England tour of India (5 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring Bhuvi and Pant in for Rasool and Pandey or else let Pandey open. Manish Pandey is very unlucky. He never bats down the order in domestic and IPL but he gets to play in that position here and he will be dropped for not performing well. He should be in the top order ! Such a talent is being wasted.

Is Jadhav injured? Thought he'd be in that T20 side.

I was going to say can they please let Rania go, but if Rania was to play any format for India, it'd have to be T20. Has a very solid record.

Is Jadhav injured? Thought he'd be in that T20 side.

I was going to say can they please let Rania go, but if Rania was to play any format for India, it'd have to be T20. Has a very solid record.
Raina is only in the game due to Dhoni. He probably still has pull in the side.

Raina is only in the game due to Dhoni. He probably still has pull in the side.

Raina was probably their best batsman last night, and has a fine T20 record.

The head-scratcher for me is Rasool. Don't really know why he's being selected, based on his T20 record. Not a dangerous bowler, and slow as treacle with the bat in this format.

India have missed a trick with their batting order. Pandey should've opened where this type of innings would've been OK on this pitch or come in AFTER Dohni & Pandya.

Kohli shouldn't have opened in this pitch. He would have played well in 1 down. This aggressiveness doesn't suit him. And Pandey should have come 1 down or open the batting which is his normal position.

These no-ball wickets hurts.

He should get dropped for it. He has done it time & time again. A fast bowler I can understand doing it, but Mishra? No excuses. Stokes has gone on to be the pick of the England batsman.

He should get dropped for it. He has done it time & time again. A fast bowler I can understand doing it, but Mishra? No excuses. Stokes has gone on to be the pick of the England batsman.
Totally agree with you. Spinner as no excuse for that.

Every match one or the other does that. Disgusting. I wonder how many no balls have been missed by the umpires. Not talking about this match, but in general. They check for no-ball only when wickets have fallen. It it wasn't a wicket, that no-ball would not have been counted at all.

Terrific over from Bumrah ! He almost got Root. Come on guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bumrah was amazing. He was not in form, but what a way to come back to form and bowl well.

This was a really good match, along with the Aus/NZ ODI yesterday.
England just choked. You'd expect to get 8 runs in 6 balls 9 out of 10 times. Bumrah's variations were really good too but the poms should've won.
I don't know why Kohli wants to open the batting. Much better at no.3. Rahul scored some valuable runs on a tough pitch.

This was a really good match, along with the Aus/NZ ODI yesterday.
England just choked. You'd expect to get 8 runs in 6 balls 9 out of 10 times. Bumrah's variations were really good too but the poms should've won.
I don't know why Kohli wants to open the batting. Much better at no.3. Rahul scored some valuable runs on a tough pitch.
Kohli doesn't want to drop Raina or Yuvi ( who are both pretty useless right now) for an opener, that is Pant. So, he is opening. But the equation will change when Rohit is fit. Probably they will drop Manish Pandey to give those seniors another chance. *sigh*

Kohli doesn't want to drop Raina or Yuvi ( who are both pretty useless right now) for an opener, that is Pant. So, he is opening. But the equation will change when Rohit is fit. Probably they will drop Manish Pandey to give those seniors another chance. *sigh*
Well called mate. Pant in for Pandey. I wonder if he will open with Rahul and Kohli goes to 3.

For England, it's Plunkett in for Dawson.

Why does Kohli open ? And there was no run there. Silly way to get run out. I hate the team management. They don't know to utilize Manish Pandey. Minimum 200 is required in this pitch to have any chance of win.

Did he just hit that out of the ground? :eek:

Morgan now complaining about the replacement ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back