England tour of South Africa (4 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t he just say he looked like Ed Sheeran?
Also a "ginger campaigner".
Must be hard walking back to the pavilion, already triggered from getting out cheaply, and having some moron heckling abuse from a few metres away...but nevertheless Stokes needs to get better at it.

Steve Smith and Dave Warner managed to not react to the much worse abuse copped during the Ashes. No excuse for Ben, look forward to Michael Vaughn defending him though and managing to blame the Aussies somehow

Steve Smith and Dave Warner managed to not react to the much worse abuse copped during the Ashes. No excuse for Ben, look forward to Michael Vaughn defending him though and managing to blame the Aussies somehow

I agree they handled it well, but realistically they copped it for cheating. Stokes copped it for the colour of his hair.
If someone said Smith looks borderline handicapped which, in fairness, he almost does, he might not take it quite as well
Still, Stokes was silly to react the way he did

I can't believe Stokes is getting support here, even from England fans. You can't threaten to go all Dermie on fans these days, especially for something apparently inoffensive. All I've seen is he was called a ginger campaigner who looks like Ed Sheeran.
If someone said Smith looks borderline handicapped which, in fairness, he almost does, he might not take it quite as well
Still, Stokes was silly to react the way he did
Is this a reference to Stokes having form for that sort of thing?

I can't believe Stokes is getting support here, even from England fans. You can't threaten to go all Dermie on fans these days, especially for something apparently inoffensive. All I've seen is he was called a ginger campaigner who looks like Ed Sheeran.

Inoffensive?

A ginger c**t.

Could've handled it better, but you don't need to put up with abuse like that.

No although I’m familiar why the incident you’re referencing - which I also don’t have a problem with incidentally. The quote he was taking the piss out of was hilarious.

I’m referencing the fact that when I first watched smith bowl and bat, combined with the fact that he jist looks a little bit odd, it was noted among a few people I talk cricket with that he looks a bit special

I’m not defending stokes he clearly carried on like a tit

Players should just walk off and not get baited so easily.

Take off your batting gear, go to security and tell them who it was and anyone who uses foul language towards a player should get ejected and not welcomed back to the venue for a year or 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maharaj now must occupy a very unique spot in test history.

How many players in the game, with injury not playing any part, have been dropped the game after scoring a half century and taking a five wicket haul, even with not one but TWO other players being dropped/suspended?

Maharaj now must occupy a very unique spot in test history.

How many players in the game, with injury not playing any part, have been dropped the game after scoring a half century and taking a five wicket haul, even with not one but TWO other players being dropped/suspended?
Marj took 5 wickets for 180 in a declared total of 499 . Wasnt great bowling the tail smashed him all over the park before they holed out .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back