onus is always going to be on the guy re-entering.

Similar to the penalty with Kimi, it was there in the rules. It would be interesting to see how many posters on here that disagree with this penalty, also thought Verstappen was harshly done by in Austin a year or two ago.

But its a bit of a blight on the state of the sport when the only guy willing to entertain is getting punished.

The Perez penalty made me laugh as well. Guy does the correct thing when going off, and it turns out the detour around the bollard is actually quicker than the race track itself :straining:

I missed the second half of the race as unfortunately had to work! But Norris looked like he massively overreacted on that footage. Not necessarily arguing he didn’t re-enter dangerously, it just looked like if Norris held his line he would have stayed on track. Other footage might show something different.

Edit: The first angle at the start might show differently though, not sure. I’d like to see it from Norris cockpit.

That's a cracking pic from TheMase!

I agreed with him when I was watching. Maybe Norris was corralled wide, but it didn't take much for him to be encouraged to run off circuit. It's not like he made his best effort to get back on track as soon as possible. Opened up the steering and went as hard as he could.

It's like with Perez at the start of the race. Maybe he needed to go off circuit, but I'm not sure? I reckon he took the easy option.

The rules, as written or interpreted, are discouraging racing.
The line has been drawn now and every driver will settle for finishing in the position they are in for fear of being dropped several spots.
We will see many more processions in the future even if the design rules can make the cars more capable of overtaking.

Otherwise, it's absolute dog crap from Ricciardo.

It was effectively a 1 lap challenge for Ricciardo. At the start of the last lap he was where he started in 8th. He was simultaneously in the position of being able to get an extra place, while being vulnerable to getting picked off by two guys behind him. That is a challenge the "Racing Gods" are throwing at him, and he failed.

The best he could've done was 7th, the worst was 10th. Somehow he's ended up 11th!

In the grand scheme of things (The future of his career), picking off even a wounded Norris is going to do jack s**t for his reputation. It would've been no skin of his nose if he didn't get 7th, people would've forgotten about it anyway. But an 8th would've meant 3 consecutive points scoring finishes under varying level/types of challenges. Gaining a certain form and momentum while still developing a chemistry with Renault.

Look at it from the pov of Sainz being the current championship leader of "division 2". He was 2pts behind Sainz going into the race without having a particularly great season so far, and in for the kill. He would've just conceded 4pts and been 6 behind Sainz had he stayed there in 8th. Not ideal, but sometimes other guys beat you and you move onto the next race still within striking distance.

But now he's 10tps behind Sainz, which is the equivalent of 25pts+ for the second tier guys. It'll now take him longer than it otherwise would've to make that up, and that's if he does. Even worse, he's now dropped back a position to another "championship rival" Raikkonen. Even worse his team mate has now equalled his points, and he's had an even worse season than him and had him mostly covered.

It's alright puffing your chest out trying to be a big hero. But he does his reputation damage long term the more he ****s up. Instead of starting to build some form after a slow start, this race is just a continuation of the crap that started at the start of the AGP. Wtf is he doing going right, off the circuit to attempt to pass Raikkonen??? He looks dumb. Under pressure, his brain wasn't working properly..

Picking off 7th/Norris at France is going to do nothing for him long term. But finishing 7th in the championship, particularly if he can do it by a big margin and maybe even threaten 6th, will do his reputation heaps. Taking an 8th and fending off Raikkonen and Hulkenberg would help a lot.

The champions don't win championships by doing something, they win it by not ******* up, and even accepting less than what's possible sometimes. The WC trophy doesn't give a s**t that Bottas has done really well this season, had some bad luck in Monaco, or has only made one blunder so far this season. Hamilton is leading the championship by 36pts doing FA. That's what Ricciardo has to do.

Renault might've cost him points with bad strategies. But Ricciardo has cost more screwing up instead refraing from pulling the trigger. He has to lift!

Start being a boring accumulator, stop trying to entertain perpetually bored fans, and stop being the social media world champion.

I'm licking a stamp and sending it to that! The campainger is pissing me off!

It was effectively a 1 lap challenge for Ricciardo. At the start of the last lap he was where he started in 8th. He was simultaneously in the position of being able to get an extra place, while being vulnerable to getting picked off by two guys behind him. That is a challenge the "Racing Gods" are throwing at him, and he failed.

The best he could've done was 7th, the worst was 10th. Somehow he's ended up 11th!

In the grand scheme of things (The future of his career), picking off even a wounded Norris is going to do jack **** for his reputation. It would've been no skin of his nose if he didn't get 7th, people would've forgotten about it anyway. But an 8th would've meant 3 consecutive points scoring finishes under varying level/types of challenges. Gaining a certain form and momentum while still developing a chemistry with Renault.

Look at it from the pov of Sainz being the current championship leader of "division 2". He was 2pts behind Sainz going into the race without having a particularly great season so far, and in for the kill. He would've just conceded 4pts and been 6 behind Sainz had he stayed there in 8th. Not ideal, but sometimes other guys beat you and you move onto the next race still within striking distance.

But now he's 10tps behind Sainz, which is the equivalent of 25pts+ for the second tier guys. It'll now take him longer than it otherwise would've to make that up, and that's if he does. Even worse, he's now dropped back a position to another "championship rival" Raikkonen. Even worse his team mate has now equalled his points, and he's had an even worse season than him and had him mostly covered.

It's alright puffing your chest out trying to be a big hero. But he does his reputation damage long term the more he ****s up. Instead of starting to build some form after a slow start, this race is just a continuation of the crap that started at the start of the AGP. Wtf is he doing going right, off the circuit to attempt to pass Raikkonen??? He looks dumb. Under pressure, his brain wasn't working properly..

Picking off 7th/Norris at France is going to do nothing for him long term. But finishing 7th in the championship, particularly if he can do it by a big margin and maybe even threaten 6th, will do his reputation heaps. Taking an 8th and fending off Raikkonen and Hulkenberg would help a lot.

The champions don't win championships by doing something, they win it by not ******* up, and even accepting less than what's possible sometimes. The WC trophy doesn't give a **** that Bottas has done really well this season, had some bad luck in Monaco, or has only made one blunder so far this season. Hamilton is leading the championship by 36pts doing FA. That's what Ricciardo has to do.

Renault might've cost him points with bad strategies. But Ricciardo has cost more screwing up instead refraing from pulling the trigger. He has to lift!

Start being a boring accumulator, stop trying to entertain perpetually bored fans, and stop being the social media world champion.

Booo, keep driving it like you stole it Dan don't let the haters get you down. He makes one move and goes off track by a whisker and you are all up in arms about him driving like a hero, the fact he goes for those moves and generally sticks them is what makes him the guy who can win a GP with the 3rd best car and the more he does it in a Renault the more likely he will stick them as well.

No one at Ferrari or Mercedes will care who finishes 7th in the WC, it is for all intensive purposes pointless.

In the grand scheme of things (The future of his career), picking off even a wounded Norris is going to do jack **** for his reputation. It would've been no skin of his nose if he didn't get 7th, people would've forgotten about it anyway. But an 8th would've meant 3 consecutive points scoring finishes under varying level/types of challenges. Gaining a certain form and momentum while still developing a chemistry with Renault.

The champions don't win championships by doing something, they win it by not ******* up, and even accepting less than what's possible sometimes. The WC trophy doesn't give a **** that Bottas has done really well this season, had some bad luck in Monaco, or has only made one blunder so far this season. Hamilton is leading the championship by 36pts doing FA. That's what Ricciardo has to do.

"As soon as you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver"

As you say, they don't care if Bottas is doing well, perhaps if he took a few more risks he might actually be doing better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back