England tour of South Africa (4 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a big difference having Pope in the middle order compared to Bairstow , who had zero discipline and played every innings like an ODI game.

The guy is a repeat offender, you'd think he would have learned by now.

Serves him right.

Learned from what? The authorities kept letting him off the hook. Should have been suspended against Australia but the idiots in charge decided to let him off. All he learned from that is he can do whatever he likes. He was also encroaching the danger area, something umpires seem to be hot on these days .. well, they are against Australia anyway.

Last edited:
Learned from what? The authorities kept letting him off the hook. Should have been suspended against Australia but the idiots in charge decided to let him off. All he learned from that is he can do whatever he likes.

Well they didn’t really ‘keep’ letting him off the hook.

He got demerit points for every incident, they just downgraded the most recent from 3 points to 1.

Hope he learns his lesson

Well they didn’t really ‘keep’ letting him off the hook.

He got demerit points for every incident, they just downgraded the most recent from 3 points to 1.

Hope he learns his lesson
They were way too easy on him in those instances.
1st incident should have been a suspended sentence then a 2nd incident a suspension, even two games.

Most likely would have stopped there. Its the type of celebration/send off you see in under 14s.

Dom Bess seems to have time in slow motion to play shots late . His cut shots with the ball so close to his body ( not stepping back to cut ) are pretty amazing . His ramping of bouncers and those 2 reverse sweeps of a 150kph bowler was something . He is one of a new wave of baby brits in the side and this is exciting .

Dom Bess seems to have time in slow motion to play shots late . His cut shots with the ball so close to his body ( not stepping back to cut ) are pretty amazing . His ramping of bouncers and those 2 reverse sweeps of a 150kph bowler was something . He is one of a new wave of baby brits in the side and this is exciting .

Do you mean Oli Pope?
Bess made 1

As a big Protea fan, no complaints with the Rabada suspension and I'm very surprised it hasn't happened sooner. He's an incredible bowler with a tremendous attitude but I wish he'd get rid of the silly antics and sendoffs. I'd love Allan Donald to have sixty minutes with him, to discuss how to better direct his aggression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a big Protea fan, no complaints with the Rabada suspension and I'm very surprised it hasn't happened sooner. He's an incredible bowler with a tremendous attitude but I wish he'd get rid of the silly antics and sendoffs. I'd love Allan Donald to have sixty minutes with him, to discuss how to better direct his aggression.

Maybe Dale Steyn may be an option. He used to fire up after a wicket, but (as far as I know) he never crossed the line of acceptable behaviour. Nobody's saying Rabada shouldn't celebrate taking a Test wicket, he should. I love to see quicks fire up, but there are ways of going about it.

Maybe Dale Steyn may be an option. He used to fire up after a wicket, but (as far as I know) he never crossed the line of acceptable behaviour. Nobody's saying Rabada shouldn't celebrate taking a Test wicket, he should. I love to see quicks fire up, but there are ways of going about it.
Absolutely . Nothing better then watching a pace bowler be aggressive and make life uncomfortable and a real test for the batter.
Getting into the batters personal space should be an absolute no go . Steyn is a good example of having that balance right.

Hopefully we don't it again from Rabada

Fair bit of help for the spinners this test though, the figures don't show it but even day one maharaj created issues.

Honestly think sa are dead here unless it rains, will be way too tough to bat day five here.

Absolutely they’re getting a bit of help from the surface but Bess is just bowling good areas rather than sending down hand grenades. I genuinely think since that disastrous India tour SA have kind of created a bit of a mental monster for themselves when it comes to facing even moderate spin on a semi-helpful surface

If I was South Africa, I'd appeal Rabada's ban but he'll learn a very big lesson if he sits out the Johannesburg test. Well, you'd like to think he would anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back